Leo's @ Bombers: Nail In Buono's Coffin Edition

USABomberfan

2 things:

- Not sure either why they pulled Dom D.   Lefovour has looked bad in his limited throws this year and looked dreadful today.

- Not sure why they often kept Dom D in the pocket. His strength is his legs. We had a little success when they rolled him out or had him run, but then they went back to pocket passer. Bad play calling.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

LeFevour's passing accuracy is alarmingly lousy.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

LeFevour's passing accuracy is alarmingly lousy.

When Davis was benched, my thought was, "Lefevour can't be any worse than Davis", but sadly, he was waaay worse.  The thought occurs to me that if LeFevour's only value is short-yardage lunges, why not just put a fullback behind centre on those plays and use that roster spot to develop a decent QB prospect? Mind you, that hasn't done Davis much good.

Well here we are now, going downhill, what two wins in the last 5 games and everyone is in panic mode. Anyone on this site who believed the Bombers were a legit Grey Cup contender were not really looking at the team objectively. Yes we have lost some key players....so have many other teams. We are in rebuilding mode....for how many years now.....and so are other who have some magical touch to turn around a team in say 2 years or 1/2 a season or better yet like the expansion Redblacks  who have been to 2 grey cups in the 3 years they have existed. So now the rose coloured glasses come off. Hopefully being objective all year doesn't bring out the comments about jumping off the bandwagon because that isn't necessary or true. I have been merely trying to point out from day one that this team is not as good as most here believed. The coaching isn't the best but I will say it appears they have a great locker room to hats off for that accomplishment. With that said there are bad decisions being made regarding personnel, schemes on both sides of the ball....and yes I know we have a high power offense when on can control the clock yet relies heavily on their kicker to gain points when they can't get in the end zone. The special teams I will say have done well most of the year and have in my opinion been the most consistent of the three phases. Other than that the writing was on the wall a long time ago and it is only becoming apparent now. 

I truly hope I am wrong and I'm sure many of you will certainly state I am but again the proof will be in the pudding. I hope we win and unless Calgary comes back tonight or rests their players next week we will not host a playoff game this year and will be out the first game we play....that is my prediction even though I hope I am wrong

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Can we talk about complete abandonment of the running game before the opening kickoff?  I know we were struggling, but if we were at least running the ball on 1st, we could've given the D a bit more of a breather...

No to defend LaPolice's decision, BC used Hamilton's palybook to key on Harris and we had no answer for that because our receivers were MIA.

2 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Well here we are now, going downhill, what two wins in the last 5 games and everyone is in panic mode. Anyone on this site who believed the Bombers were a legit Grey Cup contender were not really looking at the team objectively. Yes we have lost some key players....so have many other teams. We are in rebuilding mode....for how many years now.....and so are other who have some magical touch to turn around a team in say 2 years or 1/2 a season or better yet like the expansion Redblacks  who have been to 2 grey cups in the 3 years they have existed. So now the rose coloured glasses come off. Hopefully being objective all year doesn't bring out the comments about jumping off the bandwagon because that isn't necessary or true. I have been merely trying to point out from day one that this team is not as good as most here believed. The coaching isn't the best but I will say it appears they have a great locker room to hats off for that accomplishment. With that said there are bad decisions being made regarding personnel, schemes on both sides of the ball....and yes I know we have a high power offense when on can control the clock yet relies heavily on their kicker to gain points when they can't get in the end zone. The special teams I will say have done well most of the year and have in my opinion been the most consistent of the three phases. Other than that the writing was on the wall a long time ago and it is only becoming apparent now. 

I truly hope I am wrong and I'm sure many of you will certainly state I am but again the proof will be in the pudding. I hope we win and unless Calgary comes back tonight or rests their players next week we will not host a playoff game this year and will be out the first game we play....that is my prediction even though I hope I am wrong

And you will be pilloried for disloyalty and heresy for your speaking thusly.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

I won't criticize O'Shea about coaching,  I'm can't.

But This is where I can disagree with O'Shea and his old school " tough guy" attitude.

Im not sure what "looks like football"  means but that hit on Harris was brutal, and if that's ok in Canadian football, I think I will be losing interest.

They better fix this crap soon, the late hits and dirty play. Or they'll really have more than one problem on their hands. Be like their big brother, the NFL, and take this concusssion thing seriously. These guys need to update their attitudes in line with current medical research.

Harris is not "fine" 

Dirty_QBHit.gifDirty_QBHit2.gifHelmet_To_Helmet.gif

I pin these later struggles and loses to Walters. I like what he did during the off-season ... but standing pat while the competitions are bringing in depths later in the season, is poor management.  We have been spoiled by the great players we have like Nichols, Harris, Westerman, Leggett -  Walters did not bring in players earlier and let them accustom to the system in case injuries happen. Last time I check all teams have the same cap.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah.. But its tough to win for any team when u lose your qb.. Starting rb... Best d player best receiver and best OL. Tough. Stayed healthy all year.. Catching up now. These arent depth guys.. These are our all stars. 

Offense has been awful for at least 3 games though.  They had the QB, OL and running back for the previous 2 and yet they played poorly.  The team has been trending towards awful on the O-side for a month now.  The lack of quality depth is killing them.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Stumbling into the playoffs is almost as bad as not making it at all. Last year, the Bombers went into the playoff on a roll and nearly beat BC. This year, no matter  why, the team is on the skids. If they play this poorly during a home playoff game, manure might be imported from Regina  the next day to be presented to Walters.

Manure.gif

1 hour ago, Captain Blue said:

I'm still surprised they pulled Davis. I know the offense was struggling but once the Fever went in I knew the ship would just sink faster.

caddy-shack-boat-o.gif

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah.. But its tough to win for any team when u lose your qb.. Starting rb... Best d player best receiver and best OL. Tough. Stayed healthy all year.. Catching up now. These arent depth guys.. These are our all stars. 

You have to add in the timing of these injuries as well. We can't just bring in CFL cuts with experience to help. It's almost like we are cursed a little bit when we look like we have a Cup contending team.

Yeah, we seem to take 2steps forward then 3 steps back. Been that way since 1990. Everyone can see the problems on the Bombers  yet the HC & GM ignore them. I'm not including injuries in this although it just makes things worse.  The decision on setting the ratio then refusing to change when it wasn't working all season long is absolutely killing us defensively. We must be the only team who has phased out the MLB.  No other CFL team plays their MLB the way we do. 

10 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I pin these later struggles and loses to Walters. I like what he did during the off-season ... but standing pat while the competitions are bringing in depths later in the season, is poor management.  We have been spoiled by the great players we have like Nichols, Harris, Westerman, Leggett -  Walters did not bring in players earlier and let them accustom to the system in case injuries happen. Last time I check all teams have the same cap.

Somebody gets it.  When the sun was shining and the Bombers were healthy, look out.  In any professional league depth is what makes a strong team and most seasons injuries will hit at some point.

All western teams have had big time injuries so a strong management team needs to go beyond planb or c and into d or e some years 

For those of you so enamoured with Wally Buono, consider that for the last 2 games against us he has his team making more dirty plays against our players than we have faced against the entire league. O'Shea can say it "looks like football" all he wants but they are a dirty, douchebag team and I hope Wally and his players get what is due to them.

"You teach players to intimidate" -- Wally Buono

Helmet_To_Helmet.gifBrroks-3.gifHarris-hit.gif