Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I like the Foketi signing. OL Continuity and options which is nice, especially for us who recall leaner times in that area.

I wonder if they promised Foketi some playing time to get him to re-sign or if he's just happy to be on the payroll and willing to wait for an opportunity.  Either way, great to have him back.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Doug Brown speculating, Richie Hall stays and we've seen the last of Heath, Bond, Westerman and Wild in B&G.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/all-hail-hall-its-a-sure-bet-hell-be-back-with-big-blue-466531723.html

If that happens, it's stupid. Plain freaking stupid.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If that happens, it's stupid. Plain freaking stupid.

My first reaction would not have been allowed in this forum. We can learn to live without Bond, but I do not believe we can live with Hall. If Dougie is correct (and his batting average is pretty good), we have another year of misery to look forward to.  Sorry, that should have read "to dread". Fornication.

21 minutes ago, tracker said:

My first reaction would not have been allowed in this forum. We can learn to live without Bond, but I do not believe we can live with Hall. If Dougie is correct (and his batting average is pretty good), we have another year of misery to look forward to.  Sorry, that should have read "to dread". Fornication.

With Hall, it'll be another wasted year with his stupid schemes & player combos. Why the **** do we have a GM?  If O'Shea doesn't want to make a move then Walters should step in & do it for him. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With Hall, it'll be another wasted year with his stupid schemes & player combos. Why the **** do we have a GM?  If O'Shea doesn't want to make a move then Walters should step in & do it for him. 

If the GM is good at what he does, he lets the HC be the HC.  If he's a bonehead, he steps in and mettles.  I think Walters is a little too smart to do that.  If O'Shea really believes that Hall is the best option, then the HC should have who the HC wants.  Everyone involved knows that more is required this coming year.  If O'Shea wants to roll with Hall, he knows what happens if things don't work out.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

If the GM is good at what he does, he lets the HC be the HC.  If he's a bonehead, he steps in and mettles.  I think Walters is a little too smart to do that.  If O'Shea really believes that Hall is the best option, then the HC should have who the HC wants.  Everyone involved knows that more is required this coming year.  If O'Shea wants to roll with Hall, he knows what happens if things don't work out.

If there's one thing Hall has shown with his defense is that it's consistent on a yearly basis. Consistently putrid. It's what is dragging theBombers down & the reason other teams will have passed us next season. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If there's one thing Hall has shown with his defense is that it's consistent on a yearly basis. Consistently putrid. It's what is dragging theBombers down & the reason other teams will have passed us next season. 

Even if that is all true, the GM would be an idiot to meddle.  You hire a HC to be the HC.  If you don't trust him to do what's right for the team, you don't overide him, you fire him.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I would like to believe that O'Shea is not so rigid in his thinking that he is willing to tie his fate to Hall's and go down with him, but he wouldn't be the first smart coach to make dumb decisions. 

Then O'Shea will go down for this decision if his defense sucks again in 2018. The bar's been raised. No longer is it okay just to make the playoffs & lose. Expectations are that we should win a Grey Cup. If our defense gives up large chunks of real estate against both the pass & run next year, if Hurl is a starter again & we lose in the playoffs there'll be a good chance our HC will be gone. Just because he's stubborn about Hall. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then O'Shea will go down for this decision if his defense sucks again in 2018. The bar's been raised. No longer is it okay just to make the playoffs & lose. Expectations are that we should win a Grey Cup. If our defense gives up large chunks of real estate against both the pass & run next year, if Hurl is a starter again & we lose in the playoffs there'll be a good chance our HC will be gone. Just because he's stubborn about Hall. 

I believe O'Shea will be back if they win a playoff game next year and he will be gone if they don't.

Everything else doesn't really matter and won't factor into the decision.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I believe O'Shea will be back if they win a playoff game next year and he will be gone if they don't.

Everything else doesn't really matter and won't factor into the decision.

I suspect that the more probable scenario might be that if Hall is returned and the team defence continues to give up the big plays, Hall and maybe even O'Shea will be gone by Labour Day, replaced by God knows who.

24 minutes ago, tracker said:

I suspect that the more probable scenario might be that if Hall is returned and the team defence continues to give up the big plays, Hall and maybe even O'Shea will be gone by Labour Day, replaced by God knows who.

Not Oshea, but Hall for sure. Likely replaced by Oshea and another coach already on staff.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Not if the team is winning.  Let's not forget we've gone 23-13 over the past two seasons even with the porous defence.  No one gets fired mid season if we're winning.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

That would stop the runs up the middle and the 5-8 yard passes but the problem of the explosive 20-30 pass completions remains,

I guess it could be argued that the lack of a true MLB led to players being out of position due to trying to compensate and that such an addition would reduce those explosive plays.

17 hours ago, Atomic said:

Not if the team is winning.  Let's not forget we've gone 23-13 over the past two seasons even with the porous defence.  No one gets fired mid season if we're winning.

I am not so sure. We've been through two very similar seasons in a row where the team did ok during the regular season only to be let down by the defence in the first round of the playoffs. Next year has to be different.