Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

18 hours ago, Booch said:

I believe he won special teams player of year again out that way...almost certain I heard that

cool.. maybe a Jonny Puntface scenario brewing again then lol.. though, this time maybe we can keep him in the right league.

18 hours ago, Atomic said:

Felix Menard-Briere didn't attempt a single field goal this season for the Carabins, he was just their punter.

Well that's odd.  I suppose the punting is usually the difficult part of the equation so heres hoping that he at least was practicing FG's in his down time. 

18 hours ago, shadybob said:

FG kicking was the area of his game he needed work on, thought him going back to school would let him work it out. thats disappointing to hear. 

this could be what you're referring to: https://carabins.umontreal.ca/football/felix-menard-briere-sacre-meilleur-joueur-des-unites-speciales/

I agree but we are assuming the worst here... he could have been the back up kicker and he coulda been practicing regularly...

18 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If we could get Medlock for 100k just to placekick and have FMB punt that would be a good deal IMO.

yea that would definitely work but who knows whats going on in Medlock's brain at the moment... he didn't seem to keen on coming back here for some reason... well, thats what I took from his last interview anyway, could have still been shell shocked.

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

If they were worried about losing him, the Bombers could have stashed him on the 1 game IR like the did those other guys.  The fact they didn't have to, might indicate that there's already a plan for next year.

ya me thinks this too.. I think Spooner likes it here and is one of the rare one who appreciates that we drafted him and spent the time working with and developing him..

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think you have to resign Westerman to give you that legit starting NI option. How we use the ratio will be interesting next year.

yup I agree.. if he is healthy and he wants to be back, we gotta make it happen even if Mulumba comes up north.

Edited by SPuDS
forgot a quote

21 hours ago, Mike said:

Bond can try but name the last OL to stick

Does Brett Jones count?

20 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If we could get Medlock for 100k just to placekick and have FMB punt that would be a good deal IMO.

I like this idea... assuming Medlock is on board with the pay/responsibilities decrease... then we have a game-day back up at both positions... and Briere can get some valuable lessons from one of the best...

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Nichols was tied for third in passing TDs (28) and the offense scored 43 combined (28 passing + 15 rushing). If the team upgrades its receiving corps (which it damn well should), there's no reason why the offense can't score more majors next season.

Fantastic. But all signs are pointing to three Canadians on the OL, which is without question a downgrade at the left guard position. Travis Bond is the best interior OL in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Fantastic. But all signs are pointing to three Canadians on the OL, which is without question a downgrade at the left guard position. Travis Bond is the best interior OL in the league. 

meh.  Harris can be held back to provide more blocking support then normal if we find that gap is getting punished.. or roll outs.  it can be managed but I do concur, it will weaken the O-line in its entirety by going to 3 canadians.. but flip side of the coin is that it frees up an american slot elsewhere (MAC back or double american interior dlinemen sounds good to me)  and I assume it would be at the MLB spot that we utilize it...

Thomas/Ekakitie for one interior lineman, Poop/Nevis (if  both are still here next year) at the other.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Thomas / Ekakitie working out as a regular rotation is TBD. Fingers crossed that Westerman comes back healthy. 

ya I'm hoping Ekakitie trains his ass off his off-season and comes to camp with stamina and a new pass rush skillset.  Thomas works for me as a starting DT but I think he needs a rotational partner to spell him off.. when his motor is at 100%, hes a force.  when hes winded or tired, he struggles.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have faith in Corney taking another step next year and being a full time starter if something happens where Busterman isn't able to make a go of 'er...

Corney is such a beast. I hope westerman's skills have rubbed off on him.. hes just so raw.  If he develops the rip and swim or even a crazy first step and bull-rush, he could be a very good DE.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have faith in Corney taking another step next year and being a full time starter if something happens where Busterman isn't able to make a go of 'er...

I would like see a rotation of those two continue. If we could rotate 4 Canadians to fill 2 DL spots, that would enable a change at MLB and allow the current OL to stay intact. 

16 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

meh.  Harris can be held back to provide more blocking support then normal if we find that gap is getting punished.. or roll outs.  it can be managed but I do concur, it will weaken the O-line in its entirety by going to 3 canadians.. but flip side of the coin is that it frees up an american slot elsewhere (MAC back or double american interior dlinemen sounds good to me)  and I assume it would be at the MLB spot that we utilize it...

I'm not sure if you can meh and agree in the same post - those are two nice things you can't have together. 

47 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

any hope on Butcher cracking the line-up next year?

I think some one picked him up after we cut him (but that might have been intzandt?) and I dont think he had more eligibility left. He might be out of football now. Too bad guy was a real specimen. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think some one picked him up after we cut him (but that might have been intzandt?) and I dont think he had more eligibility left. He might be out of football now. Too bad guy was a real specimen. 

Yup.  All Butcher has to do is stand in the middle and then he would clog up the whole center of the field.

There has been a ton of talk all season long about Bond possibly trying the NFL and Kyle Walters didn't draft all those offensive lineman rather than other positions to keep playing 3 americans in that position. The fact that with Bond out the performance of the line didn't dip just makes it that much more likely to happen.