Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Leggett hasn't been sketchy games wise...played in  16 games..17 games..17 games and 13 games last year. Can't ask for much more than that playing the position he does which is one of the more physical ones on defense where you are involved in a lot of contact.

Also I think for most of the signings so far the majority of the increases went toward the 2017 SMS...so most likely there will be a fair amount left over for free-agency.

Also salaries from perhaps JFG..Hurl..Thomas..Bond will be off the books moving forward and the amounts above minimum can be relocated elsewhere 

Sorry, I thought he missed at least 6 games in 2016, guess that was just Wild.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Also salaries from perhaps JFG..Hurl..Thomas..Bond will be off the books moving forward and the amounts above minimum can be relocated elsewhere 

Unless he's asking for a really big raise, I'd have to think fatboi Thomas is a FA the Bombers will try hard to re-sign.  He has consistently exceeded my expectations.  For a guy rotating in, he's always popping up on the stat sheet in some manner.

Or is Marouf better than I think he is?

14 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Unless he's asking for a really big raise, I'd have to think fatboi Thomas is a FA the Bombers will try hard to re-sign.  He has consistently exceeded my expectations.  For a guy rotating in, he's always popping up on the stat sheet in some manner.

Or is Marouf better than I think he is?

I'm surprised to see Marouf actually taking up a roster spot, thought he was just a project player that nobody else wanted.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I honestly thought (and believed it'd be the right decision) that they'd move on from Wild and roll with JSK in that spot.

Me too to be honest, I thought he was a lock at WIL for next year.. unless..

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder if they move JSK to the middle and have Wild and WIL

this could be a possibility for sure... Or as mentioned, possibly setting up for a 3-4 scheme or reduced role as a backup/STer.. 

Edited by SPuDS

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Any word on Spooner?

He is currently on the roster page.  I'm not sure there is a reason for their to be "word" on him.  There are other guys who finished the season on the PR who do not appear on the roster, and he's not mentioned when potential FA's are listed.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm surprised to see Marouf actually taking up a roster spot, thought he was just a project player that nobody else wanted.

My recollection was his stock dropped during his draft year because he had spent most of that season injured.  He went back and played his final season at Western(?) and came back to the Bombers when the PR expanded in October.  He could be decent.  No one paid any attention to him because he didn't weigh 500 pounds and have BUTCHER as a last name.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

He is currently on the roster page.  I'm not sure there is a reason for their to be "word" on him.  There are other guys who finished the season on the PR who do not appear on the roster, and he's not mentioned when potential FA's are listed.

My recollection was his stock dropped during his draft year because he had spent most of that season injured.  He went back and played his final season at Western(?) and came back to the Bombers when the PR expanded in October.  He could be decent.  No one paid any attention to him because he didn't weigh 500 pounds and have BUTCHER as a last name.

I thought Marouf was the guy that got kicked out of school after one year for academic reasons and the Bombers found him playing in a beer league in S. Ont.?

The following You Tube video is the highlight of his career so far.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I thought Marouf was the guy that got kicked out of school after one year for academic reasons and the Bombers found him playing in a beer league in S. Ont.?

The following You Tube video is the highlight of his career so far.

Meh.  I've done over 400 lbs.  Not all at once but hey, 75lbs X 6 is 450!

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm going to assume he took a cut to come back. And I hope he did, otherwise I think they made a mistake. Decent player when he's on the field. I really like the fact he wanted to come back and try to see it through.

He's better than decent when he's on the field. Wild is a damned good player, the only problem for him has been staying healthy, and if he's getting paid a smaller amount then at worst he's great depth. 

45 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It all depends on the $. Good player but not on a high salary and his injury history worries me.

I just don't see how a guy who has missed so much time can ask for and get a big salary. Especially from Kyle Walters who is ruthless about ditching veterans he deems are paid too much for what they bring. 

3 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Meh.  I've done over 400 lbs.  Not all at once but hey, 75lbs X 6 is 450!

Marouf is an odd duck- his physique is not like your prototypical d-lineman who is built like a fridge with arms. Marouf looks. ...proportionate. Maybe that's why the Bombers took a flyer on him.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't see how a guy who has missed so much time can ask for and get a big salary. Especially from Kyle Walters who is ruthless about ditching veterans he deems are paid too much for what they bring. 

I'm not sure I've seen enough of that from Walters, Wally does this no question. Then again, I don't know the contract details so its a moo point.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm not sure I've seen enough of that from Walters, Wally does this no question. Then again, I don't know the contract details so its a moo point.

Don't be cowed by that, or you'll have a beef and be steered wrong.  Or it could all be a load of bull and you could wake up with a persistent  calf. Worse yet, you could lose your Bomber Jersey.

Edited by tracker

31 minutes ago, tracker said:

Don't be cowed by that, or you'll have a beef and be steered wrong.  Or it could all be a load of bull and you could wake up with a persistent  calf. Worse yet, you could lose your Bomber Jersey.

Any doubts I had of you being a father have been successfully extinguished. That is dad-level punnery.