Game 17 : Coyotes

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

They definitely looked hung over in that Vegas game.  Kind of lethargic, like they looked in that one game in Nashville last year where it was reported that Buff was seen out to all hours in Nashville honky-tonks.

Doubt it. The game was at 7pm not 9am. I think the crappy ice in Vegas plays a bigger role. 

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I hope you are right.

Bouncing pucks... Vegas is 4 and 0 vs Central at home.... Its got less to do with partying and way more to do with garbage ice. Not saying they werent hungover but if u watch the game again.. The puck literally bounces all over the place.. Jets had some chances tho and the puck either bounced on them or the Vegas goalie made some saves. 

Edited by Goalie

One of the local media guys (cant remember who) helpfully slandered the Jets' players by openly suggesting they were out and up to no good because of how they played in Vegas.  I guess a media guy who was there corrected him because he sort of apologized and reported that the Jets players were allegedly on their best behavior all week.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

One of the local media guys (cant remember who) helpfully slandered the Jets' players by openly suggesting they were out and up to no good because of how they played in Vegas.  I guess a media guy who was there corrected him because he sort of apologized and reported that the Jets players were allegedly on their best behavior all week.

I just think the whole partying thing is overblown... I just think the bounces didnt go their way. Lots of bounces. 

34 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

They definitely looked hung over in that Vegas game.  Kind of lethargic, like they looked in that one game in Nashville last year where it was reported that Buff was seen out to all hours in Nashville honky-tonks.

ha! that sounds like something Kane would have done

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It was just Arizona people. Put the parade plans away.

Who's planning the parade?  Just because no one is getting on board with your lame "Maurice loss-record watch" and bogus comments about Morrissey never playing a good game yet this season?  Go cry on Twitter, you'll find plenty of like-minded people there.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's looking good! Second best goal differential in the Central Division (third in the Western Conference), as well as second in goals scored and in goals against.

I can't remember the last time the Jets had a goal differential of +9 and the difference is mostly in net play.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I can't remember the last time the Jets had a goal differential of +9 and the difference is mostly in net play.

Hellebuyck is playing great this season. It's also nice to see the boys in front help out their netminder. The defensive zone play is much improved, not to mention having a healthy blue line.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hellebuyck is playing great this season. It's also nice to see the boys in front help out their netminder. The defensive zone play is much improved, not to mention having a healthy blue line.

Have to agree, bringing in Kulikov and a mostly healthy Myers has help the defense, Trouba and Toby haven't had a great season so far, Morrissey is improving and well Buff's Buff, also like what I saw from Poolman 

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Have to agree, bringing in Kulikov and a mostly healthy Myers has help the defense, Trouba and Toby haven't had a great season so far, Morrissey is improving and well Buff's Buff, also like what I saw from Poolman 

Yeah, people are really over-estimating the role of the goaltender. Yes, Helle has been great this year, but he was also WAY better than most thought last year. The real difference is that the team, as a whole, is playing much tighter all around. They're not giving up the crazy high-quality scoring chances like they did last year. Simply put, they hung tenders out to dry a LOT last year, and this year, everyone's taking some defensive responsibility. 

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, people are really over-estimating the role of the goaltender. Yes, Helle has been great this year, but he was also WAY better than most thought last year. The real difference is that the team, as a whole, is playing much tighter all around. They're not giving up the crazy high-quality scoring chances like they did last year. Simply put, they hung tenders out to dry a LOT last year, and this year, everyone's taking some defensive responsibility. 

exactly.  as much as there was some soft goals let in last season, it was our defensive play overall that caused many of the goals last year.. we left our goalies to fend for themselves far too often.

I'm not so sure our defensive zone play has improved all that much.  It seems better because we're not allowing many goals, but I really think it's mostly because of improved goaltending.  And our PK is way too passive.  Having Kulikov and Myers certainly helps.  I just feel like we still have too many lapses in our own end.  Hopefully that's trending in the right direction.

We are 17th in shots allowed and last in shots for, FWIW.  We have a couple games in hand on a few teams.

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Disagree, but that's fine.......the only real point is that our goaltending was massively underrated last year. Things were not so dire as most would have you believe...

Oh don't get me wrong, I thought Helle was pretty good last year, especially considering the tough spot he was put in.  I just think he is playing excellent this year.

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

Who's planning the parade?  Just because no one is getting on board with your lame "Maurice loss-record watch" and bogus comments about Morrissey never playing a good game yet this season?  Go cry on Twitter, you'll find plenty of like-minded people there.

Sorry @FrostyWinnipeg that was uncalled for.  I hope it has not soured your experience here.

Helle has been way better this season and the defense is giving up way less quality scoring chances.   They are forcing teams to take pot shots from a distance which has increased the shots against but they are much easier to stop.    Way less big rebounds I noticed in the games I've watched this season also.