Bye bye Dan suicide pass Lefevour...

bb1

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Please don't cut Lefevour. Just because some of you thought he might be more than a short-yardage QB, that doesn't mean he should be cut. He's done his job well all year. He gets yards+ and holds the ball.

Just, dear god, don't let him throw down field any more (across his body, running to his right, throwing into triple(?) coverage).

Desperate. Trying to make a play. Poor judgement. 

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

Please don't cut Lefevour. Just because some of you thought he might be more than a short-yardage QB, that doesn't mean he should be cut. He's done his job well all year. He gets yards+ and holds the ball.

Just, dear god, don't let him throw down field any more (across his body, running to his right, throwing into triple(?) coverage).

Seems to me the second and third string qb’s salary are significantly less than the first stringer. In a sport that is pay for performance, it shouldn’t surprise they can’t perform like number 1. 

Fans seem to need to blame someone. I’ll blame Davis, Lafevour, (the needed to step up) and the db giving up on the TD pass (at least run to the ball like anything could happen). In the post game show, Doug Brown ripped the Defence as maybe the guys that were all stars aren’t as good as we thought, or the schemes aren’t made for these guys, or both. 

12 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Seems to me the second and third string qb’s salary are significantly less than the first stringer. In a sport that is pay for performance, it shouldn’t surprise they can’t perform like number 1. 

Fans seem to need to blame someone. I’ll blame Davis, Lefevour, (the needed to step up) and the db giving up on the TD pass (at least run to the ball like anything could happen). In the post game show, Doug Brown ripped the defence as maybe the guys that were all stars aren’t as good as we thought, or the schemes aren’t made for these guys, or both. 

Somebody has to be responsible for the two consecutive pathetic outings in a row and have their feet held to the fire. O'Shea and Hall seemed fine with the defence giving up 400 yards every damned game and so long as there were timely turnovers and 30+ points by the offence, all was well. Predictably, that wasn't going to last. I have no hard proof, but I  continue to believe that our defensive personnel is a lot better than they have looked (apart from the linebacking), and that has to be laid at the feet of Hall. Time to set up the scaffold.

We've seen both LeFevour and Davis do much better than this. I, along with everyone else was very surprised that these two didn't take off and run the ball more themselves.  Both of these guys have wheels and can gain some yards and extend plays with their feet. I think it would have opened things up a bit and spread the defence out more. I don't think the play calling was set up for them to succeed.  

If we have to roll with Davis and LeFevour, hopefully Lapo will put in some plays that allows them to succeed.

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'd be on board with this... at the right price...

I'd take a hard pass on Durant. He has looked like hot garbage all year. I think his best before date was 2015 tbh.  

I'd take Glenn back over Durant,  but I'd prefer neither. I'd like to think our #2 as the future not an aging players on the brink of retirement cuz once they are gone we're back to the drawing board. Depending the QB scenery shake up this offseason but maybe we can get Jennings if BC decides to make a play for Collaros

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

Davis has a rocket arm... We've see it! That's what was so maddening about his performance on Saturday.... We've SEEN that the guy can play well! I dunno what the hell was going on out there... 

Yeah drove me nuts, the guy can fire it but he was trying to baby everything in and was resulting in passes not even getting to the receiver cause that's too easy for the dbs. Suspect it's the fear of screwing up and losing the game, but you gotta play to win. 

There were lots of times, while watching Davis, that he had nowhere to throw it.

On one occasion, Coates and Denmark were standing still as Davis ran towards them. Davis was trying to make a play, keeping it alive by moving his feet, while 2 and 89 just stood there, covered. It was maddening.

Edited by JCon

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

There were lots of times, while watching Davis, that he had nowhere to throw it.

On one occasion, Coates and Denmark were standings still as Davis ran towards them. Davis was trying to make a play, get it alive by moving his feet, while 2 and 89 just stood there, covered. It was maddening.

That play legit drove me crazy. MOVE YOUR ******* FEET DENMARK!!!! I spent a good portion of the game just watching Denmark, he ran some extremely lazy routes when he knew he wasn't getting the ball. Though a few times he was WIDE open, and just didn't get a look.  Had a bad drop as well. But the play you're talking about drove me nuts. Your QB rolls out, you move your ass up or down the field. You never ever just stand there. I was losing it.

Obviously both QB's had rough days. The fever more so than Davis. He just tried to do too much and made some moronic throws out there. Davis wasn't given anything to work with. He's got great skills outside the pocket so why not let him use it? I think next year both will be in a battle for the 2nd string, but only one stays and that's likely Davis...but who knows. Both will need to prove something in TC.

I'm not remotely concerned with next year, right now.  I've got a bad feeling (things I've heard) that Nichols injury is not just a simple strain and he won't be ready for the playoffs.  I'd like to see us roll with Davis; LeFevour was an absolute train wreck.  Time for LaPo to design a game plan tailored to Davis' skill set.

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I'm not remotely concerned with next year, right now.  I've got a bad feeling (things I've heard) that Nichols injury is not just a simple strain and he won't be ready for the playoffs.  I'd like to see us roll with Davis; LeFevour was an absolute train wreck.  Time for LaPo to design a game plan tailored to Davis' skill set.

That Nichols was benched for the whole game when the game was still undecided means that it wasn't a simple strain or cramp. I wonder if he will be available for the next game or whether he will be held out in caution. If that is so, we better take nausea suppressants prior to the game.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:46 PM, tracker said:

O'Shea and Walters are good guys but the Bomber record is the Bomber record. I really hope the needed changes and recruitments are made soonest possible to give the fans hope for next year instead of empty cliches.

and what, pray tell, do you take umbrage with about their record?  the high win totals or the lesser loss ones??

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Davis has a rocket arm... We've see it! That's what was so maddening about his performance on Saturday.... We've SEEN that the guy can play well! I dunno what the hell was going on out there... 

I think going in cold plus the cold itself... and after he took that hit scrambling all compiled to shell shock him..  he did have 2-3 crisp plays before he got hit and then it seemed like he became scared again..

I think with dom its his nerves.  If he gets a chance to settle and relax, we may have something but if hes playing nervous or scared...

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

and what, pray tell, do you take umbrage with about their record?  the high win totals or the lesser loss ones??

The downward spiral and the routs the team has suffered. The obvious problems with the porous defence and defensive playcalling.  The inability of the team to find quality replacements or adapt the game plans to compensate for the opposition's game plans.

17 hours ago, tracker said:

With the time he has spent on the roster, Davis should have looked better than he did. He looked tentative and intimidated.

how care a guy who has played barely any reps for us.. look scared and nervous in front of a rowdy crowd thats already pissed off at how our offense is doing..

you expected him to step in and be the second coming of Moon or maybe Printers?  Dom's a back up for a reason.. he needs time to get comfortable before hes going to look poised and polished... If he can look poised and polished... some guys just cant function with the bright lights on.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

The downward spiral and the routs the team has suffered. The obvious problems with the porous defence and defensive playcalling.  The inability of the team to find quality replacements or adapt the game plans to compensate for the opposition's game plans.

routs?  jesus.  stop embellishing lol. we've lost by what, a field goal one game and 10 points the  other?   all of the above mentioned doesn't reference the record.. at all.. tho so again, how do you believe their record negatively reflects upon the management, because we didn't go undefeated?

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

how care a guy who has played barely any reps for us.. look scared and nervous in front of a rowdy crowd thats already pissed off at how our offense is doing..

you expected him to step in and be the second coming of Moon or maybe Printers?  Dom's a back up for a reason.. he needs time to get comfortable before hes going to look poised and polished... If he can look poised and polished... some guys just cant function with the bright lights on.

If a couple of years on the practice roster isn't enough to allow an aspiring quarterback to step onto the field and look competitive, how many does it take? Three? Five? No one expected him to look like another Nichols but he ought to look better than he did, otherwise why is he here? Just because we can't find anyone better?

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

routs?  jesus.  stop embellishing lol. we've lost by what, a field goal one game and 10 points the  other?   all of the above mentioned doesn't reference the record.. at all.. tho so again, how do you believe their record negatively reflects upon the management, because we didn't go undefeated?

If you cannot accept at least the last game as an embarrassing rout, I do not know how to respond to that.

7 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Davis honestly looked better in the last game of the season he played two years ago against the RB's.  He seems to have potential but little confidence.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne