Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I bet we see two of Leggett, Randle and Heath sign the day before free agency and the remaining one walks.

I agree.  Will be interesting. I’m thinking Westerman leaves to play with his brother and also expect the Riders to poach one or two of our big name FA

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

Every off-season it feels like there's a 'leak' like this...  Bass 'not a team player' last year, Heath 'freelancing' this year...  

Trouble is that both Leggett and Randle jump as many routes as Heath does - and what team concept are we talking about when there's no safety help

This wasn't a planned leaked as it was already out there.  In the fall Heath and Randle were interviewed and were asked about their relationship.  Randle talked about how he plays a more structured game and Heath mentioned he was more prone to take chances and Randle would compensate for him. They talked about how they have great communication between them so they know what the other is doing.

7 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

This wasn't a planned leaked as it was already out there.  In the fall Heath and Randle were interviewed and were asked about their relationship.  Randle talked about how he plays a more structured game and Heath mentioned he was more prone to take chances and Randle would compensate for him. They talked about how they have great communication between them so they know what the other is doing.

I remember that - I fail to see why it’s now being put forth as an ‘issue.’  #badvibes 

16 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I remember that - I fail to see why it’s now being put forth as an ‘issue.’  #badvibes 

The real issue is money, the rest is just rationalization for moving on from him.  If Randle is earning $140k or more and Heath is earning less than $100k, I can understand him wanting to cash in, he's paid his dues and has earned his pay day.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

7 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You're absolutely right. And I agree completely. I just have a feeling Walters is going to have his work cut out re-signing the tandem of Heath and Randle. That being said, I don't think the signings of Wild, Neufeld, or Foketi affect those negotiations in any significant way.

You forgot Bryant (easily a core signing) and Medlock, though. ;)

Funny how it’s easy to take the offence for granted now... it’s like bizarro bomberland

Edited by Floyd

Just now, Blueandgold said:

If Ekakitie is going to be anything for us, he needs be able to start this year. 

not true. I'd like to see him rotate in if hes ready otherwise another year as a backup wouldn't be a horrible thing.  You can't rush a player "just because"  when he was drafted, he was considered almost pro-ready but I don't think he was aware of how much a grind this league is.    If he regresses then I'd like to see him moved but if he progresses then I'm happy.  No need to give the kid ultimatums in his second season..

4 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

If Ekakitie is going to be anything for us, he needs be able to start this year. 

Another reason why the Nevis re-signing is strange...  Johnson must be at league minimum and he's still under contract

You'd think Thomas/Ekakitie would be pencilled in beside him with Corney/Westerman on the end

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

So what's the story with Westerman?  I haven't seen anywhere that he's re upped for 2018.   Has he become too expensive?  

Anyone have some intel?   

I haven't heard anything but I would guess he is looking to be paid as top 3 DE in the league but with his age and coming off an injury I can understand why we may not want to pay that.  I think the two sides figure it out and make a deal at the last minute before FA.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

That's some serious brotherly love if he signs with Montreal...

Yah, I'm thinking he couldn't love his brother nearly enough to make ending his career with the Als a worthwhile experience.  Montreal is a great city but everything associated with the Als is near or at the bottom of the league.  Success is nowhere in sight, roster is in shambles, management is clueless and their facilities are  probably the worst in the league.