Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

6 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Harris, Nuefeld, Chung, Goosen, NI Receiver, Ekakatie/Thomas, Loffler....  That's 7.

This would be okay, maybe about average.  I would prefer:

O - Harris, Chungh, Goosen, young NI OL, Feoli Gudino/Coates

D - Westerman/Corney, Loffler

Rotate: Thomas, Ekakatie

They do have the option of keeping Bond and rotating Thomas / Ekakatie as the 7th NI

It comes down to which option they feel is more valuable

16 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yah, I'm thinking he couldn't love his brother nearly enough to make ending his career with the Als a worthwhile experience.  Montreal is a great city but everything associated with the Als is near or at the bottom of the league.  Success is nowhere in sight, roster is in shambles, management is clueless and their facilities are  probably the worst in the league.

but other than that...

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You can have Thomas start and not play a majority of the reps. I honestly think people around here think that starters play every snap of the game... 

If hes starting tho.. You are weakening your team... 3 OL Harris Receiver Loffler DE. No need for Thomas to even pretend to start . yeah he can rotate. 

24 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Yes?  Who's the Canadian DT that rotates with him - taking the majority of the reps? 

Hopefully Ekakatie can take more snaps.  You could have a pretty good interior rotation with Ekakatie/Nevis at nose, Poop/Thomas at DT if Ekakatie is up to it.  

Then you have Corney to take 30ish snaps at end as well.  If Westerman is back you have another starter between him and Corney, likely rotating with a couple American ends.

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hopefully Ekakatie can take more snaps.  You could have a pretty good interior rotation with Ekakatie/Nevis at nose, Poop/Thomas at DT if Ekakatie is up to it.  

Then you have Corney to take 30ish snaps at end as well.  If Westerman is back you have another starter between him and Corney, likely rotating with a couple American ends.

That should work as long as Poop & Nevis are never on the field at the same time

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, Colin Unger said:

Harris, Nuefeld, Chung, Goosen, NI Receiver, Ekakatie/Thomas, Loffler....  That's 7.

The problem with that is ekakatie has done nothing. He is a lot further behind then trent corney was after his first year. Neufeld cant stay healthy and is a turn stile more often then he is serviceable. Last year in which he rode the pine for 90% of the season was the first time hes dressed in 18 games. 

And if those two are the starters, what happens if one of them gets hurt? Atleast we have some young ni talent worth developing at OL. If we start our two ni dts (shunning the best DT we've had since doug brown) we are back to mack era NI issues when/if one misses time. Thomas was our 3rd best DT last year, but hes going to be the key stone. 

On 1/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, Noeller said:

Would be an appropriate amount of seasoning for Corney by now... Should be about ready to start or at least take on a bigger role.... 

Yes and no. Hes had a decent amount of reps. But he hasnt been put in as a starter and known he is gonna play the game. No matter if he makes mistakes or excels. Thats a big difference. 

Is he ready for a larger role? I fully believe it. Why isnt he in that role already? ogopogo, westerman, and jeffcoat. That is like being the no 3 qb behind tom brady AND peyton manning. Good luck stealing reps. That said if he comes back any larger (like the previous years) he is gonna pretty much have to slide in side to DT. 

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Free Agents as of February 3, 2018

r0AWQyQ.png

A lot of names on that list of guys who have been productive players in the league. But have question marks. Gonna be a good year for gambling. 

Fajardo wasnt re signed? I sure would love to have him groomed behind nichols n durant. 

I want a solid hb to replace heath... a disciplined one who isnt so concerned about padding stats, like Jamar Wall, and a MLB. Maybe Reed or Dean. A reciever with some wheels would be good... and Demski... all this said, Walters is going to do what ever he wants... we will see what it is when the time comes

Edited by James

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The problem with that is ekakatie has done nothing. He is a lot further behind then trent corney was after his first year. Neufeld cant stay healthy and is a turn stile more often then he is serviceable. Last year in which he rode the pine for 90% of the season was the first time hes dressed in 18 games. 

And if those two are the starters, what happens if one of them gets hurt? Atleast we have some young ni talent worth developing at OL. If we start our two ni dts (shunning the best DT we've had since doug brown) we are back to mack era NI issues when/if one misses time. Thomas was our 3rd best DT last year, but hes going to be the key stone. 

What we are looking at on the defensive line as it stands right now is that there will be on Canadian on the field at all times.  In terms of Ekakitie.... having a full season of pro football under his belt and going home and training all offseason and then coming back to camp knowing what he needs to do to make a larger impact can make a pretty big difference over him coming in as a raw rookie. But between him, Corney, and Thomas or somebody else we might sign in free agency we can have a Canadian on the field at all times. In terms of Neufeld I'm not concerned with his level of play at guard.  He's on an offensive line which features pretty good teammates.  I would calculate for Chung and Goosen to continue to grow and improve. My concern with him is his inability to play 18 games. However, since I believe that Couture is ready to begin facing the challenge of being a starter I'm not worried about the situation. I'd like to see us pick up some sort of veteran Canadian backup to compete in training camp until we know we we've got. However, its going to be difficult to find the room once we draft another offensive lineman this year to add to the backup core of Couture, Speller, and Spooner. 

The thing we need to keep in mind is that the draft hasn't happened yet and free-agency hasn't happened yet. I'm expecting the bombers to sign at least two additional Canadian options. Another defensive lineman and hopefully a receiver like Demski who could allow us to start two Canadians in the receiving core should injuries dictate that. We should re-engage this conversation once we know who is all coming to training camp.