Eskis @ Bombers: Playoffs Are Here / Raise Expectations

USABomberfan

Discipline.

Discipline will win the game for the Bombers.

Discipline in their assignments, especially on defence.

Our discipline will lead to Edmonton’s lack of discipline. They are the most penalized team in the league. We are the least. 

Penalties lead to extra yardage needed, and extra yardage needed leads to a little more gambling. And gambling leads to mistakes...

I want to see Maas throwing things too. Headsets, pens, small players. Anything.

That settles their team down a lot...?

Keep that team unbalanced and we should be alright..

Bombers transactions.

ROSTER                                      10-Nov-17
WPG ADD  INT Ryan LANKFORD (WR)    Illinois
WPG DEL  NAT Frank RENAUD  (LB)    Windsor

NON-ACTIVE                               10-Nov-17
WPG ADD  NAT Frank RENAUD  (LB)    Windsor
WPG REM SGD  INT Ryan LANKFORD (WR)    Illinois

I hope it's not related to Flanders injury this morning.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Discipline.

Discipline will win the game for the Bombers.

Discipline in their assignments, especially on defence.

Our discipline will lead to Edmonton’s lack of discipline. They are the most penalized team in the league. We are the least. 

Penalties lead to extra yardage needed, and extra yardage needed leads to a little more gambling. And gambling leads to mistakes...

I want to see Maas throwing things too. Headsets, pens, small players. Anything.

That settles their team down a lot...?

Keep that team unbalanced and we should be alright..

Added to this, I hope they come in over confident. They will attempt to mentally prepare for that to ensure that doesn't happen but here's hoping they do. And I really hope Brandon Zylstra hates windy cold conditions. Shut him down, game on.

The colder and windier it is, the better (i.e., Harris) it is for us imo (except for Nichols of course, cold will not bode well with that calf and hand injury).

A nice 15-5 win be suffice. Then we go shut down that horse in Stumpeder land.

If I am Maas and Co., my game plan is simple: take away Harris and Dressler and you have the Bombers by the gonads. The Bombers have to blitz Reilly damned near every play with differing people- if Reilly has any time at all back there, he will vivisect the Bomber defence. Reilly is one of the two or three best passers  in the league and his receivers are probably the best overall group in the league. If Nichols plays and is significantly less that his best, it could get ugly. For the Bombers to win as damaged as they are, every player will have to be at his best, and that includes the new receivers.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

If I am Maas and Co., my game plan is simple: take away Harris and Dressler and you have the Bombers by the gonads. The Bombers have to blitz Reilly damned near every play with differing people- if Reilly has any time at all back there, he will vivisect the Bomber defence. Reilly is one of the two or three best passers  in the league and his receivers are probably the best overall group in the league. If Nichols plays and is significantly less that his best, it could get ugly. For the Bombers to win as damaged as they are, every player will have to be at his best, and that includes the new receivers.

I had to look that up. Well done.

5 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

I have a feeling if Lankford starts, he's gonna rip off an early deep ball for a TD!   Our offence so badly needs a play like that to boost the confidence and get the crowd into it right away!

Maybe a fake Dressler sweep, into a long bomb!

If he doesn't quit on it first

On 2017-11-10 at 10:48 AM, Mandalorian said:

Thanks!!

To be completely honest, I'm actually a Rider fan..but have lived in Brandon for a while now and the Bombers have become my second team.  There's just no way I'm missing a playoff game, that's sure to be a very good game.

Now I just need to go find some bomber gear so I don't look like a crazy person at the game! lol

This is a very strange post.  However if you are coming to support the bombers I am glad to have you on board!

I am from Brandon and moved to Winnipeg a few years ago.

welcome 

On 2017-11-10 at 10:48 AM, Mandalorian said:

Now I just need to go find some bomber gear so I don't look like a crazy person at the game! lol

Just please don't wear green.... no one wants to see that today.  I have a green winter jacket (hell no, not Rider green) and I hadn't to go buy something new yesterday because it was too close to Eskie green.  Couldn't do it!

Edited by trueBlue83

On 2017-11-11 at 10:25 AM, tracker said:

I’d rather keep Reilly in the pocket and give him different looks downfield.  Why waste guys who can’t tackle him anyway and let him make plays scrambling?

18 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’d rather keep Reilly in the pocket and give him different looks downfield.  Why waste guys who can’t tackle him anyway and let him make plays scrambling?

yeah I agree, I think if you make him be a pocket passer he'll get impatient and force something he shouldn't. Guy is always the most dangerous when he's scrambling.