Around the League 2017 - Playoffs

Rich

Just now, mfranc said:

Again,  good but overpaid.  Save some money on Dress and Medlock and find a MLB or improve NI depth.

How is Dressler overpaid exactly?  Guy has game breaking capabilities.. Only knock I have is his durability..

hardly think we overpaid for him.  Medlock on the other hand, if he was money all year long.. no problemo but he wasn't.  he struggled for the first time.. in what seems like ever.

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Only Rec I'd like to see back at TC are Adams, Dressler, Givens and washington (I know, I think he deserves another shot though). The rest we should be able to find something better.

Agreed.  Walters (more specifically our scouting staff) needs to start earning his paycheck.

Edited by BBlink

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Dressler needs to come back, albeit on a smaller deal reflecting the injury risk that he’s becomes. Something around 125K seems fair.

Medlock can get lost. Worst kicker, and worst punter in the league this year. 

agree with the bolded.. Can't agree with the latter part.  Medlock is the best kicker in the CFL even if he had a poor season.  We also don't have a backup option at this point.. you wanna go with an unknown next season?  I don't.. we've been down that path.

Sean Whyte, possibly the best kicker in the CFL, has been injured almost the entire season in Edmonton.  They managed to find a decent replacement.  There are options out there outside of Medlock especially when we could probably pay a national less than 100,000 vs. the $185,000 paid to Medlock.  Given a field goal percentage barely over 80% he has not earned his paycheck.  $125,000 - $135,000 would be more suitable.  I doubt anyone pays him more.

3 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Sean Whyte, possibly the best kicker in the CFL, has been injured almost the entire season in Edmonton.  They managed to find a decent replacement.  There are options out there outside of Medlock especially when we could probably pay a national less than 100,000 vs. the $185,000 paid to Medlock.  Given a field goal percentage barely over 80% he has not earned his paycheck.  $125,000 - $135,000 would be more suitable.  I doubt anyone pays him more.

You want Hugh O'Neill kicking for the Bombers?

7 hours ago, mfranc said:

Good luck to Medlock finding another payday like he's receiving now.

He's a talented guy but overpaid.

Earned his money last year. Not this year though. For the pay hes making, hes gotta kick like last year. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You want Hugh O'Neill kicking for the Bombers?

Id rather give FMB a chance. Wouldnt castillo be a FA from ham as well?

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who was the kicker the Bombers drafted from U Sports? 

Felix Menard-Briere. I'm sure he'll be at TC competing for a starting role next season. Should be interesting to see what happens with the kicking situation next season. Medlock won't be getting the $185K he did before, IMO.