Bombers Re-sign Neufeld and Hardrick

TrueBlue

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there is absolutely zero reason to not love both these signings. To be angry about Neufeld re-signing for any reason, is just ridiculous and petty.

Bingo, we let our OL fall in disarray once before in the Joe Mack era and it caused a bevy of problems that mostly didn't get fixed until 2016.  We got a QB now who we gotta keep protected at all costs, and it seems Walters knows this quite well.

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I know I've said this a few times, but F*** (!!) I love The Trinity....

its pretty nuts really... the attitude towards the bombers across the league and from what i'd gather down south to potential players drastically changed in the last 3-4 years.  They have truly changed the view of our team in my opinion.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Shouldn't we check with TBurg before saying that?

Only cuz you asked...

Hardrick - Excellent signing. Part of the heart and soul of our O line.

Neufeld - Perennial backup who has started 3(?) games in the last 2 years. Pretty good when he's healthy, but has been injured every(?) season that he was a starter.  I'd guess he's one of those guys who lined up looking for a contract at Walters door. I hope we didn't pay him a bunch and I hope that one of the younger, cheaper, guys beats him out for his 6th O line spot next year.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think you're right about Gray, seems like the kind of guy that wants to play a few years of pro football in front of family and friends before settling down and pursuing his engineering career.  He's not like these other draft picks we've been waiting on forever that are strictly chasing the highest dollar and I think Walters knew that when he drafted him.

Gray doesn’t love football and he absolutely is going to chase the highest dollar .

He’s going to make as much money as he can and quit. I wouldn’t say with 100% certainty that he ever plays in the CFL, and that if he does, he will long term.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I'm not excited about Neufeld - less room for spooner and couture

big meh on these two signings - if they're cheap great if not whatevs

Maybe Spooner isn't ready?  He could need another year on the PR before making the jump (but i'd hope we pay him better then PR minimum) and If Neufeld or Couture are starting... then how would that make less room for him?  one starts, one backs up.. hell having Spooner and Couture for depth may not be a bad thing at all considering we would want to have  a guard as a backup (couture if Neufie starts) or as a tackle (if couture starts, Neufie can backup both tackle and guard)

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

its pretty nuts really... the attitude towards the bombers across the league and from what i'd gather down south to potential players drastically changed in the last 3-4 years.  They have truly changed the view of our team in my opinion.

A huge difference is having a guy like Andrew Harris on the team and having a couple guys on the team that live here year round such as Mo Leggett and now Hardrick. Gives the players who are unfamiliar with the city a better sense of what the team means to the people who live here and help create stronger bonds between the team and community.

52 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Maybe Spooner isn't ready?  He could need another year on the PR before making the jump (but i'd hope we pay him better then PR minimum) and If Neufeld or Couture are starting... then how would that make less room for him?  one starts, one backs up.. hell having Spooner and Couture for depth may not be a bad thing at all considering we would want to have  a guard as a backup (couture if Neufie starts) or as a tackle (if couture starts, Neufie can backup both tackle and guard)

He may not be. Couture is as ready as newfie is good at worst though. Dont think he has the size to play guard in a strong/man blocking scheme though. Didnt hardrick also struggle at guard before the switch to tackle? idr. 

NI ol arent often ready to perform when they start. They are often forced into it by injuries, or are ready enough to sink or swim. Chung wasnt allstar quality day one, maybe not league average for a guard either. But he was worth taking some bumps to allow him to progress to that level.