When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am all on board for changing it up on D, as long as Lapo goes too. Both coordinators are too into the "don't **** up, try not to lose" mentality for my liking and if we're changing one better change em both and get some guys who are willing to go for it to try and win and dictate games. 

Were the highest scoring team in the league and you want Lapolice gone as well?! Oy Vay

19 hours ago, mfranc said:

Does firing Hall suddenly make the Bomber secondary not suck?  How about Hurl?  Does he become a starting MLB without Hall?

Richie Hall forgot more about defence then most of you will ever know but it is hard to compete when you simply don't have the horses.

The best part?  Walters and O'Shea should be inline for extensions.

:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Image result for an idiot sandwich gif

While it is if course true that coaches coach and players play, I think the reason the Bombers need a new DC is because the same problems persisted ALL YEAR. I'm not sure how many times I heard or read the term "explosion plays" this year, but it was a lot. So while of course they need some upgrades in talent, they also need someone who can bring the absolute best out of that talent. If that person was already here, I think the D would have been a lot better. Just my two cents.

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Pretty sure that the other 8 defenses in the league scored points too.  Seriously, you do tend to show a little bit of anti-LaPolice bias.  We got to 12-6 somehow.

Can also be used to defend Hall. 

When you take out the points scored by defenses the Bombers weren't the top team.

Too many people here just stat watch and repeat things they heard in the media. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am all on board for changing it up on D, as long as Lapo goes too. Both coordinators are too into the "don't **** up, try not to lose" mentality for my liking and if we're changing one better change em both and get some guys who are willing to go for it to try and win and dictate games. 

Their not like brake pads or spark plugs.  one doesn't mean the other has gone too lol.  cripes. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When you take out the points scored by defenses the Bombers weren't the top team.

thats pretty presumptuous.  I think most fans here follow as closely as you do, we are mainly die hards and don't parrot the media.  we see an offense that improved drastically over last year.. was second in the league in scoring if you really wanna be a baby about the stats.. kept Nichols upright pretty much all season and had the leagues leading rusher.. who also set a CFL record for completions.

Not quite sure where the problem lies in your mind... but its really only in your mind where the problem is.  If Mike O'shea said he would be firing Lapo after the Grey Cup, I guarantee that there would be many many more confused and wtf looks on people's faces then there would be applause.

Just now, 17to85 said:

If we weren't the top team in points scored (with defensive points removed) I'm willing to bet we'd be in the top 3.  Can you show me a page where it shows defensive points generated because I couldn't find one.  And no, we had, statistically a much poorer showing defensively than we did offensively, so the first  coordinator problem (and only one, in my opinion) that needs to be addressed is DC.  OC is not a problem at the moment.   

Most points scored off of turnovers.....most FGs kicked.

My questions as a potential DC candidate?

do I have to play Hurl?

are we resigning the kicker?

what if anything are you planning to do to improve red zone TD production?

are we going to continue to call 5 yd check off plays on 2nd and 7 yds.?

Is giving me the title of Ast HC mean I have significant input in personnel decisions?

Is the current scouting dept going to be retained?.........

That was the 19th game of the season......and this D gave up 7 plays of 25+ yds, had huge breakdowns resulting in 3 easy peasy Esks touchdowns, and couldn't tackle a fishing rod.

We insist on running all this zone stuff - but continually have this level of confusion, in the back 7.   A number of players, particularly Walker and Fogg.... simply looked like they simply had no clue at all, out there.
Bottom line.....we seen no improvement from the defensive collapse in last year's playoff......

Unacceptable. 

This D needs to be completely re-grounded in both assignment basics and tackling techniques.
and it has to be done with a new DC.    This is now a prerequisite.....not an option.   

36 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

do I have to play Hurl?

Is giving me the title of Ast HC mean I have significant input in personnel decisions?

Is the current scouting dept going to be retained?.........

If a DC candidate is worried about what the offence and special teams are doing, I would look elsewhere.

Hall must go or get new players to play his defence, the status quo won't do though.

Lapo is Lapo, he does tend to overlook the obvious, like we should have been running the ball all day against the Esks. But it seems to be rubbing off on O'Shea too, we punted a few times on second 1 1/2 - 2 even though LeFevour could get that in his sleep. The fake punt was unnecessary when you have LeFevour on short yardage. We could have controlled the line of scrimmage from the outset but I guess it's just not sexy enough for Lapo.

If Lapo does leave, I want to see a run first OC replace him.

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Hall must go or get new players to play his defence, the status quo won't do though.

Lapo is Lapo, he does tend to overlook the obvious, like we should have been running the ball all day against the Esks. But it seems to be rubbing off on O'Shea too, we punted a few times on second 1 1/2 - 2 even though LeFevour could get that in his sleep. The fake punt was unnecessary when you have LeFevour on short yardage. We could have controlled the line of scrimmage from the outset but I guess it's just not sexy enough for Lapo.

Let me know when you find a time machine because I have a few places I want to go back to too.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Setting a record for completions in a playoff game is a bad thing again because..?

we have a RB who has great hands and receivers who are capable.  our offense was 1 or 2nd in all catergories for the offense.. why would we need to consider changing philosophies?  we led the league in rushing did we not?

6 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Setting a record for completions in a playoff game is a bad thing again because..?

we have a RB who has great hands and receivers who are capable.  our offense was 1 or 2nd in all catergories for the offense.. why would we need to consider changing philosophies?  we led the league in rushing did we not?

because we still lost even with all those pass attempts

because we settle for too many field goals instead of TD's, we led the league in that stat too.

do I have to play Hurl?