Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

If I had to have a wishlist of 5 Bombers and 5 new acquisitions ...

Bombers - Bryant, Randle, Westerman, Leggett, Thomas

New - Posey, Reed, Bridge, Edwards, Durant

... assuming Walker, Zylstra go to NFL. Wouldn't say no to Kamar Jorden or Davaris Daniels either. Hell, just give me some receivers that aren't Dressler and Denmark.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

... assuming Walker, Zylstra go to NFL. Wouldn't say no to Kamar Jorden or Davaris Daniels either. Hell, just give me some receivers that aren't Dressler and Denmark.

No Demski? Or just not top5?

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

the 5 of ours plus the 2 bolded I agree with.. plus walker or Zylstra if they stay CFL bound..   Not a fan of Bridge or Edwards... Durant would be a nice pickup if Demski can't be convinced to come home..

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gotta have Dressler back...injury prone at this point? Likely....but at the right price, he's a guy you need in the room.

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Gotta have Dressler back...injury prone at this point? Likely....but at the right price, he's a guy you need in the room.

Dressler is the type of guy who embodies what this team is about. There’s no question that we need him on the team still.

With that  being said, I agree that he needs a haircut on his paycheque and should slide into that WR3 role.

54 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Funny thing was, he was hitting the endzone like crazy early last year ... then he just stopped getting targets.  It happened so suddenly, I wonder if he was playing through an injury?

He never really played that well. He just happened to catch two touchdowns apiece in games against Sask and Montreal in the middle third of the season.
He struggled mightily for the first six and back six, while producing adequately to above average for the middle six.
First six games
12/154 2TDS
Middle  six
32/329/4TDS
Last seven including the playoff game 
16/145 1TD(with 6/63 coming in one game against Hamilton... he put up 10/82 in the other six games combined)
Total - 60/628/TDS
Per game average - 3.16 catches/33.1 yards a game. Production akin to that of a fifth Canadian receiver.

Denmark played poorly all year sans those middle six games. When we needed him to step up, following the Darvin,  injury he was no where to be seen. Many on this site were defending him prior to the playoffs, but as I was saying for the last little bit of the year, he played like a man with nothing left in the tank. I can't imagine him playing another game in the CFL.

Edited by Blueandgold

7 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Its interesting that all the free agents signed since the end of the season have been on offence or special teams. Not one defensive player.

Does it mean anything?   Are the players waiting to see who the DC will be?  Hall or someone else?  or is the team looking to make wholesale changes on defence?

Or they need to see who the new DC wants

39 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

An under the radar free agent I'd like us to consider is Reggie Begelton. Big receiver who looked decent when he got a chance to play. See if he can't be our next Darvin Adams type of find.

who?  was he on a roster this year, name is unfamiliar..

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

He never really played that well. He just happened to catch two touchdowns apiece in games against Sask and Montreal in the middle third of the season.
He struggled mightily for the first six and back six, while producing adequately to above average for the middle six.
First six games
12/154 2TDS
Middle  six
32/329/4TDS
Last seven including the playoff game 
16/145 1TD(with 6/63 coming in one game against Hamilton... he put up 10/82 in the other six games combined)
Total - 60/628/TDS
Per game average - 3.16 catches/33.1 yards a game. Production akin to that of a fifth Canadian receiver.

Thanks for breaking that down. I'd put his middle third at pretty good for a WR2/3, that's a 100-catch / 1000-yard pace in those six games.  But then he just utteryly disappeared in the crunch time and it was so sudden that I gotta wonder if something else was going on.

Funny thing about Denny's 2017 stats vs his career year in 2014 ... he had about the same number of catches in both years (60 vs 65) but his YPC was way, way down in 2017, even during his good middle six.  It seems like Lapo wasn't sending him downfield much -- Dressler and Adams and their injury replacements got all those throws.  So I gotta wonder if he's a victim of the Lapo offence?

15 hours ago, tracker said:

When Medlock was interviewed, he said something to the effect that he was looking forward to coming back healthy. There may have been an injury at play in his slump.

Sounded like it may have had to do with having a new kid.  He made a comment about being tired at the start of the season (ie. not getting much sleep with a new baby in the house).  I do think that he also had some sort of nagging injury going on through his slump... though his punting looked ok, it seemed like he was wincing in pain on almost every kick through that time.

11 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Will be interesting to see which players wait until free agency actually opens.  There could be quite a few impact receivers out there to take a look at...or there could be very few.

I think with the market being as flooded as it is, we should be able to land 1 or 2 legit WRs to push our guys..  Denmark, I think is long in the teeth and needs a replacement at this point... Dressler, if back, can bump down the depth chart and we can land 1-2 guys to battle for 2a-b if all goes according to plan. 

12 minutes ago, Sard said:

Sounded like it may have had to do with having a new kid.  He made a comment about being tired at the start of the season (ie. not getting much sleep with a new baby in the house).  I do think that he also had some sort of nagging injury going on through his slump... though his punting looked ok, it seemed like he was wincing in pain on almost every kick through that time.

Mike and I were talking on Twitter at one point during the season and commenting that he looked out of shape.....like he had gained a fair bit of weight. Not sure if true or not, but it *appeared* so, and you wonder if that had anything to do with anything...

On offense we really need to just add one impact big bodied receiver and if can resign Dressler for a mutually pleasing contract for both sides use him as the 3rd option and not the center piece to the offense...unless the game allows for it.

We know we are set with Harris and Flanders...Adams is a lock and proven stud...for how we use the Canadian receiver again we are set with Coates and Drew developing behind him so no need to go spend big free-agent bucks there...Givens if back, and a full camp and reps may surprise and I am gonna go on record and say that White who we brought in late may turn into our find of the year.

Feoli is nice depth, but getting older and I think not needed if Coates can continue what he did and Drew W progresses as most think he will...he may be a dark horse impact Canadian in the making