Should The Bombers Give WR Greg Carr A Call To Return To Winnipeg?

USABomberfan

Should The Bombers Give WR Greg Carr A Call To Return To Winnipeg?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Try To Lure Greg Carr Back?

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for suggesting it, but we need a WR right now who can be a deep threat.  Greg Carr should be brought back here, he was a playmaker here and has height advantage on most corners.

He's been playing in the AFL so he's in plenty of game shape and while he is 32, Terrance Edwards was still tearing it up at that age.  He also is familiar with Lapolice's offense and wouldn't have much of a learning curve.  We need some supplements to Adams and Dressler and a deep threat, and Greg Carr provides that.  I say make a move to get him back here.

isn't there some sort of restriction to playing a player in the playoffs if he's brought in too late? Do we still have time to bring anyone in or is week 20 too late?  I know we can't make trades at this point but I wouldn't be opposed to airlifting someone in that can take a crash course on the playbooks,  maybe get some plays in vs calgary then go from there... like say Eric Rogers

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I would laugh my ass off if I saw this thread on another team's forum. Now I just feel sad...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking up a veteran free-agent to help out when injuries strike.  However, Greg Carr?  There are way better guys available.

24 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

His point is easy to understand: there are better options than Greg Carr. To seriously suggest him as an option is laughable.

But... but.. he's a known name and he was good for a couple of weeks several years ago.  We might as well track down and sign Michael Bishop  while we're at it.