Congratulations Blue Bombers

Arnold_Palmer

Home playoff game baby..... it's been way too long!!!

Despite all their perceived flaws, this IS the best Bomber team we've seen for 15 years.  I won't pretend to know what's going to happen in the playoffs but let's enjoy the ride!

Thank you Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, and Mike O'Shea for taking that disgusting 2013 squad and turning it into the foundation for a perennial winner that we have today.

Going to the game with friends. First Bomber game at the new stadium (went to a Rifles game before). Haven't watched a live game since I moved away after "their final season" at the old stadium. Taking a bunch of friends who have never been to a Bomber game period, so hope they put on a good show and convert some of them.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Home playoff game baby..... it's been way too long!!!

Despite all their perceived flaws, this IS the best Bomber team we've seen for 15 years.  I won't pretend to know what's going to happen in the playoffs but let's enjoy the ride!

Thank you Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, and Mike O'Shea for taking that disgusting 2013 squad and turning it into the foundation for a perennial winner that we have today.

But shouldn't this regime be on the hot seat?

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Next weekend isa long weekend for many of us (Monday off)

$3million windfall or the team for getting a home playoff game. That’s a big deal. 

Contrary to popular misconceptions, when Remembrance Day falls on a weekend (Saturday this year) it is not observed on the following Monday (unlike say, Canada Day) as it is not  a statutory holiday. Most people will not get the Monday off. Sorry to be a debbie downer but most people are probably going to figure this out in the upcoming week anyways.

That said, I plan on coming into work on the Monday without a voice from being so loud at the game on Sunday.

26 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Contrary to popular misconceptions, when Remembrance Day falls on a weekend (Saturday this year) it is not observed on the following Monday (unlike say, Canada Day) as it is not  a statutory holiday. Most people will not get the Monday off. Sorry to be a debbie downer but most people are probably going to figure this out in the upcoming week anyways.

That said, I plan on coming into work on the Monday without a voice from being so loud at the game on Sunday.

Well I get it off. And that’s what matters most. :)

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Next weekend isa long weekend for many of us (Monday off)

$3million windfall or the team for getting a home playoff game. That’s a big deal. 

I believe the last time the Bombers hosted a playoff game the break-even was around 25,000.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the Bombers need to pay league fees, stadium costs, visiting team's costs etc., etc..

A sell-out would mean a tidy profit, but no where near 3 million.

Edited by ladybug
additional comment

23 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I'll be there!!  Do we know a time yet?  I assume it's on Sunday.

Edit - Looks like it's going to be at 3:30.

The CFL website says 3:30 CDT, but we won't be on daylight time anymore, so it may change... that being said, I know most people don't know the difference between CDT and CST so it's likely a mistake on the website and the game will start at 3:30... check back tomorrow and it should be right.

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Too bad for you guys. It's a stat here in Alberta.

11 hours ago, ladybug said:

I believe the last time the Bombers hosted a playoff game the break-even was around 25,000.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the Bombers need to pay league fees, stadium costs, visiting team's costs etc., etc..

A sell-out would mean a tidy profit, but no where near 3 million.

you aren't factoring the cut the Bombers get from the Rum Hut...