Saskatchewan @ Toronto

Mr Dee

CFL.ca Staff Game Notes

Lose and you go home...

*Since 1961 (when inter-Division play began) Saskatchewan actually holds an edge playing in Toronto – 26 wins to 21.

(By comparison in Eastern road games, the Riders are 14-24 at Montreal and 18-26 at Hamilton)

*This game pits the CFL’s two best first down teams – Toronto averaged 7.00 yards per play and Saskatchewan was at 6.96.

*One key 2017 difference was in QB Sacks Made – Toronto is tied at #1 with 50, Saskatchewan ranked #8 with 27.

*Saskatchewan swept Toronto in their two-game series in 2017 and have now won the last three times they have played the Argos.

*Saskatchewan won both 2017 meetings despite trailing by deficits of 10 points (Jul 29/17) and 13 points (Oct 7/17).(Saskatchewan outscored Toronto by a combined 38 to 18 in the second half and won after trailing each game at half-time)

*The second half comebacks were led first by Kevin Glenn (Jul 29th) and then on Oct 7th by Brandon Bridge. (Oct 7th: Bridge threw for 292 yards and two TDs off the bench leading five scoring drives in his seven possessions at QB)

*Ricky Ray threw for 300+ yards in both games with five TD passes and 74 per cent completion mark.

*James Wilder was held to 107 yards rushing on 24 carries; the Riders are the last team to keep him under 100 yards.

*Duron Carter had games of 131 & 71 yards with two TD catches and five going for clutch second down conversions.

*S.J. Green had games of 68 & 76 yards with two TD catches and five second down conversions on just 14 total targets.

*FG perfection: Tyler Crapigna made all seven of his FG attempts while Lirim Hajrullahu went five-for-five on his tries.

*Bakari Grant added 200 receiving yards on 12 catches – the most yards he had against any opponent in 2017.

?‍?But for all that, I’m saying it’s Jones vs Trestman, and may the best man win...

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

Sorry gotta go with the Riders on this one. I think all of "Mo" is with them at this point in time. Hate to say it but think a Rider vs. Stamps or Rider vs. Esks Grey Cup is a better match than having the Argos in it.

I agree, although it makes me nauseous to admit it. If the Argos were somehow able to beat the Riders, it would be at least partial compensation for the Bombers choking out.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I agree, although it makes me nauseous to admit it. If the Argos were somehow able to beat the Riders, it would be at least partial compensation for the Bombers choking out.

Ouch! That's a little harsh although it would be painful to watch the Riders run the table and win it all. I'm cheering for whoever is playing the Riders. Go Argos!

29 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

As much as it would pain me to see the Riders win the whole thing, I would love to see Kevin Glenn finally get a Grey Cup ring.

Get out. You are no longer welcome here. 

**** the Riders. I like Glenn well enough, but **** the Riders and their ass hat fans. 70-0 is too good for those pricks. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Get out. You are no longer welcome here. 

**** the Riders. I like Glenn well enough, but **** the Riders and their ass hat fans. 70-0 is too good for those pricks. 

I would sort of like to see Kevin Glenn get a Grey Cup Ring - just too bad it would have to be in Rider Green. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I hope the Argos win this one. I  wouldn't be able to stand Rider fans if they win. 

****. I can't stand most of them now- i would lose my **** if they made it to the dance. The **** that would be coming out of their inbred, toothless cockholsters would be insufferable. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel the need to say **** the Riders! **** Kevin Glenn! **** that fanbase!

hahaha..... I knew it would be a s**tstorm of negativity making that comment, but I don't care... Glenn deserves it.  The Riders are the last time I want hoisting the Cup, but it would really complete his career!

It's hard to beat a team three times in a row in one season. TO is at home, KG is starting in a playoff game. (yes he won last week, against ott...great) I'm taking TO, SSk has been playing well. But TO is rested, and that Dline is going to create pressure. If I'm a TO db lining up against carter, I'm doing nothing but complimenting him. Don't let him get intense and really needing to prove something. Not sure why players do that against him. Getting him fired up is the worst thing you can do. Keep it light and all compliments = shitty day for Carter.