In Case You Missed It.....Parts 1 & 2

Mr Dee

?‍?I want to make mention of someone who has brought awareness and a great style to the Winnipeg Blue Bomber org. I’m speaking of Ed Tait.

The guy has put out so many feature stories and tidbits of information that’s it’s hard to keep up with. And they’re interesting, as well as informative. Let’s not ever take this guy for granted. He’s an MVW. - Most Valuable Writer and he writes for us...

“Working on CFL broadcasts like medicine for Matt Dunigan’s mind - “On this night, the stars are CFL legends Milt Stegall and Matt Dunigan, along with CFL panel host Rod Smith.”

“Dunigan calls it rehab for his brain, which has been affected by years of suffering concussions while taking big hits on the field and playing a head-first style of game.”

An interesting piece by Ted Wyman. http://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/working-on-cfl-broadcasts-like-medicine-for-matt-dunigans-mind 

?‍?And now Saskatchewan has extended Caleb Holley

.....Chase stegall

?‍?No matter who your team is, this is pretty cool               Football crop circle

?‍?Naaman Roosevelt has had a couple of concussions in the past few weeks. Life after football may have him working for Wheel of Fortune, slowly selling off his vowels to earn a living.

Words “Those 2 teams don't compare talent-wise to what we have on this team."    @ChadOwens2 on matchup vs. @REDBLACKS.

?‍?Jim Bender is making a late push for most ignorant Bomber beat writer..and he’s succeeding.

?‍?Wonder what’s going on in former Rider Coach, Cory Chamblin’s mind, as he finishes preparations for the East final against...his former team

?‍?Horrible U Sport football game between Western 81and Acadia 3

?‍?The Argos are the healthier team for the final...

?‍?That kicker from the Calgary Dino’s (Niko DeFonte) can really put the foot to FGs. Last week, a 59 yarder for the win, and this week a 47 yarder with plenty of distance...but Calgary lost 35-23

?‍?Good luck to all teams in the finals in each division...well, except for one.?

Edited by Mr Dee

Jennings to double his salary to $300,000 next season? What a freaking waste of money for an underperforming, overrated qb who doesn't win.  

David Braley grinding the Lions into the ground is so Toronto Argos.

Jacques Chapdelaine wanting to cut Nik Lewis & Ernest Jackson just shows he doesn't care about what players did in the past. He's a hard ass do it my way or the highway head coach. Unfortunately for him the highway came first.

The comment about Ed Tait is apt. I'm not sure if you want to call him a beat writer, but he's the best one in the league, if so. I've long made my fandom known on both this site and the other one back in the old days... The guy is a great writer, he's clearly a fan (which we all love) and he always comes across as a really relatable normal dude. Extremely thankful he's off the NHL beat and covering the Bombers again... 

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jennings to double his salary to $300,000 next season? What a freaking waste of money for an underperforming, overrated qb who doesn't win.  

David Braley grinding the Lions into the ground is so Toronto Argos.

Jacques Chapdelaine wanting to cut Nik Lewis & Ernest Jackson just shows he doesn't care about what players did in the past. He's a hard ass do it my way or the highway head coach. Unfortunately for him the highway came first.

Jackson was horrible this year, Montreal should've got rid of him. 

11 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Does Jennings have an out is his contract? I’ve seen a few reports about there being NFL interest in him but I’ve also seen reports he’s under contract for next season.

Jennings signed through 2018. Don't see how he can wriggle out of it.

I always said people were fools to sleep on Ricky Ray. That guy has done nothing but win ever since he got into the league. Yeah if you let him take a pounding he's going to have issues like every qb will, but we all knew trestman wasn't going to let that happen. He's a smart coach, he knows what's up. 

Quarterbacking matters in the CFL and you'd be hard pressed to find a better passer than Ray in this league. 

22 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Jackson was horrible this year, Montreal should've got rid of him. 

He wasn't great but look who was throwing to him. He still had over 700 receiving yards which would put him third behind Adams and Harris, but ahead of Denmark, and Dressler in yards. He will certainly neee to prove himself next season so I wouldn't mind bringing him if the price is right. He was good in BC and great in Ottawa..

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Trestman put in a system that didn't let Ray get his ass kicked game in and game out. Same as he did for Calvillo. 

It's almost If though you protect your QB good things happen to your offense! Besides the QB position id argue the offensive line is the most import aspect to a teams success in football. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He wasn't great but look who was throwing to him. He still had over 700 receiving yards which would put him third behind Adams and Harris, but ahead of Denmark, and Dressler in yards. He will certainly neee to prove himself next season so I wouldn't mind bringing him if the price is right. He was good in BC and great in Ottawa..

And he was playing WR. He's a slot. Why they put him out there i will never understand. If he's available, i hope walters goes hard after him. Exactly what this O could use.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yes but don't underestimate the Trestman effect.. 

I've never seen a football coach with his demeanor before, he was born to be an accountant named Murray that simply showed up at the wrong job interview. 

https://www.argonauts.ca/2017/11/19/trestman_nov-19/

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I've never seen a football coach with his demeanor before, he was born to be an accountant named Murray that simply showed up at the wrong job interview. 

https://www.argonauts.ca/2017/11/19/trestman_nov-19/

I think his demeanour is comparable to O'sheas. The one difference is Trestman is just so well spoken. You can tell he's highly intelligent.