Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Or if they waiting to name that new DC first. 

If Walters believes in the talent, he won't care what the DC thinks.

I think they're working towards a few deals but are trying to figure out the market to determine the right price. I bet once they get Randle signed (top priority), they'll get the others too.

I know I don't post here much but I have to comment on what I just heard.

Listening to the media conference call with Weston Dressler,  Paul Friesen just asked him "With only 11 games played last year and 32 years old were you at all afraid that no one was going to call?"

WHAT A "FIRETRUCKING" D'BAG!!!  I remember Paul from his days covering Bison U Sports in the late 80's/ early 90's and it is truly disappointing what a scum reporter he has become.

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The @winnipegsun has learned offensive lineman @tbond252 is not likely to sign a new deal, which would mean he’ll hit the open market in February. - @friesensunmedia #CFL #Bombers

Not huge news, as we already suspected this, but still.....

sucks but it is what it is..  I don't think we could afford 2 americans at close to 200k and Bond would (should) command something close to that.. he was pretty freakin' dominant.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Too early to make that claim, IMO. Time will tell if the Bombers end up "lucky" to lose bond to another CFL team.

It matters not what will happen once Bond departs. The Bombers have been positioning themselves to be able to go in this direction. They've drafted o-lineman after o-lineman  to achieve a better ratio. That is huge. Keeping Bryant was paramount. And Hardrick and Foketi. But now we can benefit from the patience shown in the drafting.

We’re “lucky” because we have plenty of FAs to look after...with few replacements. We need to keep some of those. We don’t have to keep Bond..as much as we’d like to, but the raise necessary for him can go to keep a Randle for instance. 

We might get a “Bond”, in another position, that will suit us better. Roster management,. That’s what it’s all about.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

I didn't realize that visiting a sick co-worker/friend in hospital was an "incredible move".  I thought that was what people do.  Sad that doing the right thing is now a big deal.

It's hilarious that we hold professional athletes to such high standards on the field/court/rink/ etc, but when it comes to their humanity, any common gesture is viewed as over and above.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

I didn't realize that visiting a sick co-worker/friend in hospital was an "incredible move".  I thought that was what people do.  Sad that doing the right thing is now a big deal.

It is elevated somewhat when you have to hop a plane and fly half way around the country out of your own pocket to do it. Ever visit a sick co-worker in Vancouver? Bet if you did that people would say that it was a very generous, heck maybe even incredible, move.

18 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

It is elevated somewhat when you have to hop a plane and fly half way around the country out of your own pocket to do it. Ever visit a sick co-worker in Vancouver? Bet if you did that people would say that it was a very generous, heck maybe even incredible, move.

You know, travelling long distances to visit someone one cares about isn't as rare a thing as you might think, but it's a lot more common when you have the means, that I'll grant you.  By the way, I'm not suggesting that Dressler isn't a good guy for doing this, I'm quite sure he is.  I just find it sad when we celebrate simple humanity.  It doesn't seem all that long ago that it was more of a given than an event.

A lot of news nowadays is about sensational headlines, #fakenews, mass shootings, sexual misconduct, and a lot of things that tend to have a negative spin.  Main stream news anyway ... sports news is more about well sports news.

I find it refreshing when we get the odd feel good story thrown in.  As you suggest, I think this type of stuff happens more often than not, but what is wrong with celebrating that?    Celebrating simple humanity should happen more often than it does to remind everyone that in general, there are more "good" people out there than scumbags.