Thank You to the Blue Bombers for a Great and Entertaining Season.

Wanna-B-Fanboy

I just wanted to shout out to the Big Blue a thank you for a very entertaining season.

It didn't end quite how the fans and the Organization wanted, but it was one hell of a season.

Even with the quick exit from the play offs and that maddening defense- we are going in the right direction and improving.

Thanks again for a great season and the never quit attitude!

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

It was the most enjoyable season, week in and week out, that I've experienced, as a fan, in many many years. Can't thank the organization enough for every ounce of effort they put in every week. The team is going to look a lot different next year, and that's what makes this moment so heartbreaking. 

Already looking forward to 2018 and GC Week in March...

To put it into perspective.. we went 12-6, we hosted a home playoff game and unfortunately we played the hottest team in the league heading into the playoffs. It's unfortunate to be one and done but it was a good season, and I think we're a few small steps away from being even better next season. overall it was a great season and I'm already excited for next year. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

To put it into perspective.. we went 12-6, we hosted a home playoff game and unfortunately we played the hottest team in the league heading into the playoffs. It's unfortunate to be one and done but it was a good season, and I think we're a few small steps away from being even better next season. overall it was a great season and I'm already excited for next year. 

while missing some of our most integral players to injury, and our single most important player had a broken finger and a damaged left calf that wouldn't allow him to run....

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

while missing some of our most integral players to injury, and our single most important player had a broken finger and a damaged left calf that wouldn't allow him to run....

Nichols was nothing short of great, even if he was totally healthy. He had patchwork receivers and I would bet that neither Harris nor Flanders were 100% either. Hall and his defence let Nichols and the fans down once again.

It's finally an organization that gives off a feel of being capable and competent to take an accurate measure of itself and seek to redress its own shortcomings. Your football ops dept and HC should be given reign to do as needed. It will be a pleasure to see them back in Toronto when Popp and Trestman move on.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It was the most enjoyable season, week in and week out, that I've experienced, as a fan, in many many years. Can't thank the organization enough for every ounce of effort they put in every week. The team is going to look a lot different next year, and that's what makes this moment so heartbreaking. 

Already looking forward to 2018 and GC Week in March...

Feels a lot like 1981.  

47 minutes ago, bluto said:

It's finally an organization that gives off a feel of being capable and competent to take an accurate measure of itself and seek to redress its own shortcomings. Your football ops dept and HC should be given reign to do as needed. It will be a pleasure to see them back in Toronto when Popp and Trestman move on.

I wanted to give you an up vote for that until your last sentence. ;) But then you did say the same thing about Henoc Muamba when he was here.

Good luck next week!

Just now, ediger said:

according to Randle, the mantra going around the locker room today was "the grass isn't always greener". Sounds like a lot of the guys genuinely want to stick together.

It's a good sign if the players who know they're returning are campaigning for the option players to stay.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Not trying to be a smartass here, Dave (for a change)... but is feeling like 1981 a good thing or a bad thing?

Apples to apples, that'd put you 3 years from a GC and on the verge of a long string of 2nd place finishes, no?

I'm hoping you both can shed more light on this topic. I was 1 at the time, and while I've read about how difficult it was for us in the days of Warren Moon, I'd love some first hand knowledge of how that went and how it compares to today... 

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm hoping you both can shed more light on this topic. I was 1 at the time, and while I've read about how difficult it was for us in the days of Warren Moon, I'd love some first hand knowledge of how that went and how it compares to today... 

Moon's Eskies were a brick wall that you knew you were going to run into on the way to the GC. Five. Straight. Cups. Nine GC appearances in Ten years. It's mind blowing.

In 1982, the Argos lost the GC at home in the driving freezing rain off of lake Ontario (the game that made our Premier decide that we needed a Dome...) against Moon and sent a 9 year old Bluto home with his tears frozen to his face. It was the following year that Moon was bounced in the first round thanks to your Bombers (Moon went south the following year). The Bombers didn't have anything left for the West final and meekly succumbed to BC.

In the Grey Cup, it looked again that Toronto would fail to end its record breaking Grey Cup drought (since '52!) but at the half, Obie pulled Condredge Holloway for Joe Barnes and the comeback win happened.

The CFL itself was in very good shape back then. It was on both CBC and CTV and had a huge multi million dollar deal with Carling O'Keefe. The Argos would regularly draw 40k.

Edited by bluto
memories... like the corner of my mind

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Moon's Eskies were a brick wall that you knew you were going to run into on the way to the GC. Five. Straight. Cups. Nine GC appearances in Ten years. It's mind blowing.

In 1982, the Argos lost the GC at home in the driving freezing rain off of lake Ontario (the game that made our Premier decide that we needed a Dome...) against Moon and sent a 9 year old Bluto home with his tears frozen to his face. It was the following year that Moon was bounced in the first round thanks to your Bombers (Moon went south the following year). The Bombers didn't have anything left for the West final and meekly succumbed to BC.

In the Grey Cup, it looked again that Toronto would fail to end its record breaking Grey Cup drought (since '52!) but at the half, Obie pulled Condredge Holloway for Joe Barnes and the comeback win happened.

The CFL itself was in very good shape back then. It was on both CBC and CTV and had a huge multi million dollar deal with Carling O'Keefe. The Argos would regularly draw 40k.

Ah, the good old days....