How can the Blue NOT host the semi?

BigBlue

Assuming Edmonton beats Regina and we lose to Calgary we are on the road again finishing 11 & 7 behind Edmonton's 12 & 6 but ahead of the Roughies 10 & 8.

If Regina wins we are in a 3 way tie all at 11 & 7. We beat both Edmonton  & Sask twice, so we host and the Riders who beat the Esks 54 -31 earlier lost 27-10 (64-58 total points for the Green Machine) will come visiting, I think. That will probably give the Green and Gold a pass to the Grey Cup if they can unseat two sub .500 clubs.

So we better beat Calgary next Friday. I just hope we don't have to do it with wooden crutches and plaster casts for weapons. Calgary seems mainly intact, injury wise, so we better hope MOS's Bombers' 3 secret weapons (loyalty, attitude and big heart) will be enough to overcome Calgary's overconfident laurels.

After Friday, one of the two teams is going into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak.

Am I thinking clearly here?

It's going to be interesting if the Bombers lose to Calgary.    Calgary at home coming off of two losses can't be a pleasant experience.

I think the Riders will beat Edmonton but I don't believe Jonestown will show too much and may be resting a few guys.

6 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Either Winnipeg or Edmonton Hosts it

Winnipeg Win or Edmoonton Loss - Winnipeg

Winnipeg loss and Edmonton Win - Edmonton

I have to go with a Winnipeg loss and an Edmonton Win for two reasons

Reason No 1 - doubt the Stamps will want to enter the playoffs with 3 losses

Reason No 2 - Jones may want to rest a few of his folks for the trip east bound.

So if your correct the Bombers One and Done game will be played in Edmonton.

29 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I have to go with a Winnipeg loss and an Edmonton Win for two reasons

Reason No 1 - doubt the Stamps will want to enter the playoffs with 3 losses

Reason No 2 - Jones may want to rest a few of his folks for the trip east bound.

So if your correct the Bombers One and Done game will be played in Edmonton.

Jonestown is not going to want to lose to the Schmoes.

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Unless CAL pulls a Cal Murphy they won't play BLM the second half.

I agree - most of the talks shows here in Calgary are saying the same thing. Does not really matter though - they could sit BLM and the entire starting line up on Friday and not big deal - they still will have more than enough to handle the Richie Hall Defense. Heck they could get the Calgary University Dino's to send their second string and still win.

It occurs to me that if the Bombers drop another stinker like the past two games, it would be better for them to play the WSF playoff somewhere else. One more game like the last two played in front of a hopeful home crowd, and the Bombers will not be able to give tickets away. Unless they have access to a neuralizer, that is.

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

I agree - most of the talks shows here in Calgary are saying the same thing. Does not really matter though - they could sit BLM and the entire starting line up on Friday and not big deal - they still will have more than enough to handle the Richie Hall Defense. Heck they could get the Calgary University Dino's to send their second string and still win.

Dickenson has already come out and said he's not going to rest BLM.  He's concerned BLM is in some kind of rut and he wants him to work himself out of it before the playoffs.   He probably wont play the entire game but he will play. 

8 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Dickenson has already come out and said he's not going to rest BLM.  He's concerned BLM is in some kind of rut and he wants him to work himself out of it before the playoffs.   He probably wont play the entire game but he will play. 

The best cure for a QB (rec. RB. TE. OL. OC.) Rut is a Richie Hall defense.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Unless CAL pulls a Cal Murphy they won't play BLM the second half.

Are you kidding? They've lost two in a row. They lost at home. They lost up in Edmonton. They'll play & start BLM until such time as Dickenson says so. The Stamps want to go out a winner in front of the home crowd. They're pissed. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

with snow and cold forecast I doubt there will be much of a home crowd. 

If they get 20k in there Friday night, I'll be shocked....Calgary is one of the most fair-weather sports towns going, and the forecast is for **** on Friday night. I'm wearing full ice-fishing gear!

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

He's out...it's official. Won't dress this week.

Not a big surprise. Fans who choose to watch better be heavily medicated and/or be put in restraints. Small children should be moved to a safe distance out of earshot to avoid being traumatized.

19 minutes ago, tracker said:

Not a big surprise. Fans who choose to watch better be heavily medicated and/or be put in restraints. Small children should be moved to a safe distance out of earshot to avoid being traumatized.

I cannot see the post thru all the overwhelming optimism here.

Calgary will probably be resting their starters as well.  Dom knows this is probably make or break.   I also expect to see a run heavy game if the weather is as shite as some are saying...

but ya, your right.. lets just mail it in.  give calgary the 2 points.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Listening to all the talk around town. I don’t even know why the Bombers are bothering making the trip. Give the stamps the W call it a week rest up for the playoffs.

That would work for me! Save money or airfare! Calgary weather is for snow starting actually tonight and lasting all through the week and into the weekend. I live in Calgary - have season tickets (super red) and am going to see Jersey Boys instead!

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

with snow and cold forecast I doubt there will be much of a home crowd. 

The weather sucks. Southern AB always seems to get crap weather like this late October or early November. I HATE early winters. The World Series is still being played for cryin' out loud.  I don't think more than 15,000 will be in the stands.