Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I agree that LeFevour didn't look good. However, he has at least shown something at some point. The stat line for Davis from the last game is a bit deceptive too. It doesn't look too bad because there is no official "Stood there, looked confused, and got sacked" category. I think starting LeFevour is the right call. 

Agree, I think it may be that LeFevour was more decisive in his decision making process. Davis seemed to struggle with decision and hold the ball too long.

Mind you , LeFevour's decisions were bad, and many throws were not accurate enough,  but he was quick to pull the trigger 

If he can hold back on some of those bad decisions and take off and run, he may do better.

Neither QB looked good last week. That said, I don't understand how you can have a guy (Davis) listed as the #2 QB for the whole season, and when the time comes that the starter is out, you go with QB #3. Makes no sense to me, and must be a slap in the face to Davis. If O'Shea doesn't trust he can win a game, why wasn't he third-string all season long?

31 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Agree, I think it may be that LeFevour was more decisive in his decision making process. Davis seemed to struggle with decision and hold the ball too long.

Mind you , LeFevour's decisions were bad, and many throws were not accurate enough,  but he was quick to pull the trigger 

If he can hold back on some of those bad decisions and take off and run, he may do better.

I think LeFevour is mentally tougher than Davis and should give the Bombers a better chance of winning against a depleted Stamps team, if LaPo allows him to play his game. 

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think LeFevour is mentally tougher than Davis and should give the Bombers a better chance of winning against a depleted Stamps team, if LaPo allows him to play his game. 

Play his game as in primarily give the ball to Harris, Flanders, Dressler  with a sprinkle of QB sneeks. Manage the game, let others win it.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Lefevour's got more CFL experience. Davis has more upside down the road. If MOS is valuing experience over upside, then I have to wonder if we've lost Nichols for the playoffs, otherwise it would make more sense to get Davis some much needed reps.

I think it's 50/50 whether Nichols will recover in time for the playoffs.  If O'Shea likes Davis's potential, he'll bring him back next year, no matter what happens the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

ya or maybe Davis has looked like **** all week and Lefevor looked better and thus giving us a better chance at winning?  Couldn't be that hey?  Or Lapo giving Fevor his nod of approval, as we do know O'shea defers to his co-ordinators..

couldn't be that we don't see what they see.. we are much more able to evaluate QB talent and skills from our couches and seats at the game.

This is the argument I hate the most. As if the coaching staff has never made a mistake analyzing talent. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

This is the argument I hate the most. As if the coaching staff has never made a mistake analyzing talent. 

yea well I hate the argument that people actually believe a fan's opinion is more valid and accurate then a coach and his coordinators who have been doing this job and playing this game their entire lives..

I'd defer to a pro over a couch potato any day of the week, wouldn't you?  I mean, besides the fact they sit, talk, watch and review what these guys do, day in and day out.. versus us who watch, what. 1 game and maybe a practice, if that?

the fact I even have to argue this baffles me, honestly.

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

yea well I hate the argument that people actually believe a fan's opinion is more valid and accurate then a coach and his coordinators who have been doing this job and playing this game their entire lives..

I'd defer to a pro over a couch potato any day of the week, wouldn't you?  I mean, besides the fact they sit, talk, watch and review what these guys do, day in and day out.. versus us who watch, what. 1 game and maybe a practice, if that?

I think his only point here is sometimes coaches do get it wrong and not arguing that 'couch potatoes' get it right. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

MOS’ loyalties are confusing to me. Davis may not be great or even good but we really can’t know yet. Lefevour is what he is. And what he is is terrible. 

Why is it always about loyalty?  Why would MOS have more loyalty to LeFevour in his first year here than Davis in his third?  That makes no sense.  This is about who they think will play better and obviously the answer they came up with is LeFevour.  I can see why most would disagree but have no idea where this misplaced notion of MOS doing it out of loyalty comes from.

31 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I’m not saying a fan’s opinion is necessarily the right one but to say that the coaches are pros are we should accept every decision they make without question is ludicrous. 

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Why is it always about loyalty?  Why would MOS have more loyalty to LeFevour in his first year here than Davis in his third?  That makes no sense.  This is about who they think will play better and obviously the answer they came up with is LeFevour.  I can see why most would disagree but have no idea where this misplaced notion of MOS doing it out of loyalty comes from.

Perhaps loyalty is the wrong word but the main issue I have is how some players get an immense amount of rope with O’Shea and some get almost none. If we had an unequivocally better option than Davis, I would understand it but can anyone argue that Lefevour’s performance has been even remotely better? Our best chance with Lefevour is if Lapo calls a game plan of 100% QB sneaks. 

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Seeing as how clock-and-dagger this regime has been with injuries... is it possible Davis was hurt in the B.C. game, prompting his untimely yank? Would also explain why they'd give him the week off...

And go in with no back-up?

36 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Seeing as how clock-and-dagger this regime has been with injuries... is it possible Davis was hurt in the B.C. game, prompting his untimely yank? Would also explain why they'd give him the week off...

Interesting thought... I was thinking something similar in response to an earlier post about why Davis was pulled when he was just starting to get into a groove.  He may not be too hurt to play if absolutely necessary and why he could still be dressed as the backup, but there might be something that they don't want to aggravate by having him start.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think his only point here is sometimes coaches do get it wrong and not arguing that 'couch potatoes' get it right. 

Sure but his stance sure seemed a lot more like, "coaches don't know what they are doing if LeFevor is starting!" to which I replied. "i trust his judgement over a fans.." leading to this spirited debate.  please do keep up.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

Interesting thought... I was thinking something similar in response to an earlier post about why Davis was pulled when he was just starting to get into a groove.  He may not be too hurt to play if absolutely necessary and why he could still be dressed as the backup, but there might be something that they don't want to aggravate by having him start.

that one hit that he took doing the sneak (and then he seemed to kind of turtle/go gun-shy) could have been something along this vein.  I never even thought of that.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

I’m not saying a fan’s opinion is necessarily the right one but to say that the coaches are pros are we should accept every decision they make without question is ludicrous. 

did I ever say that? No. I said I trust their judgement beyond a fan or a forum or facebook posts.