Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I didn't realize that visiting a sick co-worker/friend in hospital was an "incredible move".  I thought that was what people do.  Sad that doing the right thing is now a big deal.

If only we could all live up to your moral standards.  Oh well, I'm sure you'll be there to judge us when we don't.

im kinda confused as to why anyone would take umbrage with the fact that Dressler going to visit him was news worthy... Slow news day and an impressive move by a guy to go see someone who really isn't probably in their close circle of friends, on their own dime. 

people really getting testy around here.  we need a group hug or something...

35 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

im kinda confused as to why anyone would take umbrage with the fact that Dressler going to visit him was news worthy... Slow news day and an impressive move by a guy to go see someone who really isn't probably in their close circle of friends, on their own dime. 

people really getting testy around here.  we need a group hug or something...

Don't hold your breath.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Did Spooner ever re-sign?  

Moving Chungh to LG and Couture into RG  is probably the move that makes the most sense - just hoping they are not relying on Neufeld for anything more than a 6th OL

How does moving 2 pieces around seem like a good idea? Especially when 1) Chungh has played very well at RG, 2) he has a good thing going with Hardrick, and 3) Neuf played LG just fine. Even if you don't have Neuf in there, why not just put Couture into the LG spot? Less moving disruption of what has been working just fine.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

How does moving 2 pieces around seem like a good idea? Especially when 1) Chungh has played very well at RG, 2) he has a good thing going with Hardrick, and 3) Neuf played LG just fine. Even if you don't have Neuf in there, why not just put Couture into the LG spot? Less moving disruption of what has been working just fine.

IMO you want your best interior lineman at LG and that would be Chungh

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

You know, travelling long distances to visit someone one cares about isn't as rare a thing as you might think, but it's a lot more common when you have the means, that I'll grant you.  By the way, I'm not suggesting that Dressler isn't a good guy for doing this, I'm quite sure he is.  I just find it sad when we celebrate simple humanity.  It doesn't seem all that long ago that it was more of a given than an event.

Not much of a celebration really, no cake or medals awarded, no speeches or pronouncements, simply a photo from a common cell phone and a tweet of the visit which is pretty much standard fare these days.  Your offence sensitivity meter seems to need fixin, damn Donald has put everything out of whack.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

59 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not much of a celebration really, no cake or medals awarded, no speeches or pronouncements, simply a photo from a common cell phone and a tweet of the visit which is pretty much standard fare these days.  Your offence sensitivity meter seems to need fixin, damn Donald has put everything out of whack.

Actually, having a picture published describing what you are doing as "an incredible move" is exactly what someone like Donald would do.  Different generations, different understandings I guess. 

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Did Spooner ever re-sign?  

Moving Chungh to LG and Couture into RG  is probably the move that makes the most sense - just hoping they are not relying on Neufeld for anything more than a 6th OL

Tait mentioned in one of his articles in bluebombers.com that Spooner will be back.  I think its the article re breakdown of Bombers FA.

As Walters mentioned since Spooner ended in PR, they have 18 days after GC to resign him. If not teams ,are free to scoop him. I think the 18 days ended last Fri, but so far no teams have signed him yet.

Maybe  he already signed the contract but not announced yet.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Actually, having a picture published describing what you are doing as "an incredible move" is exactly what someone like Donald would do.  Different generations, different understandings I guess. 

Smith took the picture and posted it not Dressler

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

So your working theory is Weston Dressler and his wife went to the hospital and took this picture with a friend/colleague... then forwarded the picture to Arash Madani... told him to make it public and call it an incredible move... all to bolster his suffering public image... I don't see any flaws....  ;)

46 minutes ago, bearpants said:

So your working theory is Weston Dressler and his wife went to the hospital and took this picture with a friend/colleague... then forwarded the picture to Arash Madani... told him to make it public and call it an incredible move... all to bolster his suffering public image... I don't see any flaws....  ;)

Actually, no.  I have no doubt that Dressler is not "doing a Trump".  I really doubt that he's that sort of person whatsoever.  I'm simply lamenting the fact that  simple humanity is now a  seen by some (like Madani) to be a point of celebration.  Feel free to bash away.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Actually, no.  I have no doubt that Dressler is not "doing a Trump".  I really doubt that he's that sort of person whatsoever.  I'm simply lamenting the fact that  simple humanity is now a  seen by some (like Madani) to be a point of celebration.  Feel free to bash away.

It's just revisionist history to suggest we're less humane now. Everyone pines for the "good 'ol days" that never existed the way someone remembers them.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's just revisionist history to suggest we're less humane now. Everyone pines for the "good 'ol days" that never existed the way someone remembers them.

There's something ironic about people Trump's age lamenting that there is something wrong with the younger generation.

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

And she looks like she's carrying a passenger, too. 

On 12/20/2017 at 1:29 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

Tait mentioned in one of his articles in bluebombers.com that Spooner will be back.  I think its the article re breakdown of Bombers FA.

As Walters mentioned since Spooner ended in PR, they have 18 days after GC to resign him. If not teams ,are free to scoop him. I think the 18 days ended last Fri, but so far no teams have signed him yet.

Maybe  he already signed the contract but not announced yet.

Pretty much. Though last year we heard some guys would be back that did not come back, I would be shocked if spooner wasnt in camp.

Couture is under sized for tackle, moving him to guard isnt a good idea. The more likely move if we wanted to get him in would be hardrick to bonds guard spot and couture to RT. I could see foketi sliding in at guard, though Id rather go NI to fill bonds spot. 

39 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I like the Foketi signing. OL Continuity and options which is nice, especially for us who recall leaner times in that area.

Its hard to remember none lean time on the OL other then what we have built now. :lol:

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Doug Brown speculating, Richie Hall stays and we've seen the last of Heath, Bond, Westerman and Wild in B&G.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/all-hail-hall-its-a-sure-bet-hell-be-back-with-big-blue-466531723.html

Bond and either Heath or Westerman would be nice to have back. 

JSK has adequately replaced Wild at this point,