Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread

Noeller

12 minutes ago, ddanger said:

A friend of mine works at the arena, and Harris was there on Sunday night watching the Jets Philly game. If he can watch a hockey game his head is fine.  Watching the puck and the players will tell you right away about the status of your head and whether you have a concussion or not.  But like Westwood said on the Big Show this morning, I too will say a little prayer for #33 if he takes the field in Calgary. Get him to his 1000 and get him out.

Thats good. Im not sure I'd use watching hockey as the definitive test.  Logic tells me a guy that classy eyed and dazed is not well enough to play football a week later.  But by the time it really effects him, he'll be long gone from the Bombers so i guess it doesnt really matter...yet.

46 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think starting Lefevour is a smart move- the last thing we want to do is throw Davis to the wolves. That Calgary D is relentless and could easily break a new QB.

According to a 1290 football guy, forget which one, maybe Walby, Calgary D has been giving up a lot of yards to the run last few games. 

Bauming almost certain that The Fever gets the start....

This is a fail. 

While other teams have tested, or are now testing their #2s, we are floating the prospect that Davis can’t get it done. Must make Davis feel pretty good. This can only mean that Davis will not be back next year. What other reason could there be?

We know what LeFeve can do, and still we will trot him out there...

I’d really rather see P Nelson if they’re not going to get serious about the QB futures...

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think starting Lefevour is a smart move- the last thing we want to do is throw Davis to the wolves. That Calgary D is relentless and could easily break a new QB.

Hey, Marve won the last game of the season two years against the Stamps in the snow game and the forecast is looking ugly once again.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

We were at that game, and it was, *ahem*, Marvelous. Weather should be about the same (except much colder -- that day was an afternooner with temps around 0, but this Friday will be at night and closer to -15) so here's hoping they find a way, just like that day!

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

According to a 1290 football guy, forget which one, maybe Walby, Calgary D has been giving up a lot of yards to the run last few games. 

That was the Walrus. I heard the interview and he was pretty blunt about the Bomber performances in the past five games- specifically about the vulnerability of the team to the Big Gain, and their tendency to give up gobs of real estate and hope for turnovers.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

if they start the fever, maybe they're going try some sort of running qb offence. with the fever running a lot. not throwing much. 

or something.

Really both guys would be a lot better off with a heavy mix of veer/spread option type stuff. Limit decisions to few and easy ones, move them away from the rush, get the ball into the hands of some one to make a play as quick and easy as possible or make it them self. 

It has to be Davis who starts, even if he's on a short leash, otherwise you basically just wasted the past 3 seasons with the guy. You make him the #2 qb after investing time in him and not actually give him a start when the starter is down? That's just dumb. Not like Lefevour went in and showed to be any better last week. They both sucked but at least David avoided throwing INTs. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The fact that O'Shea has announced Nichols is not starting this early in the week makes me very suspicious, he never announces anything, ever.

No kidding eh? Every one is game time decision till the last minute. Look at the huff about last weeks game roster. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It has to be Davis who starts, even if he's on a short leash, otherwise you basically just wasted the past 3 seasons with the guy. You make him the #2 qb after investing time in him and not actually give him a start when the starter is down? That's just dumb. Not like Lefevour went in and showed to be any better last week. They both sucked but at least David avoided throwing INTs. 

They listed him no 2 despite glenn coming in for him last season too. Both guys have some strong similarities. The big differences being fever is a more polished runner, and has more league experience. While davis has a heavy lack of experience, and a much better arm. 

I expect they will play to win, and if it gets ugly itll turn into an over glorified pre season game. Tbh if they arent willing to start him in this game Idk why they would bring him back after it. Never been a big fan of the guy, but you know what you have in fever might as well be sure what davis is and know if you have to cut your losses in the off season. Fever is a guy who can be given a limited play book, a few special plays and run the short yardage passes. 

If O Shea actually starts the Fevour over Dom I will be dumbfounded. If O Shea has been one thing he has been consistently stubbornly loyal to his guys.

Example 1- last year  he continued to play Willy even though every fan and player knew it wasnt working. He played Willy until his job was on the line.

Example 2 - he has played Sam Hurl when everyone knows the guy is basically a non-moving object. Loyalty to a FAULT. 

This year he has always stated that Dom was his 2nd string...and now against all reason it looks like he will start LeFevour. 

The only stupid reason I can see behind this madness is that O Shea wants to lose as badly as he can to Calgary so we can lull our playoff opposition to sleep!!

Edited by blueingreenland