Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Hall is just as bad if not worse, in fact he is so bad I put him at a worse level than Jeff Reinebold.

Etcheverry definitely had to go, make no mistake, but at least he had some imagination even if it was a bit too unconventional to produce a stingy unit.  Hall has none of that and has put out the softest D I have ever seen in CFL history.  Hall needs to get drop kicked out of here and sent to that unemployment line to beg for food stamps.

This is almost as clueless as the Greg Carr suggestion.

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Hall is just as bad if not worse, in fact he is so bad I put him at a worse level than Jeff Reinebold.

Etcheverry definitely had to go, make no mistake, but at least he had some imagination even if it was a bit too unconventional to produce a stingy unit.  Hall has none of that and has put out the softest D I have ever seen in CFL history.  Hall needs to get drop kicked out of here and sent to that unemployment line to beg for food stamps.

I don't advocate for Hall and his defenses... but your level of rhetoric has gone beyond ridiculous... 

I'm fairly sure a team that has posted consecutive 11 wins seasons doesn't employ the worst Defense in CFL history...

Edited by bearpants

7 hours ago, Mark F said:

I wonder if some of the coaches are having a bit of trouble explaining things to some of the players. Maybe some of the players don't catch on as well as we would like

instinct, intelligence, studying, stuff like that, might be a bit lacking in some of the players. Some guys seem to know where to be, but can't do what's needed when they get there. Poorly coached in college, no tackling skills. who knows.

probably there isn't one answer, a few things combine to give the team such a poor defence. Over a period of years. Needs to be fixed.... won't be this season. too late.

If they can't produce even middle of the pack defence next season..... well that wouldn't be very good. 

If these are the very players the coach(es) chose to be our starters, well ...

6 hours ago, bearpants said:

I don't advocate for Hall and his defenses... but your level of rhetoric has gone beyond ridiculous... 

I'm fairly sure a team that has posted consecutive 11 wins seasons doesn't employ the worst Defense in CFL history...

Sure it can, I seen Anthony Calvillo cover up for some pretty bad defenses in his time with lights out offense.

8 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Sure it can, I seen Anthony Calvillo cover up for some pretty bad defenses in his time with lights out offense.

In Montreal?  They never had a pretty bad defence.  The worst the Als had in the Calvillo years was a mediocre defence and they usually had good to great defences.

The biggest disappointment for me this year hasn't been the coaching. it's been the lack of effort from the GM and scouting department.  Last year we made an effort, bringing in TJ Heath and Kevin Glenn for the stretch run.  Around the league you see it this year, Edmonton brings in Derel Walker and Aaron Grymes, Saskatchewan never stops bringing in players.  But we chose to stand pat and that was definitely a little disappointing for me.

I don't think Hall is as bad as Etch but the bombers are pretty close to the bottom in all defensive categories (7th-8th roughly) other than interceptions (1st @ 22).  I can only imagine how good we'd be if our D didn't play so much bend but don't break football.  I wanna see a shut down and don't bend style personally. 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The biggest problem with the D this year is they've had too many breaks in the big explosion plays, which I have a real hard time pinning on the coaches. That is most likely just players making errors. 

There's a military adage: "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times requires action"

It's not really a bend don't break defence is it?

It may be that that's what it's set up and supposed to be, but if so, things have not worked out that way.

lots of long runs, and long passes allowed this season.

Didn't they say at one point that they were going to simplify the defence? What does that imply? And did they actually do that?

any opinions on Randall this season? I think he may have dropped off a bit.

so many questions.:lol:

@AtomicThe Bombers have brought a number of players in last while; they  haven't signed any of them. two or three quarterbacks, defensive end, no linebacker that I remember.

I do not know what that means.

it's all a puzzlement.

Edited by Mark F

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

@Atomic The Bombers have brought a number of players in last while; they  haven't signed any of them. two or three quarterbacks, defensive end, no linebacker that I remember.

I do not know what that means.

it's all a puzzlement.

Yes of course they have brought in players to fill the PR, that is the absolute bare minimum though... every team does that.  There is a big difference between bringing in prospects with no CFL experience and signing guys like Derel Walker, or making trades for established CFL players.

Do you know I think the biggest issue from a coaching standpoint with the D this year is roster management more than anything else. 2 rookies in the secondary all year, over loading the linebacker position on the roster, making puzzling decisions with the defensive line usage. Is it any wonder they give up big plays as regularly as they do? 

also, there are constantly players going in and out on defence. specially linebackers. That might be leading to some confusion and screw ups.

but I thought the D was pretty good when Poop and Nevis were in at the same time.

yes, probably the same Randall. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

also, there are constantly players going in and out on defence. specially linebackers. That might be leading to some confusion and screw ups.

but I thought the D was pretty good when Poop and Nevis were in at the same time.

yes, probably the same Randall. 

I believe that is called substituting in order to get fresh bodies on the field.  Thing is it's Richie Hall's job to eliminate these screwups on those situations, and if he's not doing that, then that's all the more reason to fire him.  If he can't fix that kind of stuff three years into his term here, he never will.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The biggest problem with the D this year is they've had too many breaks in the big explosion plays, which I have a real hard time pinning on the coaches. That is most likely just players making errors. 

I don't know the stats but we lead the league in most yards allowed from the line of scrimmage which tells me it's probably more than big explosion plays. In terms of whether it's a player or coach issue, I think both share in that accountability.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:23 AM, Noeller said:

Beyond useless??? We were a kick away vs Toronto and a starting QBs calf muscle away vs BC this week, losing by like 9pts. Jesus Christ. We're not getting pumped in all 3 phases and losing 55-0....

Letting up over 500 yards two games in a row, against Toronto the offense put up a total of 243 yards. Against BC we had 303 yards. So you're right, the special teams was good against BC but the rest of the team - USELESS.

Make all the excuses you like but this team is not good enough and even with Nichols playing i don't think we win that game.

Edited by Gotmilt

8 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Letting up over 500 yards two games in a row, against Toronto the offense put up a total of 243 yards. Against BC we had 303 yards. So you're right, the special teams was good against BC but the rest of the team - USELESS.

Make all the excuses you like but this team is not good enough and even with Nichols playing i don't think we win that game.

who is making excuses? We had chances to win both those games and we have won 11 games back to back seasons now, maybe 12 this year if we somehow manage a win in Calgary. That tells me they're doing something right.