Grey Cup: Calgary vs Toronto

JCon

10 minutes ago, pigseye said:

That Ottawa team was solid from top to bottom and Burris was at the top of his game. I don't see this Argo squad being quite in the same league. Stamps in a cake walk.

this Argos team is better than that RBs team, zero question. Other than being freakishly healthy last year, they really didn't have a lot going for them. Hell, Harris was supposed to start that GC game until he got hurt right before kickoff and Burris had to start....(OH LORD, WHAT MORE MUST HE OVERCOME????!!!!!) 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this Argos team is better than that RBs team, zero question. Other than being freakishly healthy last year, they really didn't have a lot going for them. Hell, Harris was supposed to start that GC game until he got hurt right before kickoff and Burris had to start....(OH LORD, WHAT MORE MUST HE OVERCOME????!!!!!) 

Pretty sure Burris was the one that got hurt then made the rest of the day about himself

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I can assure you there is no conspiracy. No one in Ontario cares that the West exists. They still believe we're governed by the Hudson's Bay Company.

Wait, we're no longer residents of Rupert's Land...? Oh, boy. Better make sure to take this down after work:

600px-Hudsons_Bay_Company_Flag.svg.png

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Clearly, that is the only reason to win a Grey Cup. Spite.

The CFL without Toronto would not survive and even though Toronto doesn't care about the CFL the league looks after them. Need a QB, how about Ricky Ray? Need a coach, how about Mark Trestman?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I've based my entire life on that...

also stuff that life can be based on are the following:

If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing!

If it doesn't have Siamese twins in a jar, it is not a fair.

Children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?

Roads are just a suggestion, just like pants.

I just wish once someone would call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

If God didn't want me to eat chicken in church, then he would have made gluttony a sin.

Vampires are make-believe, just like elves, gremlins and Eskimos.

When are people going to learn? Democracy doesn't work.

Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is like another nail.

And the best one of all that all Bomber fans need to take to heart:

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I can assure you there is no conspiracy. No one in Ontario cares that the West exists. They still believe we're governed by the Hudson's Bay Company.

Agreed, when people in Montreal or Toronto ask where I'm from they either have no idea where Manitoba is or ask if Winnipeg is in Saskatchewan.

8 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Agreed, when people in Montreal or Toronto ask where I'm from they either have no idea where Manitoba is or ask if Winnipeg is in Saskatchewan.

kind of like when someone tells me they are from the Maritimes - I have no ability to differentiate between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.

On 11/20/2017 at 8:09 AM, JCon said:

But why does the "B" side champion go directly to the Grey Cup?

This is a good idea... the CFL should go to a curling-style format... double knockout for the west... single for the east... B-side winner (east) plays A-side runner up... :D

22 hours ago, bluto said:

Calgary has been the class of the league and they beat us twice and were full value for the wins. 

I'm sure you're already aware of this... but something to keep in mind... Bomber were 2-0 vs Edm this year and Sask was 2-0 vs Tor this year...

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

This sounds familiar... see below

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I'm sure you're already aware of this... but something to keep in mind... Bomber were 2-0 vs Edm this year and Sask was 2-0 vs Tor this year...

Yeah, but the Rider losses felt kinda sketchy. We got flagged into oblivion and had poor discipline and couldn't get a bounce. I felt like on our day, we'd prove the better team.

Calgary on the other hand, curbstomped us away, and beat us good at home. Our level has gotten closer to theirs these last several weeks, but I harbour no illusions of superiority. Need the Football Gods to smile upon us this Sunday for that.

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Yeah, but the Rider losses felt kinda sketchy.

Most of the Rider wins this year were of the bullshit variety. They won most of their games on the backs of other teams turning the ball over a ton and being undisciplined. To beat that team is pretty simple really, just don't beat yourselves. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Most of the Rider wins this year were of the bullshit variety. They won most of their games on the backs of other teams turning the ball over a ton and being undisciplined. To beat that team is pretty simple really, just don't beat yourselves. 

Truth be told, darned few CFL teams shone this year. All went through times of struggle, so it often came down to whoever made the fewest bonehead mistakes during the game, and yes, that reference included the coaches. 

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Yeah, but the Rider losses felt kinda sketchy. We got flagged into oblivion and had poor discipline and couldn't get a bounce. I felt like on our day, we'd prove the better team.

Calgary on the other hand, curbstomped us away, and beat us good at home. Our level has gotten closer to theirs these last several weeks, but I harbour no illusions of superiority. Need the Football Gods to smile upon us this Sunday for that.

For one game, RR > BLM. Given that and a few bounces from the football Gods, y'all have a fighting chance. 

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'll be cheering for the Argos because I like an underdog and I hate the Stampeders.

I'm also happy for Trestman/Ray.  Veteran coach with veteran QB.  It's a great combo.  We should try it sometime.... <_<

Im good with up and coming coach whos clearly on the rise coupled with a fast rising QB who has elevated his game to... gasp... elite levels in the last 2 seasons, lol.

either/or should be a recipe for success.