Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

My point is everyone talks about Gray who will probably do the NFL PR thing a bit longer but ignore Spooner who is apparently a very good OL prospect himself. 

I don't think anyone is ignoring him. It seems like a foregone conclusion he'll be here next spring, anyway. The team is apparently pretty high on his skill set and considering he turned down an opportunity with another team this past season, I have to believe he's high on the Bombers, too.

I think posters here bring up Gray because he'd provide considerable NAT depth, which is always good in the CFL.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

I don't think anyone is ignoring him. It seems like a foregone conclusion he'll be here next spring, anyway. The team is apparently pretty high on his skill set and considering he turned down an opportunity with another team this past season, I have to believe he's high on the Bombers, too.

I think posters here bring up Gray because he'd provide considerable NAT depth, which is always good in the CFL.

For sure but gotta think hes not gonna be here for a few years still. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

For sure but gotta think hes not gonna be here for a few years still. 

Maybe. I'd prefer to see him in Winnipeg sooner than later, though.

Speaking of free agency and contracts, Westwood finally makes a point:

I couldn't be more on board with the idea of making contract info public.

32 minutes ago, Goalie said:

My point is everyone talks about Gray who will probably do the NFL PR thing a bit longer but ignore Spooner who is apparently a very good OL prospect himself. 

Spooner was left on the PR so he's basically a F.A. as soon as the season ends, I don't see how he can be under contract with the Bombers as some are inferring.

H e can have a contract already agreed to for 2018 but not registered until then...so technically a free agent but committed to being here...teams can and will inquire but he can just say not interested, or appease them and look at offer with no intention of signing. I am certain we have things in place not to lose him.

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Spooner was left on the PR so he's basically a F.A. as soon as the season ends, I don't see how he can be under contract with the Bombers as some are inferring.

Gentleman`s agreement more so then an actual "contract"

I don't see Gray as a guy either wanting to bounce around for several years as a practice roster guy with no real definate opportunity. I bet he uses this year, and if the Jets dump him come winter, he does signs up here if all he is going to get is practice roster opportunity with no real legit chance to make a game day roster.

It's in his best interest to play here 2 years..gets some film and experience and showcase what he has,,,if he has it and then try again down south...he doesn't eat up PR time down there and a few years down the road he may be the first called off the PR with an injury, as opposed to the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option as he is now

Speaking of Gray, did anyone notice he made the list of one of the top eight academic student athletes in Canada for 2016/17? 4.43 GPA! He pretty much got all A+s except for the odd A that might have snuck in there. In Engineering no less. Wouldn't surprise me if he's got a grad school acceptance letter sitting on a shelf somewhere as well. 

Edited by nate007
Grammar

My take:

I'd re-sign the entire OL (if Bond indeed stays), especially considering what happened when Joe Mack didn't.

The rest of the list:

My keepers are Dressler and Flanders on offense, and Randle, Leggett, Westerman, Heath and possibly Wild though I guess that's debatable, and ST Medlock

The Must Go's are LeFevour on offense and .... well I think we all very well know who on defense with the initials SH, and I'd probably let Kyle Knox walk as well.

I do like JFG and Denmark on offense, but they are by no stretch irreplaceable.  On defense, I like Fogg, Nevis, and Jones, but I'd not call them irreplaceable either.

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Bond for sure will try to land a job down south, Medlock is gone, Gray wont be up here anytime soon, Randle and Leggett are going nowhere, no idea about Westermen, Health, Neufeld, and of course we will continue to wait on Mulumba.

I'm hoping he decides to stick around at a reasonable price BUT he may also get a raise elsewhere from a team looking for a legit kicker.  Westerman would be a shame to lose, hope we can keep him here.. Ditto Heath and I think he likes being a bomber..

This should be our shopping list as I posted on  other site: I'd include Bond but would prefer we go 3 nationals on the oline, but wouldn't be upset having the same o-line if it doesn't hinder us getting talent elsewhere

Only ones we should concern ourselves with are Arceneaux from BC, Singleton from CGY (if he doesn't go south) Dean from Hamilton and William Powell from Ottawa.
Sign any 3 of these 4 along with our own musts of Hardrick, Bryant, Randle, Heath, Leggett, Westerman, Jones, Dressler, Foketti and Neufeld and we will be looking really good and totally will all fit into the SMS with money to hopefully bring in a Mulumba and or Chris Mathews if he is still unsigned down south and wants to come back up to Canada.

The rest of our own free agents can be determined if price and need is right after the dust settles from free agency/draft and what we find with scouting