GDT West Semi Edition: Do It For Hewie The Moose

Noeller

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Epic defensive collapse in that 2nd half.....without the turnovers......just not good enough........some of our DBs...looked like trash today

I think that there is a very good case to make that its not the talent, its the coaching. We need to import a load of manure from Regina for Hall's driveway. Fortunately, there's a lot of manure there.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

I think that there is a very good case to make that its not the talent, its the coaching. We need to import a load of manure from Regina for Hall's driveway. Fortunately, there's a lot of manure there.

Missed tackles and blown coverage leaving guys wide open is on Hall? I mean yeah get rid of the guy... But.. If u cant do the basics aka tackling... I dont care who the DC is. 

Just now, Captain Blue said:

Our defense was embarrassing. Hall certainly deserves his share of criticism for this egg, though I am also assuming he didn't call the "leave receiver open down field" play today, so there were several player miscues that cost us.

Ill say this... I can forgive the blown coverages... I didnt like it but its football... Big plays happen... The tackling tho... Thats basic stuff. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

What really bothers me about this defense is they are always out of position in coverage and then they just look at each other, Loeffler may be a hitter but he doesn't know where he should be on the field most of the time.

Thats cuz hes more of a LB than safety. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

What really bothers me about this defense is they are always out of position in coverage and then they just look at each other, Loeffler may be a hitter but he doesn't know where he should be on the field most of the time.

Loffler - and the secondary as a whole - seemingly looked better last season when the team had a MLB capable of playing the position.

You're only as strong as your weakest link. The MLB position was hands down the weakest link on D in 2017.