When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

right after Christmas you part ways.  And most likely do some networking and initial "discussions" at Grey Cup Week.

If I was Miller/Walter's I would be in Steinauers's ear now...offer him DC/Asst HC and make him the highest paid assistant in the game up here..Lure him away from Fresno State., or at least make an offer that he has to consider..I not sold on Thorpe moreso as how he relates/co-habitats with players and staff so Steinauer would be my A1 target.

Does firing Hall suddenly make the Bomber secondary not suck?  How about Hurl?  Does he become a starting MLB without Hall?

Richie Hall forgot more about defence then most of you will ever know but it is hard to compete when you simply don't have the horses.

The best part?  Walters and O'Shea should be inline for extensions.

:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

8 minutes ago, mfranc said:

Does firing Hall suddenly make the Bomber secondary not suck?  How about Hurl?  Does he become a starting MLB without Hall?

Richie Hall forgot more about defence then most of you will ever know but it is hard to compete when you simply don't have the horses.

Teach us all of your infinite wisdom about defensive schemes, oh holy one.

Edited by Gotmilt

9 minutes ago, mfranc said:

If we get to pick when we fire Hall can also to vote ban this weiner?

Edited by The Classic
SK hate makes my thumbs type poorly

3 minutes ago, mfranc said:

Easy to say when you have a team that is still playing.  But I think there is some truth here.  I doubt Richie Hall's defense calls to leave guys 100 percent open that many times in the 3rd quarter.  Coach's coach and players play.  It's not like we got killed by our guy's playing off the receivers by 10 yards like some years.

19 minutes ago, mfranc said:

thats part of the problem.  outdated game plans.

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Easy to say when you have a team that is still playing.  But I think there is some truth here.  I doubt Richie Hall's defense calls to leave guys 100 percent open that many times in the 3rd quarter.  Coach's coach and players play.  It's not like we got killed by our guy's playing off the receivers by 10 yards like some years.

It's easier to get rid of the coordinator and the new one can bring in his own personnel.

Interesting from Kirk Penton's You Be the Boss article last year. I presume it would be much higher this year.

DC Richie Hall

• Keep: 45%
  • Punt: 55%

http://winnipegsun.com/2016/11/22/youre-the-boss-what-the-bombers-need-to-do-in-2017/wcm/c4c943eb-08f7-48c1-a801-5a7234335705

I sure miss having Kirk Penton reporting on the Bombers. I don't think I read a single Sun article on the Bombers this year...

1 hour ago, mfranc said:

Richie Hall who was fired in Saskatchewan and Edmonton walks on water? Strange world you live in.

Idk if it's all  Hall or not. Loffler was brought closer to the line and I believe led the team in tackles. When's the last time a safety has led the defense in tackles? So the scheme is definitely different. I am sure Hall knows the difference between a MLB who can play or not. So why was Hurl there? Too many questions, no answers. MOS gambled and lost but the players are still 100% behind him. This team is light years beyond what they were. I think we wait and be patient see what shakes out. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Hall back.

8 hours ago, mfranc said:

Posts like these makes me so glad the hillbillies in saskabush will never get an NHL team. 

I have no opinion on Richie Hall.

His getting fired in Sask means nothing to me.

But I remember early  last season,  Willy was getting killed, and  many people here were saying the O line was terrible, and Bob Wylie was doing a bad job and should be let go.

Then they put in Bond, and Nichols, and suddenly Bob Wylie was a great coach again.

If they don't bring in some much better players in some positions on defence, it won't matter who the D coach is. D will still be low grade.

I also think O'Shea will not fire Hall if Mike doesn't think that's the problem with the D.

I'm pretty sure fifty people posting on a fan forum is not what Mike's decisions are based on.

I also wonder if effort and character, which are important, weigh too highly in the various factors they use in deciding which players to keep.

Seems some better ( on the field) players are gone, and some not so good players got more chances than they should have this season.

Edited by Mark F