Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?

USABomberfan

Well, it's now been settled, and we officially get to host the WSF at home.  Thankfully us getting the Friday game gives us one extra day to rest and then prepare for one of the CFL's two villains.  So who do we want?

Me personally .... I'm probably going to go with the Ridirts.  It's not just about knocking off your rival, it's about getting the good matchup here.  I just really believe the Ridirts are a bad team with a good record.  They got there purely on luck.  Edmonton on the other hand ... Well they won 7 in a row, got injured and lost 6, but as they've started getting healthy, confidence is certainly getting back up.

My hope ... SSK wins but that both teams beat each other up bad enough that they both go limping into the playoffs.

If we want a sold out game - Riders. The green tards will climb out of the woodwork.

If we want our best chance of winning - my gut says Riders as well (I think Reilly in the playoffs will be a bit more dangerous).

If we want a kick ass grey cup match up --- Eskimos.  My gut tells me riders go through the east in a cross over and we go all the way. 

Fingers crossed. As I said to the boys at the end --- "See you back here in 2 weeks"

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Funny, we dominated the Esks pretty well in both games, and yet I think most would prefer the Riders as the easier match-up right now. And a whole lot more fun as a home game. Let's break the decibel record again - no moose delays to water down the kickoff reading this time!

We beat SSK at home by a much greater margin of victory.  I'm with Jazzsax, we gotta get IGF so sold out that Jones has to shout to his players so much he loses his voice.  Those faker signs also get into the Ridirts heads and we need that.

Like I said, the Eskis wins have stemmed from their talent.  The Ridirts have had almost 0 wins without getting lucky.  I'd say they're a 5-13 team that has 10 wins off of luck.

Just from a revenue perspective I would rather see the Riders here. It will be a sell out! Not so probably with Edmonton. From a win perspective I would rather face whatever the Riders bring to the table than face Reilly. As someone mentioned you can control him all game long and then he beats you at the end with a long throw.

I think entertainment wise I would rather see the Riders in town and all the build up etc.

1 hour ago, Judd said:

Sask 100%. Reilly has a knack of putting teams on his back. Sask is playing good right now, they don't don't have a game breaker on their roster like Reilly.

Maybe duron? Meh. Put Chris randle on him

Agree 100% Much rather take our chances with the Riders. Reilly just scares me at times. I think we match up better against the Riders.

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Any reason why? 

It is extremely hard to pass the colder it gets.  They don’t have much in the backfield and Reilly is much less willing to run than he was a few years ago.

I don’t see Edmonton coming up with a great game plan for the weather, not snow but freezing cold.  Sask in recent weeks is showing what they are going to do with Bridge and Richardson.  They will run option/zone read and will be ready for freezing temperatures.  It’ll be a defensive battle.  I like our chances a lot more vs Edmonton.

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Playing the Riders is a big Risk/Reward thing to me. Beating them is the greatest feeling ever, but should we lose.... We never hear the end of it. And I don't wanna have to deal with that...... 

Especially going into the off season... that would make it a long and insufferable offseason.