Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

4 hours ago, Zontar said:

I think coulumnist was looking for something to nail him on for stuff in the past that wasnt reported. Flat out condemned his leadership qualities. Rare for a media type to be so clear as they usually insinuate if they have a beef.

Could be. Doesnt strike me as the leader of that team, but given what went on with him and burris that would be pretty hard to expect.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Unless Ottawa is going all in on Franklin or pursuing Collaros, I can't see them letting Harris walk away.

If I'm Trevor Harris, I want a firm commitment from Desjardins that they are bringing in receivers...  Burris looked like crap then Ottawa signed a fleet of top receivers and he wins the cup... then they let almost everyone walk and expect Harris to just carry the load - pretty lame

That being said, I do think Desjardins ends up with James Franklin...

A lil surprised with this one so early, but for the right price I like it. I would think he got some upfront money left from this year, so cheaper 2018 cap hit and if this so...pretty good move...we can develop Felix M and not rush him....nice to see a lot of the core coming back before the new year even begins

Just now, Blueandgold said:

I’m fine to have Medlock back, but I hope they didn’t break the bank for him. He just wasn’t worth that 185K this year.

Having Flanders back is awesome. I’m happy he’s sticking around, and that we found a role for him until he’s needed at RB.

I have a feeling he took a little less money to come back for a single year. I think he's the type of guy that knows he has something to prove.

That said I think he will prove it and I'm very happy with this signing.

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I have a feeling he took a little less money to come back for a single year. I think he's the type of guy that knows he has something to prove.

That said I think he will prove it and I'm very happy with this signing.

Agreed.  A one year deal means that if he can get back to his 2016 level, he's in-line for a big pay day next year.

Its interesting that all the free agents signed since the end of the season have been on offence or special teams. Not one defensive player.

Does it mean anything?   Are the players waiting to see who the DC will be?  Hall or someone else?  or is the team looking to make wholesale changes on defence?

23 hours ago, Noeller said:

Tait asks Flanders about why sign so soon, rather than go to FA and get those dolla dolla billz, yo...

DP0J3qmUEAA5daH.jpg:large

What I get out of this quote is Flanders realizes as an American RB, he knows he is disposable... he knows what his role will be here and that we won't be looking for a replacement any time soon... another team that is committed to American RB might have a couple PR guys ready to take his place at the first slip up...

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Its interesting that all the free agents signed since the end of the season have been on offence or special teams. Not one defensive player.

Does it mean anything?   Are the players waiting to see who the DC will be?  Hall or someone else?  or is the team looking to make wholesale changes on defence?

Probably means they have a lot of film to watch...  Medlock and Flanders are kind of automatic re-signings...  I'd say there's a lot of headscratching over the D right now

1 hour ago, Booch said:

A lil surprised with this one so early, but for the right price I like it. I would think he got some upfront money left from this year, so cheaper 2018 cap hit and if this so...pretty good move...we can develop Felix M and not rush him....nice to see a lot of the core coming back before the new year even begins

I was surprised how quick Medlock re-upp'd too after his exit interview but I guess he was just still annoyed with how the season panned out.  Glad hes back to prove last year was an anomaly and like you said, lets Felix work on his FG kicking for another season without being forced to the wolves.

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

That is an interesting observation and you may be on to something.  Derek Jones would be the one exception but so far he has been mostly a special teamer.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That is an interesting observation and you may be on to something.  Derek Jones would be the one exception but so far he has been mostly a special teamer.

hopefully we hear something sooner than later.. either a "he isn't going anywhere.." or the more preferable "we thank Richie for his years of service but have decided to.."

My Bombers FA wish list months in advance. Not including our own guys 

1. Mincy DB 

2. Reed or Dean. LB 

3.Demski 

4. Evan Gill 

5. The Manny Show - call me crazy but i feel hes gonna be a bomber. 

Our own? 

Spooner. Bryant. Foketi. Leggett. Randle. Heath. Dressler. Normand. Thomas. 

Might be missing 1 or 2 but IMO these are the most important ones. 

Yup. No Bond. Would rather see 3 CDNs on the Oline. 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Fraser said:

I missed the Medlock exit interview comment. Can someone point me in the right direction. 

Kicker Justin Medlock said Monday he is considering all his options as his contract comes up this year.

"I want to take a second and kind of think about what I want to do, whether I want to play, whether I want to play somewhere else or whether I want to play here. I got to take a second to think about that," he told media gathered in the Bombers locker room late Monday morning. 

"Trying to think about all possibilities, right? I live in Florida, right? I've been thinking about doing some other things in life maybe, so we'll see. But I'm also considering coming back too."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bombers-justin-medlock-football-return-1.4400400