Edmonton @ Calgary

Mr Dee

I didn't think either team look dominant in the 2nd half (I missed the first half).     Jordan seemed to have dropped 4 passes,   Parker missed an easy one,   Reilly didn't seem to have any guys open and forced a lot of throws.  

Ultimately the kick was the bone head play of the game...  made zero sense to me and everyone else it appears.   I'm glad that the game was mostly lost because of a decision from Maas.  Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy :) 

I’ve seen a lot of messed up decisions over the past year, but that decision to kick a FG on 3rd and 4 when you’re wIthin scoring range, and you’ve already proved you can get the 1st down is beyond bizarre. It doesn’t even make sense. Loss of downs would be deep in Calgary zone..then you stop them. 

Nope, one maased up, downright dumb call.

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dave and I just trading texts wondering what Iso would say if MOS made that call..... The word apoplectic came to mind.. 

Tacklewasher and I were texting at the same time saying that Tim Burke would have taken a knee...

20 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’ve seen a lot of messed up decisions over the past year, but that decision to kick a FG on 3rd and 4 when you’re wIthin scoring range, and you’ve already proved you can get the 1st down is beyond bizarre. It doesn’t even make sense. Loss of downs would be deep in Calgary zone..then you stop them. 

Nope, one maased up, downright dumb call.

I guess he didn't watch the Eastern final and what the Argos did on 3rd and 4.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

3rd and 4, down by 7 and you go for the FG?  Worst call I've seen since going for a 1 yard FG, indoors at sea level. Maybe even worse than that. ;)

I could understand if they had 4 - 5 minutes left on the clock.    With that little time it really didn't make any sense.  

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Dave and I just trading texts wondering what Iso would say if MOS made that call..... The word apoplectic came to mind.. 

If that was O'Shea you'd be' defending that call & being pissy with everyone who didn't.  Mike would never have made that call. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Well...I guess the call Maas made was at least a realistic field goal? Imagine if he had made that call on a 61-yarder haha...

I think people are also underestimating how much respect he was giving Calgary's offense in that scenario. I think he would look at a tie game with that much time as ample opportunity for Mitchell to march the field for the walk-off FG anyways?

Edited by Eternal optimist

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Well...I guess the call Maas made was at least a realistic field goal? Imagine if he had made that call on a 61-yarder haha...

I think people are also underestimating how much respect he was giving Calgary's offense in that scenario. I think he would look at a tie game with that much time as ample opportunity for Mitchell to march the field for the walk-off FG anyways?

Alex Singleton said that he disrespected the Stamps offense. Maas says he has no regrets with that call. That'll go over like a ton of bricks in Edmonton. No regrets?