Bombers Re-sign Neufeld and Hardrick

TrueBlue

WINNIPEG, MB., November 16, 2017 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has re-signed national offensive lineman Patrick Neufeld, and International offensive lineman Jermarcus Hardrick. Both were pending free agents.

Neufeld has signed a two-year extension after spending the past four seasons in Winnipeg. The seven-year CFL vet was originally acquired in a trade with Saskatchewan in 2013, and has played in 82 career games. He started the final two regular season games at left guard, as well as the Western Semi-Final.

“Without question, I’m really grateful to be returning to the Blue Bombers,“ said Neufeld. “As an offensive line group, we all believe we are just scratching the surface of what we can accomplish, and to be coming back to play for Coach O’Shea and Coach Marty, honestly, I could not ask for anything more. Wade and Kyle have built such a desirable franchise here, and to continue to be a part of that is beyond exciting.”

Hardrick has signed a one-year extension after being named a West-Division All-Star in 2017. He started all 18 games this season at right tackle, and 16 the year before, after signing as a free agent heading into the 2016 season. The Nebraska Cornhuskers product will be entering his fifth CFL season in 2018.

“I’m having the most fun of my life playing football right now,” Hardrick said. “This is one big family, and the fans of the Bombers have been so amazing to me and my family. I’m just really excited and grateful for today and the opportunity the Bombers have given me.”

Excellent. 

I can envision the Offensive side of the ball shaping up very nicely for 2018. Coates, breaking out like he has, Wolitarsky, positioning to become a valuable NI receiver and of course, Feoli-Gudino. Adams, Dressler and another yet unnamed receiver, with our QB’ing and we are set. 

Yes, even with the lapoloosa of a OC that we have...?

It seems a bit strange that Bond may be the only Bomber player to leave for a shot at the NFL this year as there are usually a few.  I guess they would let Jeffcoat go if he requested but I think most who could, have already taken their shot and have given up.  Santos Knox is a bit of anomaly in terms of size and skill, I wouldn't be surprised if he gives the NFL another shot down the road.

These early signings bode well for 2018 signings too...Undoubtedly 2017 cap money is left to use as the upfront bonus money paid this year, to offset as much being on 2018 budget...and I would think thee is still ore to use in this manner.

Both good signings and I think Bryant announcement is just a mere formality to be honest...continuity on the O-line will go a long way, and Neufeld age and experience wise is just hitting O-lineman prime years. If he has put the injury issues behind him this is huge as he is better than most on this board actually think..or know..and is a huge ratio swing for the Bombers. Solid Canadian depth behind as well with Couture and Spooner, as well as Gray as he will be here at some point and my guess is sooner than later

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

These early signings bode well for 2018 signings too...Undoubtedly 2017 cap money is left to use as the upfront bonus money paid this year, to offset as much being on 2018 budget...and I would think thee is still ore to use in this manner.

Both good signings and I think Bryant announcement is just a mere formality to be honest...continuity on the O-line will go a long way, and Neufeld age and experience wise is just hitting O-lineman prime years. If he has put the injury issues behind him this is huge as he is better than most on this board actually think..or know..and is a huge ratio swing for the Bombers. Solid Canadian depth behind as well with Couture and Spooner, as well as Gray as he will be here at some point and my guess is sooner than later

I think you're right about Gray, seems like the kind of guy that wants to play a few years of pro football in front of family and friends before settling down and pursuing his engineering career.  He's not like these other draft picks we've been waiting on forever that are strictly chasing the highest dollar and I think Walters knew that when he drafted him.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Agreed...I truly think he will do his one year of bouncing around and if year 2 looks to be more of the same with no real solid chance or commitment $$ wise pretty sure you will see him sign in time for TC here and most likely after the CFL draft when the  NFL teams are done thee mini-camps and OTA workouts

Both Hardrick and Neufeld have said in the past that they love the city and the organization.   Their was very little doubts of these guys coming back to the club. 

Bauming mentioned that the o-line did not see a drop in play when Bond went out with injury,  this is why he believed they would move on from him and plug in Neufeld.