Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Anything substantive you could share on here...?

I would to dig through some of Mr. Dee's 'in case you missed it' posts.  There was definitely an article on the CFL website

1 hour ago, tracker said:

No. No. No. That would set a dangerous precedent for this forum.

Actually, I don't believe you haven't seen anything referring to this. 

23 hours ago, JCon said:

RE: Feoli-Gudino

I don't see him coming back. I believe they'll move on with what they have already and scout other NI wide receivers.

I hope not I like JFG and now with Coates coming along we are in the best shape we have been in a long while but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to get better, especially in free agency.

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I hope not I like JFG and now with Coates coming along we are in the best shape we have been in a long while but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to get better, especially in free agency.

Drew versus JFG I think is what it's coming down to now.. Coates has shown that he can play at this point.. Wollitarsky needs to step up this next season and make JFG expendable..

On 11/17/2017 at 12:13 PM, SPuDS said:

Drew versus JFG I think is what it's coming down to now.. Coates has shown that he can play at this point.. Wollitarsky needs to step up this next season and make JFG expendable..

Agree. I think that battle takes place in camp, and I think coates takes the starter spot and woli takes the back up. If we could sign another legit no1 wr to join dressler and adams I wouldnt mind starting 2 NI wrs and keeping all 3. 

Does any one have a listing of each teams pending FAs yet?

Edited by wbbfan

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree. I think that battle takes place in camp, and I think coates takes the starter spot and woli takes the back up. If we could sign another legit no1 wr to join dressler and adams I wouldnt mind starting 2 NI wrs and keeping all 3. 

Does any one have a listing of each teams pending FAs yet?

Start two Canadian WRs, sign Bond & kick ass with three imports plus Westerman on DL

2 WR

1 RB

2 OL

1 DL 

1 S

Plus guys like Neufeld, Thomas, Corney et. al. providing depth and flexibility 

Just now, Mark H. said:

Start two Canadian WRs, sign Bond & kick ass with three imports plus Westerman on DL

2 WR

1 RB

2 OL

1 DL 

1 S

Plus guys like Neufeld, Thomas, Corney et. al. providing depth and flexibility 

Yeah thatd be fantastic. I think bond is gone, but having him back would be huge. For my money he is hands down the best guard in the league. Close to the value of a tackle quality guard.

Newfie 2 good young developing NI ol, corney, thomas jones is a gooder,  Hopefully faith turns into a player of value (if he fullfills his potential he could replace nevis) its a real good core of NI depth. Guys who have a chance to play and make a difference.  That and the dedication to players with strong character should have us continuing to improve year after year. 

What imp FA wrs are out there? I would think earnest jackson would be available and at a discount to boot. Ive allways liked him. 

28 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The emergence of Max Coates opens an intriguing avenue for the Bombers to go with 2 NI receivers. Drew Wolitarsky, if he is indeed ready, would provide a viable outlet for Nichols. And of course, we have Feoli-Gudino.  We could be ready to go this way. And why not?

51 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The emergence of Max Coates opens an intriguing avenue for the Bombers to go with 2 NI receivers. Drew Wolitarsky, if he is indeed ready, would provide a viable outlet for Nichols. And of course, we have Feoli-Gudino.  We could be ready to go this way. And why not?

I think three American OL - assuming a guard of Bond's calibre - are more valuable than 4 import receivers would be. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I think three American OL - assuming a guard of Bond's calibre - are more valuable than 4 import receivers would be. 

I think it depends on your system, and available NI talent. Expecting a guard of bonds cailbre isnt reasonable. But a good one, is reasonable. If you compared say Newfi, foketi, denmark and the extra NI I would take foketi at guard and the extra NI. Love denny but hes gone invisible too often. The hunger and drive he came back with after being cut ran dry and he pulled a houdini. 6 games with 1 catch or less, 2 catches for 30 yards or more, season high of 69 yards in one game, the huge majority of his tds were less then 10 yard passes as well. We can set up fades to taller guys for a high percentage of that. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Agreed, we just have to ensure that our third import receiver is also a stud. 

We need someone more like Chris Matthews or Manny playing alongside Dressler and Darvin rather than someone like Washington or Givens.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, sweep the leg said:

Wasn't sure if a thread for other teams' free agents was needed, but here's the Redblacks list. Some big names here too:

Receiver Brad Sinopoli

Receiver/returner Diontae Spencer 

Receiver Jake Harty

Running back William Powell 

Running back Brendan Gillanders

Linebacker Taylor Reed

Defensive back Jonathan Rose

Defensive back Jerrell Gavins

Defensive lineman Zack Evans 

Defensive lineman Arnaud Gascon-Nadon

Offensive lineman Alex Mateas 

Offensive lineman Nolan MacMillan

Give me Taylor Reed at MLB! 

55 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think it depends on your system, and available NI talent. Expecting a guard of bonds cailbre isnt reasonable. But a good one, is reasonable. If you compared say Newfi, foketi, denmark and the extra NI I would take foketi at guard and the extra NI. Love denny but hes gone invisible too often. The hunger and drive he came back with after being cut ran dry and he pulled a houdini. 6 games with 1 catch or less, 2 catches for 30 yards or more, season high of 69 yards in one game, the huge majority of his tds were less then 10 yard passes as well. We can set up fades to taller guys for a high percentage of that. 

But let's be honest - the backbone of this O is Harris / Flanders out of the backfield. They need to field an OL that can maximize that. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

But let's be honest - the backbone of this O is Harris / Flanders out of the backfield. They need to field an OL that can maximize that. 

Thats the truth. We need more use of flanders, and more steady runs for harris. That will go very far to helping all who suit up for the blue as an OL next year. Lots of ways to do that. Couture could be used in a zone running scheme at guard no doubt. 

Id be happy to fill from with in for our OL. (again assuming bond is nfl bound)  We can stretch it deep with adams. Dressler can stretch it side ways (as well as harris/flanders) Another guy for the opposite side who can do either, eat up the middle, or and X factor who can take a screen pass all the way on any play would give us full control of the field. When we lose the ability to stretch the field in multiple directions, especially deep, teams can attack the box and run blitz. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Give me Taylor Reed at MLB! 

QFT. Spencer would be big, ofc sinopoli too. 

Id actually take bass back for a look in camp at WIL. Incase wild isnt 100% and to push him. Assuming JSK can make the transition to mlber. (I think he could do it pretty well)

3 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I would droll over the possibility of having Chris Matthews, Dressler and Adams on the field at the same time. Needless to say our offense would be that much better in 2018...one can fantasize, can't one?!

With his size, athletic ability, and superbowl heroics I cant see him winding up back here. Especially being on the right side of 30 still. He would be a phenomenal fit, and is an all world talent. I put that in mike sims walker come back territory. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Thats the truth. We need more use of flanders, and more steady runs for harris. That will go very far to helping all who suit up for the blue as an OL next year. Lots of ways to do that. Couture could be used in a zone running scheme at guard no doubt. 

Id be happy to fill from with in for our OL. (again assuming bond is nfl bound)  We can stretch it deep with adams. Dressler can stretch it side ways (as well as harris/flanders) Another guy for the opposite side who can do either, eat up the middle, or and X factor who can take a screen pass all the way on any play would give us full control of the field. When we lose the ability to stretch the field in multiple directions, especially deep, teams can attack the box and run blitz. 

QFT. Spencer would be big, ofc sinopoli too. 

Id actually take bass back for a look in camp at WIL. Incase wild isnt 100% and to push him. Assuming JSK can make the transition to mlber. (I think he could do it pretty well)

Reed would be a huge upgrade at MLB for us. He'd make our defense much, much better. I expect Ottawa will sign him before free agent frenzy. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Reed would be a huge upgrade at MLB for us. He'd make our defense much, much better. I expect Ottawa will sign him before free agent frenzy. 

Ya he would. Walters was talking about the FA frenzy in the post season presser. And I think hes bang on the money. Its gone on at such a rate, and with the previous increase in the cap feeding it, I think we are gonna bottom out. Teams just arent gonna have the cap space. I could see montreal and to a lesser extend hammy stripping down,  freeing up space and making a couple moves But I dont think it will be a bonanza. From here moving forward, short of more significant cap increases I think we will see a choice of go to a bad team for a high sum or go to a contender for a low sum. 

In fact I wouldnt be surprised over the next few years to see the final vet waiver day become a much more important part of the season. 

The cap rises every year are so insignificant & usually are already maxed out with salary increases on existing contracts for the following season. Just goes to show you how handicapped teams are now with such small yearly increases. There has to be more flexibility. Perhaps the CFL should announce the next season's amount in the last few games of the season instead of working it into the agreement with the players. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Sinopoli would be great too - he's bound to get some serious coin somewhere...

He left Calgary to play in Ottawa which is very close to where he grew up. He won the Hec Creighton Award playing qb with one of the universities in Ottawa. As great as it is to think about trying to sign him, I think he'll re-sign in Ottawa. Jake Harty is from Calgary. I would think if he leaves the RedBlacks he'll sign with the Stamps who are looking to replenish their Canadian receivers. Of those 2 though, Harty might be the one persuaded into come here. Both are long shots. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27