The Consolidated Bitchfest Thread

Wanna-B-Fanboy

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Im not a fan of hall but to just blame him when hes not on the field missing tackles and blowing coverage is beyond ridiculous. 

But why do you talented players miss tackles and blow assignments in coverage? Surely, the know how to tackle and cover. So, what's the issue? A garbage system putting talented players in positions of weakness and not playing to their strengths.

We saw this in 2015, in 2016, and this past season. Despite personnel changes, the same issues have remained. How is that not the system in place?

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

But why do you talented players miss tackles and blow assignments in coverage? Surely, the know how to tackle and cover. So, what's the issue? A garbage system putting talented players in positions of weakness and not playing to their strengths.

We saw this in 2015, in 2016, and this past season. Despite personnel changes, the same issues have remained. How is that not the system in place?

Its a combination most likely. We need some D upgrades and we need to update our D schemes. Do they know how to tackle? Cuz Gable dragged about 7 or 8 of them in to the end zone with him. 

I reserve judgement on personnel because I don’t feel they were consistently being put in a position to succeed.

That said ...

For as much as I love Loffler and his physical style of play, he’s not a coverage safety and is a liability at times.  He’s probably best suited closer to the line of scrimmage in run support.

Sam ******* Hurl.  I’ve railed against that guy for years now and this season hasn’t changed my mind. I expect MORE from that position.

Alexander / Walker. Both guys are young and are only going to get better. Both played very well in stretches but both showed their inexperience at times.

This season turned the moment Mo (and to a lesser extent Westerman) went down. That guy is the heart and soul of that defense and without him .. they just had nobody that players could rally around.

Just now, USABomberfan said:

Well, the name is "consolidated bitchfest thread" so ... maybe it should stay open so no new threads pop up.

For sure but why u repeating the same stuff again. We get it. Lol. Guess what.. If u did a poll.. Keep or Fire Hall... Id be surprised if keep got 5 votes. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Its a combination most likely. We need some D upgrades and we need to update our D schemes. Do they know how to tackle? Cuz Gable dragged about 7 or 8 of them in to the end zone with him. 

If players are out of position based on the system/scheme, they'll be put into disadvantageous positions including, not limited to, blown coverage, missed assignments, and missed/whiffed tackling.

From a pass coverage standpoint, Hall's system has continued to fail. Even with changes to personnel.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

For sure but why u repeating the same stuff again. We get it. Lol. Guess what.. If u did a poll.. Keep or Fire Hall... Id be surprised if keep got 5 votes. 

Well, maybe some of us just feel the repeated phrase of "I'm not a fan of Richie Hall" is just too damn nice to him, and those who are serious about wanting him gone are going to call for him to be barbecued.  I only hope people have been calling into Bob Irving's show roasting him, and I hope the WFP also bbqs him on the front page of the sports section.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

If players are out of position based on the system/scheme, they'll be put into disadvantageous positions including, not limited to, blown coverage, missed assignments, and missed/whiffed tackling.

From a pass coverage standpoint, Hall's system has continued to fail. Even with changes to personnel.

Sure but... Gable dragged 7 of them in to the endzone... They were there... They couldnt tackle tho. 

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, maybe some of us just feel the repeated phrase of "I'm not a fan of Richie Hall" is just too damn nice to him, and those who are serious about wanting him gone are going to call for him to be barbecued.  I only hope people have been calling into Bob Irving's show roasting him, and I hope the WFP also bbqs him on the front page of the sports section.

Bro. I get it. You are beyond ridiculous tho. U wanna tar him at portage and main also? 

42 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

He's doing nothing in practice to fix this sht.  It happens on a regular.  He does nothing to teach communication among the players and nothing to help anybody understand assignment football.  He's also responsible for Hurl being here and jerked Walters's chain to bring him here.  Hall does nothing to fix these problems in practice, and they also happen in every single defense that's ever been classified as bend but don't break.

#FireRichieHall - #HireNoelThorpe

It ain't enough to be "not a fan of Richie Hall," I want the Winnipeg Free Press to barbecue him and Wicek to demand his firing.  No new threads needed on the topic by the way.

it would be nice if Ottawa would let Nick Nolte go.  He runs some pretty good defences.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He's still averaging one massive brain fart a year. Last year 61(62?) FG attempt in a dome, this year that punt.

Having said that we made the playoffs he comes back. It's the Cal Murphy/Doug Berry rule :)

MOS' turn around of the culture here is amazing- that alone deserves great consideration when re-upping his contract.

In the light of day my rage has subsided a bit. We have our QB and that's important. But I really do worry about next year and what this management will accomplish. The red flags were all over the place for the D since game 3 or 4, and it appears that no meaningful remedy was attempted. This regime appears to be stubborn as evidenced by their insistence to play Drew Willy until their very jobs were on the line. MOS also seems to make stupid decisions in game a lot, and may have cost us 2 playoff games with terrible decisions.

If Hall departs and significant upgrades are made on the D I'll be hopeful for the new year.

2 hours ago, White Out said:

In the light of day my rage has subsided a bit. We have our QB and that's important. But I really do worry about next year and what this management will accomplish. The red flags were all over the place for the D since game 3 or 4, and it appears that no meaningful remedy was attempted. This regime appears to be stubborn as evidenced by their insistence to play Drew Willy until their very jobs were on the line. MOS also seems to make stupid decisions in game a lot, and may have cost us 2 playoff games with terrible decisions.

If Hall departs and significant upgrades are made on the D I'll be hopeful for the new year.

Nichols is one of the top two or three QBs in the league and based on this year's play, I would take him over Bo-Levi and I shudder to think where we would be if not for him. In my view, O'Shea has not progressed as had been hoped.