Edmonton Eski-dolts @ Regina Ridirts: Who Do We Want?

USABomberfan

For me, this is a win-win scenario. If the Esks beat the Riders, great, especially if it is a lop-sided win. Should the Riders win, it ought to make the WSF a complete blast for fans, and the Bombers will have the opportunity to end the Rider season in Winnipeg. That would be very satisfying.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Both teams present unique challenges and neither one is an easy win.  I want the Riders just because who doesn't want to see the Bombers vs destroy the Riders in the playoffs?

:D

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think Edmonton is the easier match up for us, but I think the Riders are hot now and are the realistic opponent. I think the Bombers can beat either team, especially if our D shows up as they did last night.

I put disagree cuz the Ridirts receivers are inferior to Edmonton's

Edmonton scares me a lot more... i think if we play them in the grey cup we lose. We play the riders in the cup we win.

I think we will have a bettter chance against Edmonton if we play them at home. I thinl we will have to play them at home anyway because i think they win tonight

16 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I put disagree cuz the Ridirts receivers are inferior to Edmonton's

Sure, but the 'Riders have a tonne of former Bombers that would love to stick it to us on our home turf. Muamba, Marshall, Jovon Johnson .... Kevin Glenn. Also if the snow and cold weather sticks around, the passing game will likely be less important for both sides. I guess gentleman's agreement to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, James said:

Edmonton scares me a lot more... i think if we play them in the grey cup we lose. We play the riders in the cup we win.

I think we will have a bettter chance against Edmonton if we play them at home. I thinl we will have to play them at home anyway because i think they win tonight

What makes you so sure they're going to run through Ottawa/Toronto to get there?  Ricky Ray hung 34 on his old team the last time they came to BMO, and I bet he'd do it again easy.  I can see Edmonton being one and done if they have to go to BMO cuz Toronto actually matches up good with them.

We should all hope it's the Ridirts for the sole purpose of selling out IGF, I don't know why any Bomber fan wouldn't want that.  I want round four of the CFL's baddest rivalry.

Edited by USABomberfan

Who is going to win that game between Riders and Esks today? I was expecting a smash mouth game - almost like a playoff contest - with both teams playing for their lives. But on second thought ... Will they both play hard?  To Win? The winner comes to Winnipeg and a cold weather game next weekend. The loser goes East and plays Redblacks or Argos. Which is the easier path the Grey Cup?

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Who is going to win that game between Riders and Esks today? I was expecting a smash mouth game - almost like a playoff contest - with both teams playing for their lives. But on second thought ... Will they both play hard?  To Win? The winner comes to Winnipeg and a cold weather game next weekend. The loser goes East and plays Redblacks or Argos. Which is the easier path the Grey Cup?

I think being the crossover team playing the East. If the West team goes in there with a "taking care of business attitude" they'll win.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think being the crossover team playing the East. If the West team goes in there with a "taking care of business attitude" they'll win.

So will Esks and/or Riders play to 'lose' today? Because they want to go East? Or do you want to go into the playoffs on a winning note, come hell or high water?

10 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

No West team has ever come through the East to do it before I don't believe.  And remember the Argos don't play in the dome anymore either, and neither do the Redblacks, so it's not like a trip out east is going to be in sunny beach weather.

I just don't get this whole notion that rolling through the East in playoff time is just easy money.  If it was, last year's Redblacks team woulda never touched the cup.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

No West team has ever come through the East to do it before I don't believe.  And remember the Argos don't play in the dome anymore either, and neither do the Redblacks, so it's not like a trip out east is going to be in sunny beach weather.

I just don't get this whole notion that rolling through the East is just easy money.  If it was, last year's Redblacks team woulda never touched the cup.

The whole idea is to get to the Big Game. That path is either through Winnipeg-Calgary or through Toronto-Ottawa. Which is easier?

All that money spent on Mosaic and they can't even provide good visitor locker rooms.

http://3downnation.com/2017/11/04/esks-offensive-lineman-says-visitor-locker-rooms-new-mosaic-crap/

With the Edmonton Eskimos set to play the Saskatchewan Roughriders tonight for the right not to lay waste to the East Division, Edmonton offensive lineman Justin Sorensen used Twitter to harp on the accommodations provided to Rider guests.

The Riders opened the new $278 million Mosaic Stadium this stadium which features a number of state-of-the-art amenities including a lavish player’ lounge, a barbershop and a 4,450-square-foot open-concept locker room. The team spent $19 million on their portion of the facility.

The opposition digs, however, are less opulent. Teams have complained about limited space for training and medical staff and the Toronto Argonauts were less than impressed when the air conditioning mysteriously stopped working in late July when temperatures were in the low 30s.

Predictably, reaction to Sorensen’s ranged from Rider fans chirping about home field advantage to others slamming the “classless” organization. And his former teammate Eddie Steele, now with the Riders, couldn’t help himself…

I have certainly never heard any complaints about the visitor locker rooms in new stadiums/renovated stadiums in Vancouver, Edmonton, Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa.  This is a big fail by the organization and Regina.  You would think the most boring city in Canada that is life and death to bring any out-of-town visitors to their village would try to create a good impression wherever possible especially with those poor unfortunate souls who are forced to travel there for a football game.

Just now, Doublezero said:

The whole idea is to get to the Big Game. That path is either through Winnipeg-Calgary or through Toronto-Ottawa. Which is easier?

Well considering both the Ridirts and Eskimos lost to all 4 of those teams, I don't think there is any "this path is easier" thing for them

Well actually take it back the Riders did beat the Argos 2x, but they lost to the Redblacks at home and woulda lost to them the first time too if Harris was playing, so I don't think I'd be bumping my chest hoping to go out there if I was them.

Just now, Doublezero said:

That depends on if the teams think that Calgary can get their mojo back. The Riders, Esks and Bombers have all beaten Calgary in the last 3 weeks, so they aren't the unbeatable team they were a month ago. No Nichols, Adams or Leggett and we might be easier to beat than either the Argos with Ray or the Redblacks with Harris.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

That depends on if the teams think that Calgary can get their mojo back. The Riders, Esks and Bombers have all beaten Calgary in the last 3 weeks, so they aren't the unbeatable team they were a month ago. No Nichols, Adams or Leggett and we might be easier to beat than either the Argos with Ray or the Redblacks with Harris.

True. So maybe Esks & Riders play their asses off - to win today. Hope so. Should be a good game if that is the case!

20 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nichols will be back for the WSF, that I'm banking on.