When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Let's be honest, his job was on the line. It's a different situation now that he has put together back to back winning seasons, the question is does he have the vision to take the team all the way now.

If you keep spinning that hard you're going to fly right off the face of the earth. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you keep spinning that hard you're going to fly right off the face of the earth. 

Spinning what? MOS was a game or two away of being given an apple and a road map. Nichols basically saved his and everybody else's job. The only reason for the recent success is Nichols at qb. The rest of the team is no better than when he took over 4 years ago and I'm not counting Medlock because he costs us a DI and we shouldn't have to rely on 7 field goals a game to squeak out wins.

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Spinning what? MOS was a game or two away of being given an apple and a road map. Nichols basically saved his and everybody else's job. The only reason for the recent success is Nichols at qb. The rest of the team is no better than when he took over 4 years ago and I'm not counting Medlock because he costs us a DI and we shouldn't have to rely on 7 field goals a game to squeak out wins.

Spinning what, he asks. :lol:

Let me guess your favourite band:

Image result for spin doctors

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

nowhere was it ever even remotely hinted at that O'shea would be shown the door.. ever.  Miller and Walters have been 100% behind O'shea this entire time..

don't make up dumb stories to try and bolster your incorrect theories..  2 negatives in this case don't make a positive..

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

You're not completely wrong. But at the time when Nichols emerged a starter, OL also greatly improved. 

55 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

nowhere was it ever even remotely hinted at that O'shea would be shown the door.. ever.  Miller and Walters have been 100% behind O'shea this entire time..

don't make up dumb stories to try and bolster your incorrect theories..  2 negatives in this case don't make a positive..

I would say yes they probably have been, but I remember some radio show on some TSN station (I think it was) in the early part of 2016 had these guys saying Mike O'Shea was going to get fired if he started 0-3, or got in a hole by the first bye week or something.  Obviously, neither situation happened and there very well was probably no truth to it, but it did start a lot of talk about it around town.

I would say, Nichols is one piece of the puzzle to what jumpstarted O'Shea's recent success, combined with the OL improvements and Lapolice's system.  Yes, I'm going to give Lapolice his due as integral to this offense's success and make heads explode.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

wikipedian_protester.jpg

LOL. His seat was getting prreetttyy warm with the public just before the turn around. I dont think he would have survived a 5 or 6 win season. But i do think it would have been done in the post season. I dont think this regime would can a coach mid season short of a jonsian level nightmare. 

I think wade, walters, and mos have been on the same page since day one. 

On 11/15/2017 at 3:47 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Sort of a misleading headline

MOS tries to be diplomatic about takeaways and stuff.  Yeah, the D, combined with the O and Special Teams is good enough to win some games and host a playoff spot.  It will never ever win a cup with that D.  Period.  So if Hall IS back next season, and the D is as bad, MOS has to go with Hall.

If we change our usage of the MLBer, and get an actual league average MLBer or better I think we can have a GC quality D. Also not sold on a db or two.

If I could have my choice, id replace both. But their is value in continuity (especially when winning) and hall does make good adjustments.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Hey Hurl is a good solid special teams player, I'd take him back on this team no questions asked. 

Just rather he not start. 

When his reps are limited to teams hes worth having around for sure. I like some of our young lbers on teams, but if you cant get a better guy to replace him it doenst hurt. So long as he isnt making the same money as starting. 

32 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Take it for what it's worth

https://www.cfl.ca/2016/10/16/berg-vs-ferg-which-coaching-job-stands-out-most/

I hate posters who cherry pick a line from a paragraph when they can't argue the entire post, you're better than that.

lol.  one line in a random article from people who ain't even winnipeg media.  that is your supporting evidence that O'shea was about to be fired?

come on bruh.  thats pretty weak..

and if  you hate posters who cherry pick an article for one line to make a point... isn't that exactly what you just did with this?

lol.

Edited by SPuDS

Mike O’Shea was on the edge of the hot seat inching closer to its centre through the first six weeks of this season. I remember being on a road trip this season with the Tiger-Cats and talking to media types who were trying to figure out when, not if O’Shea would be let go.

This satisfies the definition of a citation. "Media types" could be from Winnipeg too as it doesn't say they were not.

13 minutes ago, pigseye said:

This satisfies the definition of a citation. "Media types" could be from Winnipeg too as it doesn't say they were not.

Sure, I guess it technically does. It's still a piss poor way to substantiate a claim, though. Media members' opinions of something should never be passed off as proof of anything, much less a fact. For all we know, it was Paul Wiecek saying it.

What's ridiculous is how you complain about others cherry picking but then do the exact same thing. There's more to that write-up on O'Shea than what you quoted. But you believe whatever you want. That doesn't make it accurate or you right.

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Further to the discussion about scheme vs players, it would appear that our GM is suggesting that maybe scheme might have played a bigger part that players (of course a GM would think that) from Ed Tait's Twitter feed:

For arguments sake, let's say that's true.  That would then tell me that maybe our GM,  scouts and Coaching Staff weren't on the same page as teams develop schemes to get the most out of their existing talent (or bring in that type of player (s) needed post haste) not try to fit existing talent into a scheme you want to run but may not have that type talent to run it.

40 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Yeah how about something credible? Like show me something from one of the winnipeg guys, even someone like Paul Friesen who has any kind of insight from the management of the team. Just because people speculated that MOS might be on the hot seat does not in any way shape or form imply that he was a game or two away from being fired. 

Simple facts are when a coach is losing the chair he is in gets warm, but that is a far cry from a couple games from being canned. 

34 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For arguments sake, let's say that's true.  That would then tell me that maybe our GM,  scouts and Coaching Staff weren't on the same page as teams develop schemes to get the most out of their existing talent (or bring in that type of player (s) needed post haste) not try to fit existing talent into a scheme you want to run but may not have that type talent to run it.

Or maybe the coaches feel the need to have all the rotations because they don't feel they have the players required. 

As with most things it'll be a little from column A and a little from column B. 

Guys like Randle and Heath and Leggett never come off the field, why? because they're too good, if they had guys who were too good to take off there would be a lot less rotations. 

Edited by 17to85

I never really liked the constant rotation to be honest...takes away too much for players getting in a groove and a feel for the game. Like Kyle said...have your best 12-13 guys and go with them...and I agree.

Perhaps this message has been parlayed to Oshea/Hall (if he is back) that moving forward thats what we are going to do...that being said onus is on Walters and scouting staff to provide said 12-13 best players to do the playing as starters

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

I never really liked the constant rotation to be honest...takes away too much for players getting in a groove and a feel for the game. Like Kyle said...have your best 12-13 guys and go with them...and I agree.

Perhaps this message has been parlayed to Oshea/Hall (if he is back) that moving forward thats what we are going to do...that being said onus is on Walters and scouting staff to provide said 12-13 best players to do the playing as starters

Who the heck is driving this bus?