Game day thread: Winnipeg at snowy Calgary

BigBlue

my comments from being right up by the bench

- damn it was cold, but we were far more prepared than the stamps for the weather. our boys didn't even act like it was affecting them much (except for one or two fumbles)

- buckley looks like crap. If we can win next week, and the DL acts like beasts against BLM, the game is ours

- our DL was top notch tonight

- Ball Hawks.  Nuff said. 

- minimal penalties

- decent play calling considering the weather

- bomber fans showed up

- couple rider fans even taped "Bomber Fans 4 The Day" on their rider jerseys. LOL!

40 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Were you the guy with the "#54 okpo for mvp" sign?... also wearing a bombere hockey jersey...

Ya I was wondering, too..... Jazzsax did you have the Bombers flag on a stick? I was front row at the end with my fiancee and our friends kid.... 

Hypothermia must have set in at the stumps bench....they sure looked like they didn't want to be there....Us on the other hand seemed to relish in it...especially big Okpalaugo  and Jeffcoat.........great game by those two.... Shout out to Nevis as well...best he's played all year...And what can you say about Andrew....he ground out a ground game in that slippery stuff and watched his counterpart on the stamps slip ..slip...slide away and was totally ineffective...Harris deserved that record..especially in those conditions....Have to turn our attention to the Sask./Edm. game now ,to see who wants to face us or go chicken and head east....Like very much how we played that one....now can we string together 3 more....Man that would be nice and a long time coming

I’m damned happy we won that game last night but will temper my enthusiasm somewhat knowing we faced two back up QBs who have limited reps and experience .. our offence struggled mightily as well.

That said, we won, finished with our best record in years and the team / organization takes yet another step forward. Regardless as to what happens next week, this has been the most enjoyable season at IGF to date.

#GoBlue #FortHew

49 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I’m damned happy we won that game last night but will temper my enthusiasm somewhat knowing we faced two back up QBs who have limited reps and experience .. our offence struggled mightily as well.

That said, we won, finished with our best record in years and the team / organization takes yet another step forward. Regardless as to what happens next week, this has been the most enjoyable season at IGF to date.

#GoBlue #FortHew

They played their backup QBs but so did we!

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

Were you the guy with the "#54 okpo for mvp" sign?... also wearing a bombere hockey jersey...

He was awesome! The Bomber players kept pointing that guy out to the TSN camera man.