3 stars + HH double brutal edition.

wbbfan

50 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Sure, but it never hurts to do what you can to set your players up for success. 

Hajrullahu must be on cloud 9 today. Did he ever put it to his former team (us). 

pleased.gif

Interesting quote from Nichols in the post game remote.... Said they did a lot of little things wrong, with one example being that they lined up wrong for the final play before the kick (a 1 yd Harris run) and if they'd done that simple thing properly, they'd have had a bigger gain and made the kick that much easier. It sounded like a lot of the team just had their heads up their asses and weren't sharp. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Interesting quote from Nichols in the post game remote.... Said they did a lot of little things wrong, with one example being that they lined up wrong for the final play before the kick (a 1 yd Harris run) and if they'd done that simple thing properly, they'd have had a bigger gain and made the kick that much easier. It sounded like a lot of the team just had their heads up their asses and weren't sharp. 

And whose responsibility was that?????

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

O'Shea was saying the same thing. Said there's no way it was the last kick (why we lost). It was lots of little things that added up like dropped balls and missed tackles. The question is, why? I wonder if the previous game against BC, a chippy, hard hitting game that saw us lose two of our best players, didn't cause us to lose a bit of focus for this Toronto game. I think it did and when we lost Bond early in the Argo game it made it even harder for the team to focus on the task at hand. 

Trestman has the Argos playing well at the right time of the year but the teams we need to be most concerned with are the Western clubs: Calgary, Edmonton and Sask. Calgary and Wpg seem to be in a bit of a funk. I sure hope we can snap out of it and find a way to build some momentun going into the playoffs. Wins against BC and Calgary would do wonders to build our confidence for the post season.

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

It is only human to lose focus when you see your team mates go down to injury. We had just lost Adams and Leggett long term and then lost Bond and had scares with Dressler and Randle. It wasn't a playoff game and wasn't a must-have game. It's not like they got blown out. They hung in there right to the final play. They just weren't sharp.

I can see them laying a smack down on BC next week and then giving Calgary a real good game to get themselves into playoff mode. Go Blue!

DSCF2948.jpg

Just now, Mark H. said:

Considering that were going with 3 Canadians on the OL after Bond got hurt - it's too bad Nevis wasn't dressed. 

Yeah. Though id rather not see newfie start.  Couture is a bit undersized still. And Spooner probably too raw. But that is the future fix for our ratio issue imo. Id rather see foketi in then newfie though. If this injury is bad. 

28 minutes ago, tracker said:

A bit on leadership, a bit on coaching. These things will happen though. In that situation nichols didnt really have time to audible and adjust. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah. Though id rather not see newfie start.  Couture is a bit undersized still. And Spooner probably too raw. But that is the future fix for our ratio issue imo. Id rather see foketi in then newfie though. If this injury is bad. 

Agreed. And the OL is just another example of how fortunate the Bombers have been with injuries - that's the first OL change this year.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Agreed. And the OL is just another example of how fortunate the Bombers have been with injuries - that's the first OL change this year.

Yeah. I think we had the same starting OL with only one injury after week 4 of last year. Idr who but i think newfie came in late last year. 

Long term, we need better starting NI. Which with our young guys and quality of our NI scouting im not worried about. Short term, we need to do a ton more hurry up. Yes teams fake injuries at time to derail our hurry up. If we did nearly full time hurry up they couldnt fake an injury every play. The offense runs dramatically better in the hurry up. Nichols calling his own plays would go a long ways as well. 

2 hours ago, J5V said:

O'Shea was saying the same thing. Said there's no way it was the last kick (why we lost). It was lots of little things that added up like dropped balls and missed tackles. The question is, why? I wonder if the previous game against BC, a chippy, hard hitting game that saw us lose two of our best players, didn't cause us to lose a bit of focus for this Toronto game. I think it did and when we lost Bond early in the Argo game it made it even harder for the team to focus on the task at hand. 

Trestman has the Argos playing well at the right time of the year but the teams we need to be most concerned with are the Western clubs: Calgary, Edmonton and Sask. Calgary and Wpg seem to be in a bit of a funk. I sure hope we can snap out of it and find a way to build some momentun going into the playoffs. Wins against BC and Calgary would do wonders to build our confidence for the post season.

Yup...except he said that no ones really sees those things except for them. What a stupid thing to say...does he think everyone is so blind they can't see dropped passes and a defence which stinks?

On 10/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, aalgernon said:

It's the kicker's job to make fields goals, no matter what position he's put in. Medlock has made kicks like that many a time before.

You're right... Medlock's expected to make that kick. I just find that sometimes LaPo's playcalling puts the team (or individual players) in unnecessary predicaments. If you go back to when Toronto/Winnipeg played (in Winnipeg), the Bombers had a chance to run (most) of the clock off with the ball at their own 25 yard line. LaPo's play call on 2nd and 5? A deep ball to L'Damian Washington causing a 2 and out. We ended up getting away with it though as Heath intercepted Ray's pass on the next series.

28 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

You're right... Medlock's expected to make that kick. I just find that sometimes LaPo's playcalling puts the team (or individual players) in unnecessary predicaments. If you go back to when Toronto/Winnipeg played (in Winnipeg), the Bombers had a chance to run (most) of the clock off with the ball at their own 25 yard line. LaPo's play call on 2nd and 5? A deep ball to L'Damian Washington causing a 2 and out. We ended up getting away with it though as Heath intercepted Ray's pass on the next series.

I remember that play and the question marks that hovered over my head after that. It was like this last game. We were in a 2nd and 5 situation at the Argo 30 yard line. THAT was the perfect time to throw a safe pass anywhere,  deep, short, it didn’t matter. Move the ball. We had enough time. Then, we wouldn’t have lost yards because everybody knew Harris was getting the ball. I don’t know why I didn’t get a call on that play for advise...

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I remember that play and the question marks that hovered over my head after that. It was like this last game. We were in a 2nd and 5 situation at the Argo 30 yard line. THAT was the perfect time to throw a safe pass anywhere,  deep, short, it didn’t matter. Move the ball. We had enough time. Then, we wouldn’t have lost yards because everybody knew Harris was getting the ball. I don’t know why I didn’t get a call on that play for advise...

Am I being mocked? If I have to ask...

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Am I being mocked? If I have to ask...

Well, it is Mocktober

but no, no mockingbird here. When Nichols threw that ball on 2nd and 5, I thought for sure somebody was wide open, but nope, it was a weird call to try that.

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, it is Mocktober

but no, no mockingbird here. When Nichols threw that ball on 2nd and 5, I thought for sure somebody was wide open, but nope, it was a weird call to try that.

I just find the call for an outside run particularly odd. The safe play in that situation would be to run it up the gut, line up the field goal for the win. The aggressive call would be to try for a 10+ yard pass downfield, hoping for a better shot at the kick. The call for an outside run is the worst of both situations... doesn't catch them off-guard, and also doesn't line it up for the kicker. On top of that, even if they DID catch the Argo's napping, the reward would've been minimal... maybe at best a 15-yard run?

On 10/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, aalgernon said:

Disagree with the latter point - he has been absolutely money for most of the year, but is experiencing a slump now. Let's hope he can pick his game up heading into playoffs.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with this... statistically he is closer to the bottom of the league right now and he has made some critical misses this season... missed a game tying kick against BC early in the year... had two brutal misses against Edmonton which might have cost us the game if not for an excellent defensive performance and a game sealing pick-6 from Randle... and missed the game winner against Tor...

All that being said, I still have confidence that Medlock will make a big kick for us at some point before the season is over... I've just temporarily lost that confidence that anything 45 and under is a lock...

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, Eternal optimist said:

I just find the call for an outside run particularly odd. The safe play in that situation would be to run it up the gut, line up the field goal for the win. The aggressive call would be to try for a 10+ yard pass downfield, hoping for a better shot at the kick. The call for an outside run is the worst of both situations... doesn't catch them off-guard, and also doesn't line it up for the kicker. On top of that, even if they DID catch the Argo's napping, the reward would've been minimal... maybe at best a 15-yard run?

Unless they were running it to the right to get it on the right hash... which is where Medlock likes it.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Could be, if there was an angled cross wind he might want to kick more directly into it and aim for the left post.  Still missed to the right though.

Most kickers have a preference, especially for longer kicks.  His is the right hash.