Home Field: A real advantage Sunday?

BigBlue

I've been hearing everywhere this week that momentum means nothing when it comes to the CFL playoffs. Some argue that it's going to be all about toughness, character and "who wants it most". Players being disciplined is crucial. But is it really all about the players?

Isn't it true that we fans are the real difference makers?

Is there an actual home field advantage in the CFL playoffs?

Can't we just cheer our way to victory? 

On 11/9/2017 at 12:42 AM, BigBlue said:

I've been hearing everywhere this week that momentum means nothing when it comes to the CFL playoffs. Some argue that it's going to be all about toughness, character and "who wants it most". Players being disciplined is crucial. But is it really all about the players?

Isn't it true that we fans are the real difference makers? - I have never seen a fan score a touchdown or kick a field goal that counted.

Is there an actual home field advantage in the CFL playoffs? - Yes - it's been tested scientifically.

Can't we just cheer our way to victory? - Probably not, but we'll damn well try.

On 09/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, do or die said:

I plan to get the Bombers a playoff win, through the sheer force of my will.

OK, Plan A, anyways.....

You got back just in time. Thank goodness!

If momentum doesnt exist game to game, calgary would have like 8 GCs in the last 10 years. 

Home field isnt allways an advantage. The first year or two of our stadium for example. The noise certainly is an advantage. Weve seen flat starts from the bombers. Weve also seen when we get stuck in lulls. A home crowd can affect that too. 

NOT having the play off buy week is huge, then home field is big as well. 

21 hours ago, tracker said:

I hope that the traction is not too bad, as I think we have an advantage in the running game.

Bad traction is good for the short passing game tho. Thatd be like 3 deep cover guys for free. Harris isnt a sprinter either.  He strikes me more as a mudder. He runs hard, pushed the pile and fights for yardage. 

slippery means a defender falling down could cost a TD ..... will also affect jump  balls as Reilly throws them up  for grabs .... throwing on the run won'r be quite as accurate either .... luck will be a bigger factor then usual .....  overcoming bad luck requires real character