Edmonton @ Calgary

Mr Dee

32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

. Maas says he has no regrets with that call. That'll go over like a ton of bricks in Edmonton. No regrets? 

I dedicate this song to Edmonton's 2017 season, and especially their awesome head coach.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Alex Singleton said that he disrespected the Stamps offense. Maas says he has no regrets with that call. That'll go over like a ton of bricks in Edmonton. No regrets? 

We can force a quick two and out... can't stop their run game, but sure, why not this time!??

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Maas can spin it any way he wants but after looking at his call the day after the only conclusion about he call is that he forgot the score.

Hard to feel sorry for a guy who treats his assistants so poorly & has a volatile temper. Ye reaps what ye sows. It all comes back ten fold. Next time he needs to remember a little humbleness & that everybody screws up. Even him. I know it's hard for Jason to accept even he can screw up. If he has a real beef with an assistant take it behind closed doors & work it out. 

I actually think people are being kind to Maas right now... I was watching that game with some family and I was discussing with my uncle when that play happened... neither of us could come up with any logical reason to kick the FG there... even if you don't make 3rd and 4, you turn the ball over and still need to force a 2 and out... it just doesn't make any sense, even after days of reflection...

I was strongly opposed to O'Shea's decision to kick a 61 yarder in Vancouver last year... but at least it made sense... the FG ties the game... this one had absolutely zero logic attached to it...

I understand what he was going for on that call....  but to me I would assume the odds and probability of them making the 3rd and 4th as compared to kicking the field goal and holding Calgary to only two plays and then marching 60 - 70 yards down field would be way higher in favour of going for the TD.      His call to kick would only make sense if they had 3 - 4 minutes left in the game... not with 2 minutes only left in the game.

35 minutes ago, tracker said:

I don't know where Maas had his head when he made that call, but I would bet he could see his spleen from there.

After freaking out of his coaching staff and assistants there is a certain delicious irony in seeing him make a blunder like that. What a maroon!

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I understand what he was going for on that call....  but to me I would assume the odds and probability of them making the 3rd and 4th as compared to kicking the field goal and holding Calgary to only two plays and then marching 60 - 70 yards down field would be way higher in favour of going for the TD.      His call to kick would only make sense if they had 3 - 4 minutes left in the game... not with 2 minutes only left in the game.

With that offense on the field, he should have literally had the Stamps at his mercy.  Have someone run a hot route in case they blitz / stack the box. If not, give it to Gable, who had been running great all game.