When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

“I wish to thank Tony and Todd for their dedication and work with our organization,” said Head Coach Mike O’Shea. “I’m excited to take a more active role with our defence and welcoming coach Younger to the organization.”

I guess this is the key.

Firing MOS always seems like a crazy idea.  But he has now effectively tied himself to Hall.  If the D sucks this year, MOS maybe has the chance to fire him early (but then not doing it in the off-season, actually two off-seasons, looks even worse) or he sort of has to wear it as a failure of his leadership.

4 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

O’Shea needs a little bit of a fire. The only time he coached extremely well is when his back was against the wall and his job was on the line. 

Aside from that, he hasn’t been willing to make necessary changes.

I don't understand this comment...

Was his job on the line this year when he coached the team to second in the west? 

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Hate's a strong word, but I hate this move. More of the same for 2018. Better find ourselves a couple of good receivers, cuz we'll need to score 30+ to win.

I can not help but agree 100% here. More of the same in 2018 given this decision to keep Hall as the DC. Does not give me much hope for 2018 that's for sure. Now all we have to hear is that Moss is excited to announce that Sam Hurl will be our starting MLB in 2018. Oh Joy!

3 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I can not help but agree 100% here. More of the same in 2018 given this decision to keep Hall as the DC. Does not give me much hope for 2018 that's for sure. Now all we have to hear is that Moss is excited to announce that Sam Hurl will be our starting MLB in 2018. Oh Joy!

Hurl isnt even signed for 2018. Doubt hes back. 

40 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't understand this comment...

Was his job on the line this year when he coached the team to second in the west? 

We won a lot of games due to the sheer brilliance of Matt Nichols. Winning regular season games is nice, but it’s been five years. We need to show up in the playoffs and play with the big boys, I’m not satisfied with simply making the playoffs and folding like a cheap seat.

There’s no doubt that the unwillingness and reluctance to make changes in our lineup and coaching staff has hurt this team. Loyal to a fault. Roc Carmicheal was single handidly costing our team games in the first half of the season. You can’t make any sort of argument that Sam Hurl deserves to start EVERY single game last year, you just can’t. Even if you want to use the ratio as an excuse, Thomas Miles is IMO a better player than Hurl no deserved a shot at proving that. 

Edited by Blueandgold

3 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

We won a lot of games due to the sheer brilliance of Matt Nichols. Winning regular season games is nice, but it’s been five years. We need to show up in the playoffs and play with the big boys, I’m not satisfied with simply making the playoffs and folding like a cheap seat.

There’s no doubt that the unwillingness and reluctance to make changes in our lineup and coaching staff has hurt this team. Loyal to a fault. Roc Carmicheal was single handidly costing our team games in the first half of the season. You can’t make any sort of argument that Sam Hurl deserves to start EVERY single game last year, you just can’t. Even if you want to use the ratio as an excuse, Thomas Miles is IMO a better player than Hurl no deserved a shot at proving that. 

Second in the west.

Despite getting so lucky (:rolleyes:), some credit would have to go to MOS.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Second in the west.

Despite getting so lucky (:rolleyes:), some credit would have to go to MOS.

He’s a good coach, but to be a great coach and help take this team to the next level he needs to make adjustments. That’s what will help propel us from a team that’s perenially losing in the WSF compared to being legit GC contenders. 

The playoffs showed that, despite our injuries,  we still have a little ways to go if we want to beat Calgary or Edmonton when it counts.

If you're old enough to type sentences, you're old enough to remember bad, bad, bad Bomber teams.  Unprepared teams.  Teams that had no fight.  Teams that were an embarrassment to the logo & city.  If you're a millennial, that's virtually ALL you've ever known. 

I'm not happy with our D either, but suggesting Osh needs to go because of it is shortsighted IMO. 

23 wins in 2 seasons.  Last time we had win totals like that in back to back years was 2001-2003.  Before that, 1993-1994.   Forgive me if I'm enjoying this awful, awful times we're having lately.    

I guess the question is whether Osh is the guy who's going to hoist a Cup in < 5 yrs or are we more likely to do that with someone else wearing the captain's hat?