When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

And how many playoff games won in the past three years?  And where does the defence stand against other defences? 

So you'd rather go with the 2 playoff game sample size than the 36 game regular season sample size.  That's how bad decisions get made.

And we all know how the defence stacks up.  Near the bottom in limiting yards, near the top in generating turnovers.

And the team is is 23-13 over the last two seasons so to suggest they can't win with this defence is simply incorrect.

I don't like Hall's D but beyond Mark Nelson, what other DC would people suggest?

This franchise is still shellshocked from all the years of turnover...  I see the Jordan Younger move as a guy who's ready to step in as DC if Richie Hall's scheme really get blown up this year.

Very confused about the Todd Howard move - not sure how much more our DL could do

16 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WHen Hall was in his last year with the (gag) Cryders, it was a very good unit. Chamblin had his hands in the mix and then it became quite a fearsome unit.  I expect the same thing will happen this year. It seems someone needs to help Hall get more aggressive.

Casey Creehan would actually have been a great addition to these assistants...

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Bomber faithful will give a thumbs up to this just like not wanting jeff reinebold fired or jim daley or mike kelly or tim burke. Always be sheep around.

It's all sheep.... one herd wants to keep staff, another herd wants to fire them.  Calling for coaches' heads every year doesn't make someone a critical, independent thinker.... if you haven't noticed, firing Hall is a pretty popular opinion.  Baa baa.

Scary part is that 'after watching the film', Osh and crew have decided it was 'execution' and not scheme....

I would not be surprised if Bombers move on from Heath, Westerman, Wild and kept Fogg, Knox and possibly Hurl because of their ST value

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

@CFLLandry

Don Landry  ?Retweeted CFL News

Interesting developments... and btw, Younger is a super smart guy as well. Bodes well for Bombers D.

Possible that Younger is being groomed to be the next WBB DC......curiouser and curiouser....

ooooh.  never thought of that angle.   From all i've seen, hes considered a very good coaching prospect.   O'shea and him do have a solid history as well.    Maybe this idea carries some weight and to be honest, I'd be ok if that was the case.

The successful Bomber HCs of the past, Murphy, Riley, Ritchie.....hired great experienced assistants and let them coach. No the attitude seems to be hire young guys and micro manage them.  Your OC doing multiple jobs, and now your HC doing HC, ST and now  “helping with the defence”.  Judgement day is upon this crew.....I hope it works out because if it does not it will be difficult to justify not making significant changes.

8 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

There are a bunch of arguments for firing Hall but let's not start this narrative that O'Shea chose loyalty over winning. He has fired an OC, DC, and STC in his stay here. Loyalty isn't the issue. 

Some firings here and there don’t make loyalty a non-issue. I stand by what I said. He’s too loyal.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Scary part is that 'after watching the film', Osh and crew have decided it was 'execution' and not scheme....

I would not be surprised if Bombers move on from Heath, Westerman, Wild and kept Fogg, Knox and possibly Hurl because of their ST value

If Knox starts we're in trouble, guy can't play.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If Knox starts we're in trouble, guy can't play.

I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but last year was his first year.....I want to see how the guy looks in TC this year before we declare him a "Never Was"...

43 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Bomber faithful will give a thumbs up to this just like not wanting jeff reinebold fired or jim daley or mike kelly or tim burke. Always be sheep around.

I was in favour of all 4 at the time of their hiring, and wanted all 4 gone by the time they were......I consider myself more middle-of-the-road (don't we all...?) and try to take a "wait and see" approach to all things....

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

We need to get a grip on the ratio, get back to 3 OL and get an import worth something in the middle. Westerman and Thomas coming back is going to be huge for that.

Can I get an amen brothers and sisters......if that is the GMs, scouting, player personnel or whomever’s responsibility JUST DO IT enough is enough. Thanks Mike for that.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Some firings here and there don’t make loyalty a non-issue. I stand by what I said. He’s too loyal.

I think it's incorrect to say he's too loyal, I would say he is more patient than loyal. He sees the good Hall brings (and a guy with Halls experience clearly does bring some good things) and is willing to be patient.