Edmonton @ Calgary

Mr Dee

Edmonton @ Calgary 

Game Notes

*Calgary wrapped up the 2017 season series with their second-straight Labour Day home-and-home set sweep from Edmonton.

*Edmonton scored only three points in the first quarter against Calgary this year; the Stamps outscored them 44-23 in the first half.

*Edmonton dominated offensively 408 yards to 353 with 33:14 of time of possession, 354 passing yards per game, and a 56% per cent conversion rate.

*Calgary’s edges were on defence with nine Sacks to three, 32 pressures to 16 by the Esks, and seven takeaways to just three by Edmonton.

*Red Zone: Calgary cashed in seven of their 10 red zone chances (70 per cent); Edmonton went just four-of-10 (40 per cent)

*Punting: Calgary averaged 36.2 yards to Edmonton’s 31.9 mainly due to a 90-yard TD return by Roy Finch.

*FGs: Rene Paredes made six-of-seven field goal attempts vs. Edmonton this year; Sean Whyte missed all three games vs. the Stampeders.

*Alex Singleton had tackle totals of 13, 11 and six for 30 defensive stops vs. Edmonton. He had a tackle for loss in each game.

*Big Plays: Edmonton created seven “big plays” to Calgary’s nine.

*Kenny Ladler made 14 tackles in the two games he played against Calgary; Aaron Grymes made eight defensive tackles in his one game.

*Calgary comes into this game with a three-game losing streak, their longest in advance of a playoff game since 1957.

*Calgary’s last win: The Stamps enter this game with a two-game home losing streak after winning 17-straight at McMahon Stadium. They last won at home 50 days ago (Sep 29/17 to Nov 18/17: 0 days). Their last win at all was on Oct 13/17, 36 days ago.

*C.J. Gable has rushed for at least 70 yards in all five games he has started for Edmonton including 107 in the Semi-Final win at Winnipeg. Gable has 473 yards on 89 carries over his five Edmonton games for a 5.3 yard average with four rushing touchdowns.

*Johnny Adams has shifted to kick cover duty in recent games and has nine special teams tackles in the last four contests.

?‍?Mike Reilly vs Bo Levi Mitchell 

If Bo isn’t healthy...it will be Edmonton.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hoping for lots and lots and lots of injuries....nothing career threatening....just enough to make everyone look like assholes out there. Hope both teams look like pure, steaming ****.

In a good mood today I see! :) I am leaning toward the Esks - I agree with other posters regarding BLM - I don't think he is 100% and I like the Esk's chances in this one.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I'm still not convinced that Michell is 100% and the consistent poor play of the whole team in the last few games makes me believe that the Stamps can be had.

And that's what really stings. We had a golden opportunity this year. May not be like this in years to come.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Hoping for lots and lots and lots of injuries....nothing career threatening....just enough to make everyone look like assholes out there. Hope both teams look like pure, steaming ****.

Haha... a week wasn't enough to wear off the bitterness eh!?

i think this is going to be a great game, and come down to a last second Eskie FG to win the game.

Is JC sherrit back for EDM? Heard he was practicing with the team? Also again, (as the bombers learned last week) it's difficult to beat a team 3 times in a row in one season. The stamps haven't played this version of EDM. It's all up to CGY's D. I honestly have no doubts Edm D will limit CGY's O, even with a healthy Bo. Keep Edmonton under 20 points or it's a big L for little Dicky and the tramps. 

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

And then what if the Riders win & the Stamps or esks have significant injuries? Be careful what you wish for. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Is JC sherrit back for EDM? Heard he was practicing with the team? Also again, (as the bombers learned last week) it's difficult to beat a team 3 times in a row in one season. The stamps haven't played this version of EDM. It's all up to CGY's D. I honestly have no doubts Edm D will limit CGY's O, even with a healthy Bo. Keep Edmonton under 20 points or it's a big L for little Dicky and the tramps. 

Sherritt tore his Achilles, I think. He is supposed to be out for the entire season.

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

DHB on the left side.....completely busted there......Stamps look like they think they still are on the bye

Bizarre play by safety Bell too basically ran himself out of the play right to the sideline.  Almost like it should have been cover 2 with that boundary half covering the other deep half of the field.

Mitchell looks very limited with his arm.  Something definitely wrong with his shoulder.