Lapolice Should Say No To Any Offers From Bob Glieberman Wettenhall In MTL

USABomberfan

Yeah not surprisingly Lapolice is going to be getting phone calls asking if he wants to become MTL's head coach.  It is a badge of honor and it's not unexpected the way he's done a fantastic job with our offense.  But I would turn down any HC job at the Als because

1. Bob Wettenhall has officially become the worst CFL owner worse than Bernie Glieberman. Oh yes he is that bad.  He hires tools like Kavis Reed and Joe Mack to run his front office and they have no clue how to do it.  Reed would be sitting at home getting fat on his couch if it wasn't for Wettenhall's ineptitude.

2. MTL never lets HCs pick and hire their own staff like the other good teams do.

3. The CFL is working on an expansion for adding one more team to the east and there will be a HC opening there.  Oh and the BC Lions job also will be open next year and their owner isn't a meddling know-nothing like Bob Glieberman Wettenhall.

40 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah not surprisingly Lapolice is going to be getting phone calls asking if he wants to become MTL's head coach.  It is a badge of honor and it's not unexpected the way he's done a fantastic job with our offense.  But I would turn down any HC job at the Als because

1. Bob Wettenhall has officially become the worst CFL owner worse than Bernie Glieberman. Oh yes he is that bad.  He hires tools like Kavis Reed and Joe Mack to run his front office and they have no clue how to do it.  Reed would be sitting at home getting fat on his couch if it wasn't for Wettenhall's ineptitude.

2. MTL never lets HCs pick and hire their own staff like the other good teams do.

3. The CFL is working on an expansion for adding one more team to the east and there will be a HC opening there.  Oh and the BC Lions job also will be open next year and their owner isn't a meddling know-nothing like Bob Glieberman Wettenhall.

I'm convinced Wally is going to follow through on his retirement plans this year, he made public comments a few times recently that the players in that locker room are not focused on the task at hand nor buying into the team concept.  Time to throw up his hands and walk away into the sunset and leave the rebuilding to somebody else.

8 hours ago, Nolby said:

Let's hope he doesn't leave but let's just pretend he does. Who might be on the Bombers wish list to fill in his role?

My speculation is that Buck Pierce is an OCIT.  But if he's not ready yet ... Who knows ... Chapdelaine maybe?  I know he's no HC guy but seems like he's run some pretty good offenses as a play designer tho.

But anyway ... I hear Bellefeuille is also on the Glieberhalls list for HC.  Hope they got a real plan to get QBs in the body bag cuz they're gonna need to with his offense.

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I'd love Milanovich, I under stand he had AC as his qb but he did some impressive stuff in Montreal.

He also won a Grey Cup with Ricky Ray and Jim Barker in Toronto.  He is a good OC.   But he's working in the NFL as the QB coach for the Jaguars where Blake Bortles is arguably having the best season of his career.  I don't think he would be in any rush to come back to the CFL.

22 hours ago, do or die said:

Why on earth would Lapo go for the hat trick......by ending up under the big top, there?   Very unreliable upper management for a start......

Especially if he could skip HC and take over to austin in hamilton, coach for buono in bc, or end up the week end night shift supervisor at a macdonalds. Seriously, HC in montreal next year is the worst job ever. Like being mike tysons punching bag, or an offensive line mens chair. 

Id say out side chance at upper management in ham, minor chance ott goes in another direction, small chance DD gets sick of BLM being such a POS and leaves, BC, and allways a chance the blood vessel in jason maas' head explodes and he has to be replaced. Or his mom finally sees what a lil $#@& he has been and grounds him from football for a few years. Could be that a team like ham hires him as OC and asst to the HC. Coaching under june jones would be a gigantic opportunity. 

Also a chance he goes the danny barrett route. Nice secure, well paying NCAA job. 

13 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

My speculation is that Buck Pierce is an OCIT.  But if he's not ready yet ... Who knows ... Chapdelaine maybe?  I know he's no HC guy but seems like he's run some pretty good offenses as a play designer tho.

But anyway ... I hear Bellefeuille is also on the Glieberhalls list for HC.  Hope they got a real plan to get QBs in the body bag cuz they're gonna need to with his offense.

In your opinion when will Pierce be ready?  

I see no reason why Pierce isn't ready to make the next step  to OC.    He's ready and I believe an excellent choice.     

8 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

If house was cleaned in BC which is likely... why hasn't anyone mentioned Khari coming here should LaPo go?  All we're doing is floating hypotheticals...

I don't get the khari love. His offensive game plans suck.. it's all chuck and duck. BC had arguably the best set of receivers in the league to start the year but he couldn't design anything to work

22 minutes ago, Judd said:

I don't get the khari love. His offensive game plans suck.. it's all chuck and duck. BC had arguably the best set of receivers in the league to start the year but he couldn't design anything to work

Yeah as an OC he hasnt been up to par. 

43 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I see no reason why Pierce isn't ready to make the next step  to OC.    He's ready and I believe an excellent choice.     

A guy who has never been an OC is gonna need min 4 games or so just to get kinda into it. Its easier for a QB who called his own plays, which I dont recall pierce ever doing. 

1 hour ago, Judd said:

And before Lulay got hurt, their offence was tearing it up.... . Not saying he's the right fit here, but it's a name to add to the debate!

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Well, I guess I just wouldn't know all the nuances behind becoming an OC.  I just heard that it took Millanovich several years of prep before he started calling plays.  Maybe Buck Pierce is ready.  I wouldn't know.  If he is, then hell yeah I'd say let's roll with it.

Tough to imagine Lapo would want to work under Kavis Reed and Joe Mack... I mean, he's been there before with Mack as a GM and Kavis as his DC...

that being said, HC jobs are rare... only 9 currently exist... so I would not be surprised at all if he took an interview to consider his options...