Lapolice Should Say No To Any Offers From Bob Glieberman Wettenhall In MTL

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

Fleek,bae, cash me outside howbowdah..

Lost cause my friend, game over.  Game over man!

(and this is from a person who strongly believes the English language is an art form and should be treasured and used as eloquently as possible, every time.. at the risk of sounding like a pompous wind-bag)

I  do whole-heartedly support this endeavor.  Gotta save what's left of it.

Not to try and send this thread in a completely non football related direction. But which English language? It's changed plenty over the years and will continue to do so.  I don't mean to pick on you, but I just don't understand the "things need to stay exactly the same" mentality. **** changes, get over it. Again not trying to be a ****....I just don't get the logic. 

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Yes, and so far I've not seen one rule in either place that says No Bashing Bob Or Andrew Wettenhall, or Richie Hall for that matter lol.

Also, just so you know, television, radio and newspapers are not the only media anymore.  Social media, bloggers, YouTube and little private news sites online are still considered media, aka the new media and not the old.  So ... take that as you will.

Which you are none of on this site. I think that's what the point was. Even if you're actually in a media position for your job. On this site you are a poster. So talking about your freedom of press etc in the context of this forum makes no damn sense.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Not to try and send this thread in a completely non football related direction. But which English language? It's changed plenty over the years and will continue to do so.  I don't mean to pick on you, but I just don't understand the "things need to stay exactly the same" mentality. **** changes, get over it. Again not trying to be a ****....I just don't get the logic. 

To me, its the fact that there is sooooooooo many wonderful and phonetically beautiful words, phrases and insults that can be used but people would rather invent some of the dumbest sounding words ever.

Just now, SPuDS said:

To me, its the fact that there is sooooooooo many wonderful and phonetically beautiful words, phrases and insults that can be used but people would rather invent some of the dumbest sounding words ever.

fair enough, I mean I'm not exactly a fan of "bae" or "tots" etc etc I just don't see the need to try and save something that is always changing.

Just now, SPuDS said:

even knowing he has built the offense, coached up the players and is the OC of the highest scoring team in the league huh..

seems legit.

The players are scoring in spite of his awful play calling and schemes. I don't see how that's such a hard concept to understand. Disagree, sure, go ahead. But to pretend like I just posted the calculations for cold fusion is dishonest.

1 minute ago, White Out said:

The players are scoring in spite of his awful play calling and schemes. I don't see how that's such a hard concept to understand. Disagree, sure, go ahead. But to pretend like I just posted the calculations for cold fusion is dishonest.

I see what you mean, but I have a hard time believing the team is the highest scoring team in spite of the OC. That makes very little sense, if any at all. Maybe an argument could be made if they have the fewest amount of points...but that's not the case. You don't lead the league in anything (in a positive manner anyway) without good coaching.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I see what you mean, but I have a hard time believing the team is the highest scoring team in spite of the OC. That makes very little sense, if any at all. Maybe an argument could be made if they have the fewest amount of points...but that's not the case. You don't lead the league in anything (in a positive manner anyway) without good coaching.

The way this team turned around with Nichols and the O line last July says it all to me. Before that we were one of the worst O's in the league.

Keep in mind were first in points  scored. Im willing to bet were middle pack for yards and yards per play. Will check that later.

Just now, White Out said:

The way this team turned around with Nichols and the O line last July says it all to me. Before that we were one of the worst O's in the league.

Keep in mind were first in points  scored. Im willing to bet were middle pack for yards and yards per play. Will check that later.

So when the right players where put in place, the schemes started working. It's almost like you need good players AND good coaches to be successful. 

Despite all the poor work Walters did to bring in players and terrible drafting...

Despite O'Shea's insistence on disrespecting the league with his attire...

Despite Lapolice efforts to hold back all the skilled players on this team...

Despite Hall's scheming the bend AND break defence...

Despite Nichols inability to stretch the field...

Despite Hurl's inability to tackle...

Despite our receiving corps being only slightly more skilled than high school football team...

Despite our defensive line being unable to get to the  QB or stop the run...

Despite Medlock shanking every punt and missing every second field goal...

Despite all of this ineptitude...

The other CFL teams allowed the Bombers to have 12 wins this season. Incredible generosity.

9 minutes ago, White Out said:

agree to disagree.  Its beyond my scope of comprehension that a team would have this much success on offense with an inept OC.  He's also in the running again for a HC spot.. that doesn't scream crappy coach to me either.

9 minutes ago, White Out said:

You posted the dishonest calculations for cold fusion?  I thought you just made a ludicrous statement in an obviously trolling effort.  But maybe this is about advanced physics.

56 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

To me, its it's the fact that there is are sooooooooo many wonderful and phonetically beautiful words, phrases and insults that can be used but people would rather invent some of the dumbest sounding words ever.

Sigh.

54 minutes ago, White Out said:

Any success our offence has had this year is because of Nichols and our O line. Certainly not Paul ******* Lapolice

While Drew Willy, Dominique Davis and LeFevour haven't put up great numbers, I disagree with the notion that Lapolice hasn't put them in position to succeed.  Besides, I very much remember people writing Nichols off before he took the reins so ... I'd say that pretty much says it all about the right offensive coordinator being essential to a QB succeeding.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Which you are none of on this site. I think that's what the point was. Even if you're actually in a media position for your job. On this site you are a poster. So talking about your freedom of press etc in the context of this forum makes no damn sense.

Well it also made no sense for anyone to have to mention that Wettenhall is the owner and can do what he wants .. I mean .. DUHHHH.  Figured the only reason someone would mention that is if they felt it meant "How dare anybody criticize a private owner for making dumb moves?"

22 hours ago, Mark F said:

Toronto was going to be dumpster fire.... had somebody or other running it during the draft.

Got Popp/Trestman, and less than a year later have a very good team.

June Jones effort.

There's no reason why Montreal can't be a good team very quickly.

This happens in the CFL.

who knows, a year or two from now, Paul LaPolice could end up as headcoach in Sask. If things don't turn around for Mr. Jones.

The difference is those teams handed over control to great football minds. MTL has committed to the exact opposite of that.