GM Kyle Walters | Wrapping Up 2017

blue_gold_84

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Need a MLB. Need better receivers. Hopefully bigger & more physical. Have to keep our offensive line together. Need better backup qbs. Need a new DC. 

I think weve seen the end of hurl starting at MLBer. I hope we get a real no1 threat vet wr. I think our OL will be good. Even when bond leaves. Better back up qbs x1million. Dont think we will see hall canned. 

On 11/17/2017 at 5:27 PM, Mark H. said:

Good comments on Medlock. I think the focus should on having a good kicker, not on his passport. 

Too important a position in the cfl to bicker over a pass port.

In theory could we sign brandon bridge, dress him as a kicker but have him as the back up qb, And have medlock listed as qb?  We would essentially gain credit for medlock as a NI and bridge would be usable on the field (option stuff) at the same time as nichols. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If they keep Hall & we have defensive issues again next year then Mike O'Shea should be fired.  I hope that isn't the decision they make but if is, then our HC has to own it. 

You can't be serious. Think about what you're saying.  I can see Hall and Hurl remaining right they are. 

OHMYGOD.gif

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Outside chance that Hall remains. (Almost) no chance that Hurl is our MLB next year...there would be riots in Bomberland

Were we not having almost the same conversation last year at this time? The majority in this forum (not all) wanted both Hall and  Hurl gone yet here they are. I fear that they will both be starting the season next year.

16 minutes ago, tracker said:

You would also see empty stands and Bomber players standing around with their hands on their hips not making eye contact with the coaches.

It cannot have been easy for Hurl either. The guy is solid on STs and as depth - the position he was put in this year was very unfair. 

Unfair....to the fans. You brought the guy in and paid him to be a starter.....you have continually proven that he is not and will never be a legitimate  MLB. Yes again they prove the definition of "crazy".... With the same results.....so what should happen it history does repeat itself......?

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Everybody here talks a big game... Come June, we'll all be fired up and ready to go, no matter who's pencilled in to start at MACK.... 

I think you’re wrong on this one. I know I buckled my chin strap, adjusted my jock strap, and put lots of black shiner around my eyes when it looked like they were serious about Hurl at MLB. 

Maybe, it could work, I said. Maybe, they  know what they’re doing and it will all work out. Nervousness turned to anxiousness, and the anxiety grew after all the “he’s doing what we ask” talk.

It was a complete and utter failure and contributed to a disastrous defence.

Miserable Line Backing is not a Bomber tradition, and cannot be allowed to see the light of day again.

What would I do if I saw him penciled in again? 

I don’t want to think about it..

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I think you’re wrong on this one. I know I buckled my chin strap, adjusted my jock strap, and put lots of black shiner around my eyes when it looked like they were serious about Hurl at MLB. 

Maybe, it could work, I said. Maybe, they  know what they’re doing and it will all work out. Nervousness turned to anxiousness, and the anxiety grew after all the “he’s doing what we ask” talk.

It was a complete and utter failure and contributed to a disastrous defence.

Miserable Line Backing is not a Bomber tradition, and cannot be allowed to see the light of day again.

What would I do if I saw him penciled in again? 

I don’t want to think about it..

The weirdest thing was that our head coach was a linebacker and a damned good one. Very strange. Unless Walters finds us a good MLB I can't help but think we'll see Hurl there again. 

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

The weirdest thing was that our head coach was a linebacker and a damned good one. Very strange. Unless Walters finds us a good MLB I can't help but think we'll see Hurl there again. 

Ya it's super weird that you guys know so much more than him.... 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Oh come on man...  there isn't even an argument that osh and hall didn't completely misjudge hurl 

any other team and hurl would be a laughing stock on this forum... like say shomari Williams

Edited by Floyd

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If you agree with O'Shea that Hurl is our answer at MLB then you are the only one. Why don't you just admit that you're wrong about that and so was O'Shea/Hall.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They can't bring Hurl back as a starter. I keep telling myself that couldn't happen. Could it? 

I don’t believe they intended on him starting this past year, they simply couldn’t find a replacement and the ratio factors allowed us to play an extra import on the DL so it just kind of happened.

this is a recruitment issue, IMO. Not a coaching one.

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don’t believe they intended on him starting this past year, they simply couldn’t find a replacement and the ratio factors allowed us to play an extra import on the DL so it just kind of happened.

this is a recruitment issue, IMO. Not a coaching one.

I disagree. I think that decision was made before TC started to play Hurl. I think it's both a coaching & scouting issue. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27