When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

If I'm a DC, potentially coming to Winnipeg, and I see what I have to work with here, do I really want to come? Unless I can have cart blanche to rebuild it how I want.

I know, who would want to be a DC to a Defence that had all star calibre players at every level (based off last years roster, and every level as in DL, LB, DB).

29 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know, who would want to be a DC to a Defence that had all star calibre players at every level (based off last years roster, and every level as in DL, LB, DB).

Just look at the stats man! Bottom 2 or 3 in the league in just about every defensive stat.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-CFL-Statistics-to-Week-20-Final.pdf

What is a DC supposed to do about that?

37 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don’t think any coach would put any hard belief into media voted awards.

39 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Just look at the stats man! Bottom 2 or 3 in the league in just about every defensive stat.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2017-CFL-Statistics-to-Week-20-Final.pdf

What is a DC supposed to do about that?

Almost like they need a better coordinator.

6 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Define "legit". Which of the following don't fit that description; Westerman (or Okpo), Jeffcoat, Nevis, Johnson, Santos Knox, Leggett, Randle, Heath, Loffler.

Ya I'd think every one of those guys, if cut, would be signed or into a bidding war for their services... so to suggest the defensive roster is weak.. is ridiculous..

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Define "legit". Which of the following don't fit that description; Westerman (or Okpo), Jeffcoat, Nevis, Johnson, Santos Knox, Leggett, Randle, Heath, Loffler.

How can you possibly include anyone from a secondary, including the SAM, that gave up the:

most passing yards

most passing TD's

second most average per pass

What metrics are you using to rate the calibre of the players? I'd seriously like to know.....

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

How can you possibly include anyone from a secondary, including the SAM, that gave up the:

most passing yards, most passing TD's, second most average per pass

What metrics are you using to rate the calibre of the players? I'd seriously like to know.....

The players are good, but the results are not, so where does the blame lie? I'll give you a hint: his initials are Richie Hall.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

most passing yards

most passing TD's

second most average per pass

You saying Leggett, Randle and Heath aren't legit players? Hell even Walker and Alexander are promising younger guys too and Loffler is Loffler. 

The talent in the secondary isn't horrible and the DL is solid all around too.

Stats are so misleading...never a proper barometer.

To truly assess you need to know the assignment and watch game film...not TV feeds. This defense was a victim of a ridiculous scheme/philosophy and the lack of the linchpin type guy in the middle..plain and simple.

And when you get others over compensating for a weakness..well other parts break down as a result. A good majority of the deep ball and mid to deep middle stuff was a result of the safety pulled out of there to tend to other duties, and no over the top help. 

For 2 -3 years now we have had to alter and adjust to compensate for the oversight/overvaluing of what we had in the middle..and it is the sole reason we have gone 0ne and out the last 2 post seasons.  Good thing we had the talent we did on defense, or else it would have been real ugly. We are basically a middle linebacker and a scheme adjustment away from being very strong, and really I bet Santos-Knox could do the job as he is basically physically the same as Singleton body wise..just doesn't carry a National Birth Certificate

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Stats are so misleading...never a proper barometer.

To truly assess you need to know the assignment and watch game film...not TV feeds. This defense was a victim of a ridiculous scheme/philosophy and the lack of the linchpin type guy in the middle..plain and simple.

And when you get others over compensating for a weakness..well other parts break down as a result. A good majority of the deep ball and mid to deep middle stuff was a result of the safety pulled out of there to tend to other duties, and no over the top help. 

For 2 -3 years now we have had to alter and adjust to compensate for the oversight/overvaluing of what we had in the middle..and it is the sole reason we have gone 0ne and out the last 2 post seasons.  Good thing we had the talent we did on defense, or else it would have been real ugly. We are basically a middle linebacker and a scheme adjustment away from being very strong, and really I bet Santos-Knox could do the job as he is basically physically the same as Singleton body wise..just doesn't carry a National Birth Certificate

Santos-Knox is very good but I would not put him into the same category as Singleton just yet. Has he played MLB for any significant time?

1 minute ago, Fraser said:

with Noel Thorpe catching on elsewhere  who does everyone want as a DC at this point?

Richie Hall..

duh.

jk. I'd probably wanna go with Mark Nelson with O'shea as Assist-DC or O'shea with Nelson as Assist DC.. 

otherwise, I dunno.  not too many worthy candidates out there.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Santos-Knox is very good but I would not put him into the same category as Singleton just yet. Has he played MLB for any significant time?

Not in same category by any means..thats not what I meant..People here are so hung up on size for certain spots was just saying he is basically same as Singleton size and testing wise.

He played all the positions in College so would not be foreign to him, also from my experience playing in the middle is probably the easiest to step into...tho that's just my opinion from playing linebacker but I am sure many here will love to disagree