Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's the thing ...

While it doesn't always sound like it, many people even critical ones are pleased with the overall direction of the team.  I believe as long as Nichol, Harris, Adams and Dressler are healthy we got a shot to beat anyone.  I don't believe anyone believes winning 11 games is a fluke, in fact i know it's not.  BUT ...

It doesn't mean that we don't have plenty of room for improvement cuz we do particularly on defense.  Yes, you can build an offense that's good enough to cover defense's deficiency, I seen it happen many times.  But rarely does said offense win it all because defense wins championships.

As extreme as it sounds, posters are perfectly reasonable to call for a complete abolishment of the bend and don't break defense.  It's a completely useless kind of defense.  This team can get better and can do so by firing Richie Hall and hiring a DC who's going to scheme with a better MLB and going 100℅ with tight man coverage.  Therefore building an uber stingy defense.  There is nothing wrong with fans demanding a stingy give up no yards defense.

49 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

To what end? I am not pretending to be something I am not, but your little crusade here shows that you are fundamentally no different, just in denial about it. 

If hoping we all  try to be respectful when conversing with others is a crusade so be it. 

If you feel for you to try do that would be pretending and that's not you,  than yes I am fundamentally different than you.

In my line of work personality preferences is no excuse for bad behaviour. It's my bias. 

15 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Not exactly.  Full credit must be given that we got there yes, but since we're playing at home now, expectations must be raised to win that game and win big.

Win big? Uh, no. A win is a win, especially in the playoffs.

The defense played well last night and because of that, the Bombers will host a post-season at IGF for the first time ever. The team doesn't need to "win big" next week. Just gotta win.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Win big? Uh, no. A win is a win, especially in the playoffs.

The defense played well last night and because of that, the Bombers will host a post-season at IGF for the first time ever. The team doesn't need to "win big" next week. Just gotta win.

In my excitement I'm maybe intertwining winning big with getting a big win as all playoff wins are big wins.  But still, expectations on Richie Hall and his crew will be raised since we are hosting.

9 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I would expect that if we win at home next Sunday all the coaches are offered their jobs back...but if we lose that game Walters makes the strong recommendation to O Shea that we find another D Coordinator. Just my opinion

He could still potentially have his job saved if the offense makes a complete no-show that caused the loss, and btw I wouldn't give him a pass for that but just speculating the Bomber brass would.  But I think barring a complete show of stingyness against our WSF, Calgary and then in the Grey Cup, Hall should be fired even if we do end the drought.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:58 AM, 17to85 said:

The point is that the defense has played the same way for the past 2 years. I never ever said you brought up the previous games, I did that to show that despite giving up yards for 2 years the team is still in a position to win much much more often than not so they are clearly not all bad. Try and keep up. 

So they should keep their job based on some early season  success? 

Yeah i'll wait until the playoffs to make my decision whether they're good enough, thanks.

One thing stands out for me this season....and it may have been present for a few seasons now BUT we don't have enough depth at the most important position on the club....To find out this late, that we have no confidence in the no 2 ,our coaches picked as the go to guy after Nichols ,is really telling..We have no Franklin...hell we don't even have a Bridge or Glenn to fall back on...IF Dan LeFevour has to go on Sun. and carry this team in the semi final ,then I know we have fallen short...Someone in our coaching ranks and or management is going to have to wear that if our season ends Sunday...I hope Matt can start and that we don't have to lay the ending of the season on Dan...that would not be kosher and someone higher up should be answerable...Expect the worst and hope for the best I guess.

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

One thing stands out for me this season....and it may have been present for a few seasons now BUT we don't have enough depth at the most important position on the club....To find out this late, that we have no confidence in the no 2 ,our coaches picked as the go to guy after Nichols ,is really telling..We have no Franklin...hell we don't even have a Bridge or Glenn to fall back on...IF Dan LeFevour has to go on Sun. and carry this team in the semi final ,then I know we have fallen short...Someone in our coaching ranks and or management is going to have to wear that if our season ends Sunday...I hope Matt can start and that we don't have to lay the ending of the season on Dan...that would not be kosher and someone higher up should be answerable...Expect the worst and hope for the best I guess.

Franklin threw the ball 19 times this year and 24 last year.  So, basically two full seasons without getting any playing experience. I wouldn't be too confident in him.

Glenn and Bridge are mediocre QBs. I'll take Nichols and whoever over them.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't remember if I commented on this thread before & don't want to search to find out. I'll just say the regime should NOT be on the hot seat with a home playoff game. 

I do remember that I didn't comment on this thread before, because the premise was idiotic and I was bound to say something rude.

Also, the bullet on the left side of each thread turns into a star if you've commented in it.  I think they stole that from Mario Brothers.

17 hours ago, JCon said:

Franklin threw the ball 19 times this year and 24 last year.  So, basically two full seasons without getting any playing experience. I wouldn't be too confident in him.

Glenn and Bridge are mediocre QBs. I'll take Nichols and whoever over them.

So you wouldn't take a Franklin as backup compared to what we have currently on this club ....I think most of the CFL  would disagree but ..whatever....We had Glenn and ditched him....seems to be doing fine as a starter in Sask. ..never mind back-up...AND Bridge has proved he can fill the starters role fairly well.....what we have after witnessing their performances the last two games....not so great...I just hope we don't have to go to the bullpen against the schmoes on Sunday....unless it's a short yardage play by LeFevour.....otherwise.....It's a long offseason.