Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

42 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Westerman will be 33 and coming off an injury that could potentially affect him long-term.  I like him and he was a huge addition when we got him but I'd be really careful about how much we are willing to spend.

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...the age difference, and the ability of both Ogopogo and Jeffcoat, make me think I'd rather keep Thomas over Busterman, if it was one or the other...

:(

Give me just one more year with Westerman. Even if it's on a rotational basis, with the 'kids' getting a lot more reps. I like Westerman as a leader and (hopefully) a teacher.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

From his perspective as a prime Natl. DE, I can't see why he would accept a discount after putting in two solid years of service and establishing himself as a team leader. 

Agreed - he can probably find work elsewhere.  The impact his injury had on the team cannot be overstated. 

Not sure where to post this, but: 

Jeff Hamilton
@jeffkhamilton
Hearing buzz that the #Bombers are about to add another member to their scouting staff. Stay tuned. #wfp

*edit*

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/12/29/bombers-add-ryan-rigmaiden-scouting-staff/

WINNIPEG, MB., December 29, 2017 –  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the organization has named Ryan Rigmaiden a National Scout. Rigmaiden joins the Bombers after spending the past six seasons with the BC Lions, and the last four as the club’s Director of U.S. Scouting.

“We’re very pleased to add Ryan’s experience to our scouting staff,” said Blue Bombers General Manager Kyle Walters. “He has helped the Lions find some quality football players in the past number of seasons, and has an extensive history of finding football talent. I’m looking forward to working with him and adding him to our group.”

Rigmaiden previously held the position of director of player personnel for the Arena Football League’s Spokane Shock in 2007 and was promoted to General Manager in 2010.

Rigmaiden’s keen eye for talented players resulted in an 88-31 record for the Shock during his time there including three league championship appearances and two titles in 2009 and 2010.

Rigmaiden makes North Carolina his home, and in addition to his college and pro scouting, also coordinates the efforts of regional scouts.

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This appears to be a very good hiring by the WFC.

Here's an article from June regarding Rigmaiden's role with the Lions (Director of US Scouting): http://www.pressreader.com/canada/the-province/20170621/282256665494367

I wonder if Rigmaiden was involved in drafting linebackers for the lions? 

I doubt he signed for big time money, and probably took a bit of a cut. 

I remember Walters saying in his end of year press conference that Wild came to him and said he really wanted to come back, whatever it would take. He said he started here when the team was crap, and wanted to see it through.  

Actually if anything a good depth signing...and we generally use an extra import on the roster to sub in and on teams and he could fit that role very well, if he doesn't "earn" a starting spot...also we don't know if Legget will be available to start the season but my gut says he will be. 

We also did...and may migrate to a lot more 3-4 sets with a change in philosophy and he would slot in nicely there too...none the less he is great on teams...a leader...can long snap and leads by example too...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Actually if anything a good depth signing...and we generally use an extra import on the roster to sub in and on teams and he could fit that role very well, if he doesn't "earn" a starting spot...also we don't know if Legget will be available to start the season but my gut says he will be. 

We also did...and may migrate to a lot more 3-4 sets with a change in philosophy and he would slot in nicely there too...none the less he is great on teams...a leader...can long snap and leads by example too...

Wild and Leggett are in the same boat, both are great when healthy but the last few seasons their participation has been sketchy.  There's not going to be much loose change left in the kitty when F.A. opens.

Leggett hasn't been sketchy games wise...played in  16 games..17 games..17 games and 13 games last year. Can't ask for much more than that playing the position he does which is one of the more physical ones on defense where you are involved in a lot of contact.

Also I think for most of the signings so far the majority of the increases went toward the 2017 SMS...so most likely there will be a fair amount left over for free-agency.

Also salaries from perhaps JFG..Hurl..Thomas..Bond will be off the books moving forward and the amounts above minimum can be relocated elsewhere