Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

Matthews may have to set his sights north again if he wishes to continue his football career (his PR eligibility could be done, IIRC). He's still relatively young (28) and could be a damn good upgrade at receiver.

As for Fitzgerald, he signed a contract extension on Friday: http://www.tsn.ca/cardinals-extend-fitzgerald-through-2018-1.918469

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Matthews may have to set his sights north again if he wishes to continue his football career (his PR eligibility could be done, IIRC). He's still relatively young (28) and could be a damn good upgrade at receiver.

As for Fitzgerald, he signed a contract extension on Friday: http://www.tsn.ca/cardinals-extend-fitzgerald-through-2018-1.918469

Trestman is a big fan of Matthews. 

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

FItzgerald is gonna strap em on and play till the wheels fall off. That guy is incredible. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

He wouldn't break our ratio, he'd smash it wide open

No joke. He might be better then every NI wr weve had in the past 10 years rolled into one.  I think the only way we would be able to do that is if bryant or medlock was downgraded to a much cheaper alternative. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Okay well I want Larry Fitzgerald next year, then, if he doesn't re-up with the Cards... 

Not that hard to figure out why we are talking about Matthews. First, this is a fan website where we talk about what we want, not necessarily about what will happen. Secondly, Matthews has played for us, was released early, AND is presently a free agent. Third, Larry Fitzgerald was a star receiver in the NFL, Matthews was not. I'm not saying Matthews will come back here but if I was our G.M. I would be at least calling his agent...if he doesn't get any offers by spring...you never know

All this talk about Matthews reminds me of one thing. Remember how everyone cried foul about releasing Thorpe this year? Imagine if we did the same thing to Matthews back when he asked for his release... there would be absolutely no way he'd come back. At least for now it's a foreseeable possibility, as opposed to just a pipe dream. 

Also hah at Fitzgerald ever wanting to play up here. Imagine this as a sales pitch for your current job: Want to pay more taxes, earn less money, and play in worse weather? Tired of golfing in Arizona year-round? Then have we got the league for you! I love the CFL... but you guys are kidding if you think Fitz would ever seriously come up here.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wait....... People took my comment about Fitzgerald seriously. Folks... Its about as likely as Matthews at this point. That was the point. 

I’m pretty sure *most* people knew you were being tongue-in-cheek. Matthews’s isn’t out of the realm of possibility though. He’s a free agent and might be out of chances down south.

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wait....... People took my comment about Fitzgerald seriously. Folks... Its about as likely as Matthews at this point. That was the point. 

Why is Matthews, a mostly unproven receiver who had one good game in a Super Bowl nearly three years ago, even anywhere near the same discussion as Fitzgerald, a proven, elite, all-star receiver?

Matthews returning to the CFL is a possibility.

Edited by blue_gold_84